Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Stock chassis vs. aftermarket

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Question Stock chassis vs. aftermarket

hi,
I am new to the xr10 and I got one from another member here in rcu. Now I am not new to crawlers and I know that most of the time if you upgrade the chassis the result will be that your performance will upgrade drasticaly. But since the xr10 was designed with the competitions in mind and it was not the first design by axial, I would like to know from you experts what is the benefit in this particular case to upgrade the chassis. Am I going to see a huge improvement or will it be minor? My xr isn't all stock Its got all the VP upgrades, and bent lynks but my next upgrade would be the chassis....I need advise. Also if someone has done a video on stock vs. Modded please let me know .
norbyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

In my opinion chassis comes down to personal preference. The stock chassis is great, the carbon fiber version is better do to less sprung weight.

All of the aftermarket chassis out there work well too. The best thing to do is look at them all, decide if you want to aftermarket, stay stock, or get the axial cf version. Any of the choices will yield a great working rig with some tuning time put in.

If you decide on an aftermarket chassis, look into it some and make sure you get shocks that will best work with the chassis. The kit shocks are good, but not optimal for some of the aftermarket choices.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

I'd say in most cases...break over clearance is the biggest gain with the majority of after market chassis'. The stock chassis is a good chassis & the break over is definitely not bad at all but like most things in life...can be improved upon. Like DickyT said...do your homework & read as many threads as ya can before pulling the trigger.

Last edited by HARDKNOCKZ; 05-19-2011 at 11:53 AM.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
20K Club

If I was going to run a body I would stay stock. I wanted bodiless so I changed it up instead
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
RCC Addict

My buddy to this day rocks the stock setup....Just got first at the Axial qualifier
here in Cali... You'll have a hard time telling him bodiless chassis are better, and
I would have to agree, especially with his consistent 1st place finishes....

Its about preference...If you want a bodyless setup, buy one. Ultimately it will
always come down to driver and experience. My .2 cents

Last edited by fa1rch1ld; 05-19-2011 at 12:56 PM.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote