Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Krawl's "SECRET AGENT" turned "DOUBLE AGENT"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Krawl's "SECRET AGENT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
It's not a new theory by any means.... But actually getting it accomplished and within a tenth of an ounce per corner difference, left to right, has made it feel really balanced.
Is that rtr with a battery? Did you have to add or subtract weight at any corner to achieve this, if so where and how much?
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Is that rtr with a battery? Did you have to add or subtract weight at any corner to achieve this, if so where and how much?
Yes rtr with the battery.

The xr is incredibly balanced already. Paying good attention to individual wheel and tire weights is key.

Hope that answered it...
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yes rtr with the battery.

The xr is incredibly balanced already. Paying good attention to individual wheel and tire weights is key.

Hope that answered it...
This is the main reason i run the batt on the axle. I have gone back and forth with the batt in the chassis and on the axle. With the batt on one side and the servo on the other it seems to balance out the front axle really well.
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:14 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
This is the main reason i run the batt on the axle. I have gone back and forth with the batt in the chassis and on the axle. With the batt on one side and the servo on the other it seems to balance out the front axle really well.
This is a large part of it..
Old 12-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #105
RCC Addict

Have you noticed with this chassis if you need more or less front weight bias than a 50/50 chassis?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Have you noticed with this chassis if you need more or less front weight bias than a 50/50 chassis?
I have always run this forward bias/link setup so I haven't noticed it.

Coming from a 50/50 chassis I would say yes. The rear has more leverage and the front will react faster.
I think since I filmed the videos the best improvement has been spacing the upper link up. It settled it down a bit especially at the 3.25/3.5 belly.

I will have to double check but, if I remember correctly, I am in the 20-24 oz difference F/r
Old 12-30-2011, 10:39 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Coming from a 50/50 chassis I would say yes. The rear has more leverage and the front will react faster.
I think since I filmed the videos the best improvement has been spacing the upper link up. It settled it down a bit especially at the 3.25/3.5 belly.

I will have to double check but, if I remember correctly, I am in the 20-24 oz difference F/r
It settled what down a bit? I have been having allot of fun (since getting the rear VP mount) trying the different link positions and seeing how much of a difference each change makes. Is your really light back half why so much seperation of the links at the axle works?
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
It settled what down a bit? I have been having allot of fun (since getting the rear VP mount) trying the different link positions and seeing how much of a difference each change makes. Is your really light back half why so much seperation of the links at the axle works?
With the upper links being level the truck feels more neutral and doesn't lift and squat the chassis as much.

Also remember that I have always run the rear lower links at the shock mount in the rear...not at the standard mount so the separation is not what you think...probably the same as yours but level uppers at a really high belly.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #109
RCC Addict

Quote:

I read this and was thinking, "Crap, that is a lot of weight bias." So i weighed mine and i am 18 oz heavier in the front.

Do you sell those springs yet?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:10 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I read this and was thinking, "Crap, that is a lot of weight bias." So i weighed mine and i am 18 oz heavier in the front.

Do you sell those springs yet?
It's only a lot if you are on the "project runway anorexia squad"

What springs?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:18 PM   #111
RCC Addict

The springs you are running? I thought i read somewhere that you might start selling them? Aren't they softer than losi golds and axial blacks. With the shocks shortened i think i need shorter springs as the losi and axial springs have to much preload and i have the collars all of the way up.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The springs you are running? I thought i read somewhere that you might start selling them? Aren't they softer than losi golds and axial blacks. With the shocks shortened i think i need shorter springs as the losi and axial springs have to much preload and i have the collars all of the way up.
I don't sell them but the rockforce springs are soft and come in a shorter and longer lenghth...64mm and 76mm, I think
Maybe one of the guys will chime in with a part number for you.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:39 AM   #113
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
I've noticed a lot of XR's like to lift tires in off camber situations with less seperation of the links. Trying to dig uphill would cause the outside tire to bite hard, lift the inside tire and flip the car over. Ledges were the same, hook with one tire and the whole axle would overpower the servo and twist up throwing you off the line. Going to the VP link towers all but eliminated these traits on my V4, but the higher belly clearance of Secret Agent needs more link seperation for the same effect.

Quote:
It's only a lot if you are on the "project runway anorexia squad"
Light cars do some amazing things, but heavy cars are easier to drive in comp senarios.

Quote:
I don't sell them but the rockforce springs are soft and come in a shorter and longer lenghth...64mm and 76mm, I think
Maybe one of the guys will chime in with a part number for you.
The rock force springs are .9lb/in or 1.0lb/in, I can't remember. They are a few mm larger diameter than Losi or Axial springs, so some spring cups may not hold them.

76mm springs- Kyosho Shock Spring (16:1.0/L=76) (2) [KYORF014-1610] | RC Cars & Trucks - A Main Hobbies

64mm springs- Kyosho Shock Spring (12-1.0/L=64) (2) [KYORF013-1210] | RC Cars & Trucks - A Main Hobbies
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:14 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Casey
Old 12-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #115
RCC Addict

Thanks

Do you guys have any experience with these?
https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrc-li...10-p-3784.html
Old 12-31-2011, 09:19 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

I really like what you have here with this chassie, what was the starting length of your links?
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:36 PM   #117
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
I really like what you have here with this chassie, what was the starting length of your links?
Page 1, Post #3
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:12 AM   #118
Pebble Pounder

has anyone tried putting the bj4 cab on one yet?
undivided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Almighty Malach, but the way I read the post the measurements given are for the links after they are bent. Does anyone else read it that way? Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to order one of these.

Last edited by CODYBOY; 01-01-2012 at 08:45 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:07 AM   #120
Pebble Pounder

got mine last week and ran it friday at the local comp "Teds Garage" and it ran great first round.Was a little soft so changed springs second round was a perfect run. A lot of fun , thanks for the all the chassis
newbe5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carbon fiber ftw, excellent machining, fanny packs rule!, purple baw sax, rc-trim, s.i.s.u** brood, smw, y-town crawlers

Krawl's "SECRET AGENT" turned "DOUBLE AGENT" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Secret Agent in Boston BC-Brian Axial XR10 21 01-16-2013 12:10 AM
My Secret Agent 3.5 luxenberg Videos! 7 11-13-2012 05:42 PM
Jakesy's Secret Agent 3.5 jakesy Axial XR10 76 06-16-2012 08:09 AM