Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: --- The Crawler Innovations XR-10 Build --

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #41
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeDreams View Post
Lovin all the testing Eddy. I always liked my sedonas because of the large lugs with good spacing but like you said when big lugs bit they hold on. I find some times the lug can be a bit big to really conform well so these could be a wicked tire.
Thank you Mark. Have you received your wraith axles yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvny081 View Post
those links are effin awesome!
Chaotic Crawlers is who you want to thank or contact if you would like some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
Going to throw jet fuel on the fire so look out.
6" ???

This rig looks great and would love to see it run..
I will get some video of the truck once my rock piles are clean. We cut down a 50ft pine tree Sunday that was between rock piles and I still have to finish cleaning up the mess. Once I do that I will get some good video and post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener2732 View Post
This is a very clean looking rig - great job!!!!!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrbd1 View Post
Tires are looking awesome. I have always liked the Sedonas, but now that I'm running the Khaos Pins they are my new favorite for sure. For the most part they crawl circles around the Sedonas but there are those few occassins where the Sedonas just seem to work better. Now a tire with the best of both worlds. I am definitely interested.
That's what I am working towards. A tire better suited for more terrain, predictable and stable. I'm glad you are liking the Khaos as much as you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty00 View Post
Couldn't said it better my self i run my blocks but there is this one course that we run that the sedonas just seem to work. Great job eddie your changing the way we all crawl with your great tire ideas.
Thank you for your compliment
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 02:10 PM   #42
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Smile Update

First off, here is a video of the XR-10 with these hybrid tires mounted:

Crawler Innovations You Tube Channel

For the purpose of this video:
XR-10 weighing 5 pounds 12 ounces RTR

Hybrid Cut N Shut white dot HB Sedonas with red dot HB Blocks

Proto Type Foam Set

1" Wide Vanquish Products Bead Locks

The C hubs have been drilled and clocked back more while the front axle has been clocked up entirely for motor clearance. I will be making a new battery tray to mount the battery between the skid and axle. The increased castor has the tire getting into the RR battery mount.

New Front VP upper link mount.
I had to modify the C.I. servo guard for clearance of the upper link mounting bolt.
New Racers Edge servo horn.

New Rear VP Upper Link Mount:

Sedonas siped and grooved:

Here are the photos from the video to show the line a little more.

It's a tough line for sure. It also has a lot to do with the rock itself. I'm not certain what the correct name of this rock is, but it's temperature sensitive and humidity sensitive more than any rock I have crawled on. This stuff will be traction central during one part of the day, then hours later be so slick you won't complete the same line. I went out last night about 7PM and ran the same line in the video 5 times in row cleanly. Then when I ask Lori to film it this morning, you could see how difficult it was. It's definitely good rock to learn on, cause it keeps you on your toes.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Hands down my favorite line to practice on. pm sent.
TC09mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #44
E.Y. Designs

Oh wow that does look like a challenging line. Amazing looking crawler. Tires are really cool, and look like they perform really well.
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #45
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC09mini View Post
Hands down my favorite line to practice on. pm sent.
See you this Saturday for the comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Oh wow that does look like a challenging line. Amazing looking crawler. Tires are really cool, and look like they perform really well.
Thank you sir.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Hi, real nice looking crawler!! I had a question on your tires. I'm in the middle of my build now and was wondering about the block tires I have been reading about,,,I don't see them on your website and wondered how they compare to the Khaos tires? I run Mayham wheels so I have all widths but was about to order the Khaos until I read about the block tires. R U going to be adding them to your website? They look real close to the Khaos,,,can you tell me the difference, how they compare to each other?

How far are you from Ennis Tx? I get down there at least once a year, my outlaws are from Ennis Tx. OPS,,,,did I say that out load?? In laws that is!!! Defiantly going to bring the crawlers next trip!!!!

Thanks

Mike
mgauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #47
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgauger View Post
Hi, real nice looking crawler!! I had a question on your tires. I'm in the middle of my build now and was wondering about the block tires I have been reading about,,,I don't see them on your website and wondered how they compare to the Khaos tires? I run Mayham wheels so I have all widths but was about to order the Khaos until I read about the block tires. R U going to be adding them to your website? They look real close to the Khaos,,,can you tell me the difference, how they compare to each other?

How far are you from Ennis Tx? I get down there at least once a year, my outlaws are from Ennis Tx. OPS,,,,did I say that out load?? In laws that is!!! Defiantly going to bring the crawlers next trip!!!!

