Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Link locations with VP upper link mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
Rockin' in Reno

Default Link locations with VP upper link mount

So, I thought I would start this thread to see where everyone is mounting their upper links with the new VP upper link mount. I have been reading about anti-squat and saw that it says to run the rear uppers high on the link mount and low on the chassis and the opposite of that for the front. I am just wondering if anyone is doing that, and how it is working for them. Also, I am wondering what other combinations being used and why.

Thanks,
rcjackson0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2011, 01:41 AM   #2
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

I'm running the rears at the top location on the axle & bottom at the chassis. This gives me a stable platform on the steeper climbs. Up front I'm running em low on the axle & high on the chassis & it seems to help on breakovers. I went thru 6 battery packs after mounting the VP mounts front & rear & tested most combinations & this seemed to be the best fit for me. This is pretty much how I ran my uppers on my LCC & its very predictable for me. As with most things in crawlin...its give & take. Ya gotta find the happy medium that suits your style, rig setup & terrain. There's no substitute for testing yourself. I see lots of guys run cookie cutter setups...meaning that because Joe's rig is setup up that way...so is Tom's, John's & Bob's. Even tho Joe is aggressive & ham fisted & Tom drives technical & slow. Or John runs slick red rock & Bob runs mostly on rip rap. I try to be on top of what setups work where for me but if you read someone like Jake Wrights threads...that's a never ending job.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #3
Rockin' in Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
I'm running the rears at the top location on the axle & bottom at the chassis. This gives me a stable platform on the steeper climbs. Up front I'm running em low on the axle & high on the chassis & it seems to help on breakovers. I went thru 6 battery packs after mounting the VP mounts front & rear & tested most combinations & this seemed to be the best fit for me. This is pretty much how I ran my uppers on my LCC & its very predictable for me. As with most things in crawlin...its give & take. Ya gotta find the happy medium that suits your style, rig setup & terrain. There's no substitute for testing yourself. I see lots of guys run cookie cutter setups...meaning that because Joe's rig is setup up that way...so is Tom's, John's & Bob's. Even tho Joe is aggressive & ham fisted & Tom drives technical & slow. Or John runs slick red rock & Bob runs mostly on rip rap. I try to be on top of what setups work where for me but if you read someone like Jake Wrights threads...that's a never ending job.
Thanks, that is in-line with what I have been reading, but not as much for what I am seeing on people's pictures in their posts. That is what made me start this thread.
rcjackson0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I switched to straight upper links on the front, so I have them mounted in the top position on the axle and still high on the chassis. First test it tomorrows comp, so we'll see how it works, but I like the way it feels so far, seems like the articulation is a lot smoother.
zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Let us know how your testing goes. I thought about that set up & just haven't given her a try. I'm curious how that works for ya.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote