Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: What did I buy? What can you see on this XR10 i'm buying?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2018, 07:41 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default What did I buy? What can you see on this XR10 i'm buying?

Hey all, I've been out of it for a while and am picking up this Axial XR10 comp rig to have some fun with as I thought for $500 it is a good deal for an RTR rig. Anyone know what upgrades you can see? The CF chassis, links, metal gearbox plates, skid, servo armor all look to be aftermarket as does whatever the silver tray is up front. Supposedly has all the stock parts that were removed too.

The rig includes a Savox 1232 servo, Novak M2 Dig ESC, unknown motors and a Spectrum DX3C w/ receiver. What can you tell me about it?

Couple photos I was sent here:

https://imgur.com/a/FRwEQhS

My first foray back with a comp rig and so much has changed i'm learning all over again.
jamesbernatchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2018, 10:03 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What did I buy? What can you see on this XR10 i'm buying?

@Nabil Will recognize the chassis for sure.

Looks like titanium links, rowdy racing battery mount, VP servo armor, voodoo pins, BWD motor savers, proline scaler shocks. Not terrible for $500.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:01 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
@Nabil Will recognize the chassis for sure.

Looks like titanium links, rowdy racing battery mount, VP servo armor, voodoo pins, BWD motor savers, proline scaler shocks. Not terrible for $500.
Appreciate the help. Turns out the motors are Novak Rock Star 45t motors and it has Y-Town titanium links, Proline Scaler shocks (but those need to be swapped out and a better top mount setup). I rewired everything and after a few hours was able to get it up and running with dig working. It's pretty cool so far. Going to run it tomorrow to see how it is on the rocks.
jamesbernatchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:46 AM   #4
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Well, what do you think? I had a Novak M2 also in my first XR10. It was better than the punk dig but no where near 2 seperate esc ( I have 2Tekin FXR) My Novak only lasted about 2 months then the reverse went out.I dont think that radio will support double speed controllers. I may be wrong. Nice looking rig I am sure as you drive it more and more you will want to put your own touches on it. Tell me....... what are the 2 metal pieces that wrap around the transmission? Are they some kind of skid? Most of the guys in my area run XR10s, I have never seen them. Possibly old school.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote

What did I buy? What can you see on this XR10 i'm buying? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying a xr10 mactools02 Axial XR10 14 07-12-2015 04:12 AM
Buying the XR10 Kit Q's crawlwhat Axial XR10 4 03-11-2011 03:10 PM
Possible to build an XR10 without buying the kit?? NVUS Axial XR10 25 01-18-2011 07:26 PM