RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial XR10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/)
-   -   Popular/affordable tires for an XR10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/350512-popular-affordable-tires-xr10.html)

Mysterious 11-27-2011 11:29 AM

Popular/affordable tires for an XR10

Anyone got suggestions for good all around crawler tires (that maybe come with foams) at an affordable price?

I was considering HB Sedonas but then saw the suggested foams are separate making tires/foams $80+.

Are the Losi Comp Claws or Boss Claws good? Other suggestions based on experience?

DiggyStyle 11-27-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterious (Post 3402212)
Anyone got suggestions for good all around crawler tires (that maybe come with foams) at an affordable price?

I was considering HB Sedonas but then saw the suggested foams are separate making tires/foams $80+.

Are the Losi Comp Claws or Boss Claws good? Other suggestions based on experience?

Two best tires on the crawler market IMO are the Pro-Line Chisels and HB Rovers. Can't go wrong with either of those. "thumbsup"

2500hdon37s 11-27-2011 11:41 AM

HB Rovers or sedonas hands down.

go to a comp and you'll see 95% of rigs running HB tires.

benoj 11-27-2011 11:41 AM

i woud go with either HB rovers or sedonas or cut boss claws and run the stock foams for a bit and when you are ready get other foams

Mysterious 11-27-2011 11:44 AM

Are these the Rovers you speak of?
Hot Bodies Rover Rock Crawler Tire (White) (2) [HBS67772] | RC Cars & Trucks - A Main Hobbies

2500hdon37s 11-27-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterious (Post 3402238)

yes, but they are cheaper here-
Hot Bodies 2.2 ROVER CRAWLING TIRE Soft (2)

Mysterious 11-27-2011 12:07 PM

Charlie-III 11-27-2011 12:18 PM

For 2.2, the selection of "good" tires is small for comps.

Sedonas or soft (white dot) rovers are the 2 most common and you can pick the brains of the locals running them.

Memory foam is nice if it's warm, other foams will be good across multiple temperatures.

As mentioned, see what other locals are running. A lot depends on the rocks/terrain you run on.

A broken in tire that is CLEAN makes a lot of the difference. Practice is the next thing.8)8)

When you're comping Nationals, foam makes a big difference, but if you're asking these questions, I will assume you are not Nationals ready yet.8)

bbking9 11-27-2011 12:35 PM

Mysterious,

you can get 4 of these tires for $11.99 - not 2 tires but 4 tires for $11.99.

Losi Comp Claw 2.2 Tires w/Foam, Blue (2) Buy one get one FREE!

Sure all the experienced and hardcore guys run Sedonas or Rovers - but do YOU really need them? Will you be able to tell the difference?? I kinda doubt it (no offense - I know I would not be able to tell the difference).

Since you are new like me - y not get the these - put the savings on another part.

Just my $.02

Mysterious 11-27-2011 01:02 PM

@BB - thank u again for the more info/links.... so many options out there....

Kratos 11-27-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbking9 (Post 3402320)
Mysterious,

you can get 4 of these tires for $11.99 - not 2 tires but 4 tires for $11.99.

Losi Comp Claw 2.2 Tires w/Foam, Blue (2) Buy one get one FREE!

Sure all the experienced and hardcore guys run Sedonas or Rovers - but do YOU really need them? Will you be able to tell the difference?? I kinda doubt it (no offense - I know I would not be able to tell the difference).

Since you are new like me - y not get the these - put the savings on another part.

Just my $.02

i can tell ya right now if you were to run the sedonas or rovers with even their stock foam vs a comp claw with stock foam or even well tuned foam the difference is night and day. you will make climbs with the HB tires that u couldnt make with the comp claws

KBrog 11-27-2011 01:08 PM

Go here. Specials & Combos

You can get Rover's or Sedona's with great foams for $55

bbking9 11-27-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratos (Post 3402373)
i can tell ya right now if you were to run the sedonas or rovers with even their stock foam vs a comp claw with stock foam or even well tuned foam the difference is night and day. you will make climbs with the HB tires that u couldnt make with the comp claws

Hey - what do I know. These guys are way more experienced than me.

Kratos 11-27-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbking9 (Post 3402427)
Hey - what do I know. These guys are way more experienced than me.

i apologize if that came off wrong. all i was saying that the difference is night and day between the tires is all.

Mysterious 11-27-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBrog (Post 3402378)
Go here. Specials & Combos

You can get Rover's or Sedona's with great foams for $55

Are those 4 tires & 4 foams for $55?

asian195 11-27-2011 01:52 PM

I'm a noob also. I had one run with my losi boss claws and memory foam, they did ok. Then borrowed a set of losi comp claws I believe (they were a pin type tread). WOW. Huge difference. Way more traction. I am now the proud owner of a set of HB rovers white dot. Running stock foams for now until I know what foams to get. So, the way I see it, buy some good tires now and do it once. Don't buy the 2 for 1 deal. Then in a month throw them away and buy rovers or sedonas. just my opinion.

Sent from my uber smart, smart phone....

KBrog 11-27-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterious (Post 3402462)
Are those 4 tires & 4 foams for $55?

Sure is! Just look close to make sure you order the (WD) White Dot, if you order Rover's. Then you can pick what foams you want for front and rear.

Scottmisfits 11-27-2011 03:08 PM

I have run Chisels, Boss Claws, Comp Claws, Rovers, Rock Grabbers, etc. I always end up back at the Rovers. I run in Ted's Garage and 95% of the guys there are running Grabbers, quite a few with stock foam. I ran the rovers with stock foam some aftermarket foams and can hardly tell the difference.

My tire of choice is Rovers

BurnLatex 11-27-2011 03:59 PM

Sedonas or Rovers in white dot from Crawler Innovations with their 2 stage foams. Awesome foams, awesome tires.

bbking9 11-27-2011 04:18 PM

Hey Kratos - nah - didnt come off wrong at all. I am a new guy hear and have probably read every thread and every post on here trying to learn what I can. You guys know better than me - you have experience with specific tires etc... I respect what you guys have to say - I just take most of it with a grain of salt.

I just wanted to give Mysterious an option he may not have been aware off.

I have been into various RCs for 20 years. Each type (1/8 buggies, 1/10 TC, helis) has their own little "cult following" of parts that should be used. And I think for the most part it is based on having good experiences with those parts. And that is great.

BUT as Mysterious has probably never even driven a crawler - I am not always sure that the tried and true (usually meaning more expensive) is the only way to go for someone to start on. Not just with tires but all the parts tauted on here as MUST HAVES. They probably are if you are running in competitions - but it seems alot of people on here think everyone is trying to make the Nationals. Some of use just wanna have fun with the coolest looking crawler around at a price that wont break the bank.

Oh well - there ya go. By the Way - glad i bought white dot Rovers !!!