Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: esc ?s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #1

Default esc ?s

I have just put my first xr10 together and i was going to run two fxr speedos , but if i buy a punk dig do i have to run two esc or just one . i have not purchased any motors or speedos just want to make sure that i understand before buyin. Thanks to anyone that can help.
goinapesheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: esc ?s

depends on what radio you have, if you have a 4pl or a gt3b thats hacked then def get the two esc's, if you dont have either radio then one esc and a punk or heyok will be just fine but then you don't have the proportional controll.
rjsl59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Punk and one esc. 2 esc's, then no need for a punk. But you have to have at least 3 channel remote for the punk and a 4 channel remote for the duel esc's.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'm running two fxr and a wantasumit porportional on my xr with my dx3r remote and in the short time I've been working with it I have grown to like it. Just another option of you have a remote that is only 3 chan
gerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
Punk and one ESC. 2 ESC's, then no need for a punk. But you have to have at least 3 channel remote for the punk and a 4 channel remote for the dual ESC's.
Basically correct, certain 3 channel radios work with dig units (PunkDig or servo dig).
Certain 3 channel radios work with the WantAmix to run dual ESC's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerr View Post
I'm running two FX-R's and a wantasummit proportional on my XR with my dx3r remote and in the short time I've been working with it I have grown to like it. Just another option of you have a remote that is only 3 chan
+1, I'm running a Futaba 3PM-x and a WantAmix to run dual FX-R's in my 2.2 Bully. The advantage is that this gives proportional mixing which a PunkDig or servo dig won't.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:40 AM   #6

i have a dx3s . where is the best place to pick up the esc and the dig units? thanks agian to everyone that answered
goinapesheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinapesheet View Post
I have a dx3s, where is the best place to pick up the ESC and the dig units? Thanks again to everyone that answered
There are a few vendors here that sell the FX-R, I use either the classifieds here or Tower Hobbies.
The FX-R is small, but I like the CC better for a number of reasons.

As to the PunkDig.....I can't really recommend it, search here a bit to see why. Some are item/design issues, the rest is service or support.
Your money, your choice.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
D-Wray 4 Prez!

I like both options. Currently I'm running a punk dig with a FX-R due to money. But I have had great luck with the punk dig, but when I have the money I will going to duel esc's.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

if you can find them the used fxr's go for a pretty penny so you might as well buy new and get the whole package. I love my FXR's easy to program with the hotwire and easy to adjust on the go with the on board buttons.

As for The punk dig, I bought mine used. It was a older one and barely used but it was BIG and hard to package on my chassis with the fxr and receiver. From what I understand the new ones are smaller and work a little differently.

I buy most my parts from CKRC and Amainhobbies
gerr is offline   Reply With Quote

esc ?s - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which ESC Brake/Reverse Type Setting on my Mamba Max ESC? b00st3d Venom Creeper 3 01-24-2010 04:34 PM
RX pack & ESC, remove the red wire or leave the ESC switch off BenW Electronics 5 02-23-2005 06:25 PM