RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial XR10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/)
-   -   Wiring Diagram for Punk Dig and BEC (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/368657-wiring-diagram-punk-dig-bec.html)

cpercival 02-25-2012 01:54 PM

Wiring Diagram for Punk Dig and BEC

1 Attachment(s)
I drew this to help me wire everything in my XR10 correctly and figured it might help others. Here's my setup, but I suppose the diagram would be fairly universal:

Castle Creations 10 Amp BEC
Tekin FX-R ESC
Punk Dig Unit
Spektrum SR300 Receiver
Hitec HS-7954SH Servo at 7.4V
3S Lipo

articzap 02-25-2012 01:59 PM

Re: Wiring Diagram for Punk Dig and BEC

You can defiantly do it like that. First I'd wire BEC into power on the other side of the connector, so you can take the battery out of the truck, lol. You also might need to reverse a motor's wiring. I can't remember that part. Otherwise looks good.

slagburn 02-25-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by articzap (Post 3590986)
You can defiantly do it like that. First I'd wire BEC into power on the other side of the connector, so you can take the battery out of the truck, lol. You also might need to reverse a motor's wiring. I can't remember that part. Otherwise looks good.

Defiantly? What if he wanted to do it without defying anything? The word is definitely. :)

That's how mine's wired.

articzap 02-25-2012 02:08 PM

Sorry I can't spell.

rjsl59 02-25-2012 02:38 PM

look's good, I wired my bec on the other side of the plug and i ran a ground from the receiver and spliced it into the ground going into the servo, I had a bit of a glitching problem and that seemed to cure it.

cpercival 02-25-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

First I'd wire BEC into power on the other side of the connector, so you can take the battery out of the truck, lol.
You mean you don't have a BEC for each battery you own?;-)
Nice catch. Hopefully, I would have caught that myself.

Quote:

Defiantly? What if he wanted to do it without defying anything?The word is definitely. :)
Actually, I believe wiring it the way I had it would be defying common sense and logic, so I believe he used the word correctly. "thumbsup"

Quote:

You also might need to reverse a motor's wiring. I can't remember that part.
I think I got that part right. Positive lead going to negative post on rear motor. Sound right?

Quote:

i ran a ground from the receiver and spliced it into the ground going into the servo
Interesting. Think it's worth doing right from the start?

articzap 02-25-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpercival (Post 3591160)
I think I got that part right. Positive lead going to negative post on rear motor. Sound right?

You did. "thumbsup" I totally missed it.

rjsl59 02-25-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:
i ran a ground from the receiver and spliced it into the ground going into the servo

Interesting. Think it's worth doing right from the start?

I don't know but couldn't hurt, the rx is made to work with all the connections so must be there for a reason I would say. I got a servo extension and took the red power wire out and wired it the way you did but I just added the ground after the male plug of the servo and it cleared the glitch up for me. I may have had a bad connection before and reworking it could have fixed it idk, lol probably just got lucky.

cpercival 02-25-2012 07:37 PM

Ok, now I'm wondering if you would even need the ground going to the BEC if you did it that way. Just have the positive lead from the BEC.

Anyone?

rjsl59 02-25-2012 08:04 PM

yes you still need that ground to, here is the easiest thing to get

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendo...s-adapter.html

cpercival 02-25-2012 08:58 PM

I edited the diagram. I like that little adapter. I was already trying to figure out how to wire the ground cleanly and this little guy looks like it should do the trick. Thanks for the help. I think I also may eliminate the ESC switch. I really want to make the electronics install as clean as I can. Don't think I want to go as far as eliminating connectors though.

papafogle 04-21-2012 11:20 AM

Hi there i have a xr10 with a fxr and a punkdig with a pl radio works great forward but when i go backward it dont go all the time.What iam i doing wrong this is all new stuff.thanks:x