Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: TexasSP's BJV4 XR called Black Widow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Looking good Brian!
Grassyass! I am really loving this rig, so much more than the losi, much less finicky.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Nice choice of chassis
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

The skins look great nice work on the rig! Those links are crazy, I dig em!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
Nice choice of chassis
Thanks, I like many of the others, but there's a certain sexiness of the BJ that I just couldn't pass up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
The skins look great nice work on the rig! Those links are crazy, I dig em!
Thanks Dicky! The links are surely a trip but work really well. Even though krawlfreak posted up how he did them I would have never been able to duplicate them on my own. There are several subtle bends that have to be just right. Wink does a very nice job.

I think this rig has been the most fun to build since I converted my first Revo!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Well, looks like some RC4WD gears are on the way for the front. I thought about going axial machined but after reading all reviews decided to give the RC4WD's a swing. Front final drive gear broke a tooth and I don't want to fart around with gear issues every time I run.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
I don't want to fart around with gear issues every time I run.
Good idea.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Wow that looks amazing with the skins And nice spaghetti noodle pretzel shaped rear links, those have to win the most insane rear links award to date!

Glad to see im not the only train fan on here . For those bad weather days I got a small On30 layout I am working on... got to love it for those days and nights when you can't crawl
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
Wow that looks amazing with the skins And nice spaghetti noodle pretzel shaped rear links, those have to win the most insane rear links award to date! )
I am not the only one to use those links. Krawlfreak is the originator and made them for his BJ4 chassis and another member here winkscrawler makes them. I know Harley is running them and I believe RowdyRacing is as well. They work really freaking well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
Glad to see im not the only train fan on here . For those bad weather days I got a small On30 layout I am working on... got to love it for those days and nights when you can't crawl
Yeah, I am not creative enough on my own so with my screen name and train passion I thought it would be call. Thanks for the compliments but much credit goes to Michelle (KrawlerKreations) for the skins design. She took my idea and ran with it.

Cool to see other train guys rolling the rocks as well! I have had a curiosity towards the narrow gauge layouts for a while.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

My dad has built a couple N scale layouts, i had a HO scale layout at one time. Now my dad and I are designing an O scale layout :P Trains are awesome
dabbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for all the kudos...was a fun creative idea to work with
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
I am not the only one to use those links. Krawlfreak is the originator and made them for his BJ4 chassis and another member here winkscrawler makes them. I know Harley is running them and I believe RowdyRacing is as well. They work really freaking well.

Yeah, I am not creative enough on my own so with my screen name and train passion I thought it would be call. Thanks for the compliments but much credit goes to Michelle (KrawlerKreations) for the skins design. She took my idea and ran with it.

Cool to see other train guys rolling the rocks as well! I have had a curiosity towards the narrow gauge layouts for a while.
Yeah its still so cool with the train theme on there!

Not to get to off-topic but I like On30 vs HO... I joke and go "I doubled my scale and halved the space" I used to have a big 4x8 HO layout but after a while I got rid of it and then stopped. Found On30 and now im all over it. Now if track wasn't so expensive...
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yup, something like that also incorporating my screen name.

It looks like SD9 but the radiator grills about midway don't look right and neither does the upper portion of the nose. Maybe something SP had done special or was on later models?

I am not extremely creative but love trains and love crawlers so I thought they could form a marriage of sorts. I have an E7 AB set in HO with the black widow scheme and it's one of my favorites. Even if I can't drive well my crawler will look good.

My dad and I have a 300 square foot HO setup (I do most of the work on it). It's harder to find time for it with my family (kids and all) and the fact it is at my dad's hangar and not at home. I have an O scale setup for my oldest son at home. It's just a carpet empire on the floor running a SP Daylight but he loves it.

The nose is original, the SP did that on all the SD9's. As far as the radiator grills go, they are also correct from the research I've done. Railpictures.net is awesome place to look.
relic68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Whoops! I spelled Michelle's screen name wrong.......

Krawler Konceptz is who made my skins
Old 05-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Whoops! I spelled Michelle's screen name wrong.......

Krawler Konceptz is who made my skins
No worries it was a Krawler Train Skin Kreation....
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Well, got everything lined out today and new RC4WD gears put in. Personally, I was expecting them to be louder based on the feedback from others but they aren't any louder than the stockers to me. Used lucas grease on them and that's it. I am very please with them so far and gave the XR a nice workout today. I am loving 4s with the 55t motors. Speed and power are both good for these cheap little motors.

The more and more I drive this rig the more and more it impresses me. I find myself pushing limits I would have never tried before. I need to do some more shock tuning but it is cycling fairly well for me right now. I think I will pull them apart and rebuild them with my own oil seeing I haven't done that since getting it from the previous owner and I know they are not all behaving equally.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Looking good Brian,you gonna run it at our next comp?
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Looking good Brian,you gonna run it at our next comp?
Oh yeah! and thanks for the compliment!

I am looking forward to giving it the workout in Galveston and seeing how it does and what it needs. I am trying to get practice in when I can, 10-15 minutes here and there, which is better than none. I hope to be much better prepared than my last outing at Concrete Canyon.

Now I am just trying to decide what I am going to do with the Losi..........
Old 05-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassp View Post
now i am just trying to decide what i am going to do with the losi..........
scaler!!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
scaler!!
Probably..............have scx frame already, and shocks, and links, and a bushwhacker body, and..............