Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Rear axle lag trouble

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation Rear axle lag trouble

Okay I've searched for hours and can't find a fix to this, I just got a dual fxr setup in my crawler along with a futaba 4pl radio and when I give it barely any throttle at all the front will spin according to my throttle I'm giving it but the rear won't start spinning till I give it over 1/4 throttle. It acts as if the rear isn't getting power and that's why I switched from a dig unit to the dual fxr esc and 4pl radio, it just seems like the rear is in dig mode and won't get out till I give it enough throttle, btw I'm running a 950 mah 3s. And I have both speed controls set up the same and the drag brake are at 100%. Thanks tons guys I'm stuck scratching my head!
XJkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Rear axle lag trouble

you searched for hours but i bet you didnt spend any time through the 4pl menu.
whats the front esc under? ch 2? rear is on ch4? under throttle menu- throttle 1, there is subtrim you can balance out the drive. make sure your epa is set to 120 when you do the mixing. whats rear bias set to? fwiw when its all the way turned up it will be 20 clicks more than the other, or the opposite.. spend some time in the menu and it will be good to go. not that hard. you just need to check all the settings and tinker with it
norcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcrawler View Post
you searched for hours but i bet you didnt spend any time through the 4pl menu.
whats the front esc under? ch 2? rear is on ch4? under throttle menu- throttle 1, there is subtrim you can balance out the drive. make sure your epa is set to 120 when you do the mixing. whats rear bias set to? fwiw when its all the way turned up it will be 20 clicks more than the other, or the opposite.. spend some time in the menu and it will be good to go. not that hard. you just need to check all the settings and tinker with it
Thanks I just didn't want to screw anything up in the menu on the remote...looks crazy at first but I'll mess with it and give myself a bigger headache
Old 04-10-2012, 02:10 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I'm guessing you calibrated both ESC's to the RX??
Did you try swapping motors to see if it's a motor issue?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

When mine did that it was a shorted armature.
slagburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

My fxr's did that to me originally. It ended up being that the rear esc wouldnt take the hotwire reflash and had some huge neutral width in it (bough from LHS, who knows what they did with it). After doing a complete reset on the receiver and esc's with the controller set exactly where I wanted it, everything worked out. To fine tune the f/r matching, I ended up adjusting the ch3 subtrim +3 to get even drive power out of them at no load. This is with a 4PK.
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Had the same issue ended up having to update the software in my rear fxr to match the version in front and walla perfection.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2
gerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:44 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Well I'm subscribing to this thread because there's some really useful info here from guys who have sorted the problem in different ways
ManxCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I went and messed with my EPA on my remote and got it dialed in perfect I think, it's been crappy weather so I haven't been able to really test it out yet but inside it does good with and without a load on it

Rear axle lag trouble - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axle Trouble vicsjeep Venom Creeper 8 01-29-2012 08:42 PM
help trouble shoot loss of power to rear wheels 501 Team Losi Comp Crawler 9 01-18-2011 10:46 PM
Front Axle Trouble Rooney7783 General Crawlers 5 09-30-2005 08:35 PM