Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: XR new!!! why the price dropped?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #1

Default XR new!!! why the price dropped?

Hi guys,

No complaining, but I have seen the xr10 price dropped all the way to like $129.99.. Is this crawler going to be discontinued?? or what??

Anyone??

Regards,
Hector
pilatus turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Might be cause you need to do some upgrades to make it strong and last..... And the flood of sales has dropped.

Rob
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

i wouldn't call it new, it's over a year old now
T3rry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Well this topic has been beat alot over the last few weeks but let me chime in on the topic. I believe the sales have dropped to a snails pace because the kit is now old and they are trying to liquidate. There is also a possibility they are comming out with a new upgraded kit but unlikely. Over the past few months it appears Axial is more enamored with scalers and "Go Fast" vehicles vs. the hardcore crawler scene. I doubt Axial will drop the crawler scene since they practically brought it to the masses, but it seems they are more interested in the RTR get noobs involved mindset. Its not hard to see the comp scene is going downhill by reviewing attendance numbers so the bean counters may of suggested reaching new target markets with new products for the companies longevity.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

this is one of the side effects of large companies. just look at all the models that Traxxas or Tamiya has put out compared to the little guy. You don't see talk of Burg or Bully lines being discontinued a year into production.. The smaller companies do seem to have much longer runs of their model lines too. If it wasn't for the big guys, the little guys would probably not be in business. many get into the hobby via the big name brands then find the little guy when they are looking to improve or upgrade their mass produced purchase. Its not cost effective for Axial to make their crawlers with all metal axles/gears etc because the majority of first time buyers won't be willing to pay the premiun for that..
$129 will fit on a lot more Xmas list budgets too.

Last edited by soutthpaw; 12-03-2011 at 09:53 AM.
soutthpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCrawlGood View Post
Well this topic has been beat alot over the last few weeks but let me chime in on the topic. I believe the sales have dropped to a snails pace because the kit is now old and they are trying to liquidate. There is also a possibility they are comming out with a new upgraded kit but unlikely. Over the past few months it appears Axial is more enamored with scalers and "Go Fast" vehicles vs. the hardcore crawler scene. I doubt Axial will drop the crawler scene since they practically brought it to the masses, but it seems they are more interested in the RTR get noobs involved mindset. Its not hard to see the comp scene is going downhill by reviewing attendance numbers so the bean counters may of suggested reaching new target markets with new products for the companies longevity.
Disturbing, to say the least.
DiggyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I'm Hopeing to see a pro kit in the future but it disgusts me that I paid 300.00 price tag when they came out, now a days I think twice when there is a new release comes out, but sometimes the addiction over takes !!
ebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #8
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebomb View Post
I'm Hopeing to see a pro kit in the future but it disgusts me that I paid 300.00 price tag when they came out, now a days I think twice when there is a new release comes out, but sometimes the addiction over takes !!

And that kids is why you never buy the first model year new vehicle.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilatus turbo View Post
Hi guys,

No complaining, but I have seen the xr10 price dropped all the way to like $129.99.. Is this crawler going to be discontinued?? or what??

Anyone??

Regards,
Hector
where can you find the XR10 for 129.99???
mnypit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnypit71 View Post
Tower hobbies has it for $139 with free shipping then the $20 promo makes it $120 shipped.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #11

thanks a lot, trying to find christmas gifts and need all the help with saving money i can get, thanks again
mnypit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Attendance will be improving with the addition of a real 2.2 Shaft class IMO. Never under estimate the 2.2 Shafty's ability to attract new members.

As far as the kit goes it's a screaming bargain at these prices.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Attendance will be improving with the addition of a real 2.2 Shaft class IMO. Never under estimate the 2.2 Shafty's ability to attract new members.

Im glad they are making sporty a national class. My first experiences in this hobby was watching benders AX10 build thread and videos. The shafty class will always have a place in my heart.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post

Quote:
Im glad they are making sporty a national class. My first experiences in this hobby was watching benders AX10 build thread and videos. The shafty class will always have a place in my heart.
Where is this infomation found. I'd like to read what's going on.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Where is this infomation found. I'd like to read what's going on.
x2. Ive been seeing people building some pretty cool and very capable shafty rigs for a class I can't find any info about. Who know's what, spill the beans.
Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

I think after all the hype, and months of rumors, then getting a crawler that needs a few hundred dollars worth of up grades to make it as durrable as other MOA rigs. At that point I think they realized that if they didn't lower the price, they wouldn't be selling any kits. At the price where it is now, this is a great way for someone to get started with an MOA set up and upgrade it as they like.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKXJ 96 View Post
I think after all the hype, and months of rumors, then getting a crawler that needs a few hundred dollars worth of up grades to make it as durrable as other MOA rigs. At that point I think they realized that if they didn't lower the price, they wouldn't be selling any kits. At the price where it is now, this is a great way for someone to get started with an MOA set up and upgrade it as they like.
so you're saying the berg doesn't need several hundred dollars to be durable? HAH
T3rry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rry View Post
so you're saying the berg doesn't need several hundred dollars to be durable? HAH
that may be true but there much more durable out of the box vs xr 10 my opnion
superduty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnypit71 View Post
I seen one in the for sale section for $129 NIB
if your intrested
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #20

I just recieved my xr10.....
I wanted to have one and it is hard to pass up....

didn't purchase tires....

Hotbodies rover rockcrawlers any good??

ANy suggestions???
kochj is offline   Reply With Quote