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike and thank you for the kind words about the build.

The Block tires were out of stock for a few months, They are now back, and I will add a cut n shut option for them on the web site soon.

As for Blocks and Khaos. I don't have a preference. They both work well (IMO). The block has better lug integrity but the bigger lug seems to hurt forward bite. The khaos seems to so everything well, but it lacks lug integrity (IMO) to really grad or hold hard like the block lug. So Hybrids are suppose to be a bridge to start making a single tire design more suited to multiple terrains. It's early in the testing and I have a lot to learn.

I'm roughly 2 hours east of Ennis, Texas.

Thanks,
- Eddie
Old 05-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #48
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: --- The Crawler Innovations XR-10 Build --

Wow, I didn't realize it had been 6 months since I last updated this thread .

Lots to update then,

I finished 1st place with this truck in our ETXRCC points series. I ran the cut n shut C.I. sedona - blocks all season at every comp. The axles did not break the entire season and there was no breakage issues anywhere else.

After our local comp in March, I upgraded the axles with VP upper case halves. Our March comp had a large amount of break overs and the plastic housings were flexing open at the locker. I noticed a couple other trucks do it also. The only trucks that did not, had been upgraded with either brass inserts or VP axle tops. I added the tops and they made a big improvement. It also add weight. As pictured, the truck weighs 6 pounds 2 ounce.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #49
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Credit goes to Freq-E-Skinz for the template and kick ass designs. My camera is slowly dieing and the photos don't properly display the high quality of these skinz. They are so nicely done it's time to spread the word.

Below is my TX with all my sponsors:

My baby mama's TX :

Gavin's TX:

Old 05-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #50
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Thank you to Y-Town Crawlers (Jeremy) for this amazingly machined 3.5 Secret Agent carbon fiber bodiless chassis. Jeremy, you sir are the chassis master. The attention to detail & beautiful machine work is the best I have seen after years of being in this hobby. Thank you for your dedication & advancement of our hobby

Old 06-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #51
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I'm not sure where to begin, but this is basically a new truck, new set up, and heading towards different goals. I assumed this chassis would be like my V4 BJ, but it is totally different. The pictures below are the fifth set up I tested and probably where I will stay. The truck was RTR, but in attempt to shave weight, I ruined four mamba micro pros trying to de-case and reconfigure them. I will update the thread with tech in the morning.

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 06-07-2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: added information
Old 06-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Looks great man. What does it weigh now?
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Looking good Eddie now get working on the *** Berg
marlboroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

I love how the upper link run parallel. Reminds me of how my old Kamikaze was. I remember BillyGoat teaching me about how to set up my links?

I have seen your Rockshow. How does this climb vs your T1E?

Apple to Apple?
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post
How does this climb vs your T1E?
It does not appear to be rtr yet.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Man, what happened with the decasing? Sucks to hear. From everything I've heard about this chassis, its the way to go! Hopefully it will work well for you at the TX champs.
TC09mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC09mini View Post
Man, what happened with the decasing? Sucks to hear. From everything I've heard about this chassis, its the way to go! Hopefully it will work well for you at the TX champs.
It should work really well, he's been getting some great setup advice.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #58
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Only 11 months later ...

A video compilation from footage taken on Saturday May 11th, 2013. The crawler filmed is the Crawler Innovations XR-10. It uses a Y-Town Crawlers Secret Agent Carbon Fiber Chassis with custom titanium links. The truck as filmed weighed exactly 5 pounds 0 ounces; RTR. It has Holmes Hobbies Hand Wound 35T motors. The wheels are 1" VP SLW V4 Bead Locks. The tires are 4 7/8" Tall 2.2 Panther Cougars & Prototype Double Deuce Foams. For years now the Panther Cougar has been considered too short of a tire to be used in USRCCA competitions. I'm testing a new foam design using the shortest tire and completing obstacles that should really use a taller tire to complete.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Very nice. I used to run the Cougars on my LCC when I had it and they always seemed to work well. By the looks of your video you've got them performing great. I would surely try Cougars again if you come up with a good foam setup or them.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Still have a set of cougars in the tire bin. They were great back in the day.

SVEN was running some not to long ago at a rainy day comp. They worked pretty good for him.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#ayalametalworks, #crawlerinnovations

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/335709-crawler-innovations-xr-10-build.html
Posted By For Type Date
Calgary R/C - View topic - 1/2 sedona / 1/2 Kaos-boss claws This thread Refback 10-05-2011 08:08 PM