Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Stance,,,,front and rear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Stance,,,,front and rear

I was just wondering how wide people were setting up there rigs for comps,,,trying to find a happy medium!!
I went and reconfigured my wheels which allowed me to increase my steering, substantially I might add, so now the width in front is at 11 3/4 and I have my rear set up 9 3/4. Will be running this way for a bit to see how I like it!
Was just wondering how wide others were running and why??
I went wider in front for stability and turning, and I like it narrow in the rear,,,figured I could use all the help I can get, to progress the gate!! Is this logical, am I to wide, are there benefits to running the narrow rear other then the reason I gave and will it hinder performance or driving characteristics running a 2 inch difference between front and rear ??

Currently I run a Mantis chassis, not sure the chassis would make a difference, but that is what I'm currently running, I know the torsion is a different animal and wondered if there was any pro's / con's to this configuration on a torsion chassis compared to a full sprung chassis??

Again,,,any help/advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Mike
mgauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Stance,,,,front and rear

good post because i was wondering if there is a width restriction in comps? Or, is it just a matter of fitting between the gates? How wide are the gates BTW? I'm running super wide right now because i have my hubs and SLW's that i ran on my losi (750 and 825 hubs). It's super wide but it feels really stable.
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I too am running the mantis! I tried the wide front and narrow rear. Was not a fan.

I am currently running the VP DH II wheels front and back. I have the 585 hub up front and the 710 in the rear. That stance is really working for me.

The problem I was having was the narrow rear was not allowing me to side hill very well. Just wasn't wide enough to help with the stance. But hey each to thier own. Find a setup you like and go with it. If you dont like it, you can always change it! If your comping, just make sure that your within regulations.

Give the mantis some time. I am really enjoying this thing!

**Edit- track width is 11 3/4 up front and 11 in the rear.

Last edited by KnoJa; 02-27-2012 at 12:38 PM.
KnoJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoJa View Post
If your comping, just make sure that your within regulations.

**Edit- track width is 11 3/4 up front and 11 in the rear.

That's what i was wondering, what is regulation? Is it 11 3/4"?
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Like KonJa said every one has there set up they like, The type of rock you crawl on will all so make a difference, the type of rock I crawl on and the clubs in my area set minimum width gates 16 in apart, so with all of this you want to stay under 11 in wide front and rear and most of us set the rear just under the front.

this is out side of tire not wheel
My XR 10.75 wide in the front and 10.5 in the rear but with that said I all so run a Narrowed Tire so I get my steering back and I run a .7 Delux wheel all of this changes how Narrow I can be and still have my steering and still side hill good.

Good luck and keep playing with it you will find something that works for you.
jacobflyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

12.5 max Track width.
jacobflyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the replies all,,,yes,,,12.5 is max!! Before I made this change I was 10.5 in front,,,never really had a issue with side hills, chassis is working pretty good and I plan on running it this year, to make sure I give it a chance!!
So I increased my front 1 1/4 inches, also went from a 1" rim in front to a 1.25 inch rim. I have increased my turning radius 10 fold from before so I'm excited to comp with it like this!! I'm also running the new CI inner foams, have yet to try them so this is going to be a big change. These foams are crazy hard and I'm excited to see how they do, I run pins so that is the reason I went up to a 1.25 rim in front!!
Anyway,,thanks again for the replies,,,glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking about this!!

Mike
mgauger is offline   Reply With Quote

Stance,,,,front and rear - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hub extenders for wider front stance snail78 RC4WD Bully 5 03-04-2011 08:15 AM
wider stance from a spacer up front?? 53 willys RC4WD Bully 40 01-18-2010 11:05 PM
Would I need 2 sets of rear wheels or 1 set of rear and 1 set of front?!? FFRCJosh Tires and Wheels 10 03-01-2006 08:19 PM