Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Front end not pulling, well sometimes.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

It always works when I plug my batt directly to the motor which has a micro deans connector on it. Should it still work if the arm was shorted? I'm not at home where my multi meter is at but will check it then. I pulled it apart last night and didn't see anything that looked burnt or discolored besides the comm which needed to be turned when I got them and even then it isn't horrible

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
irokcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Front end not pulling, well sometimes.

I met up with Joe (hbj069) yesterday evening and he checked them out and nothing was wrong with them. He did put some new brushes in them and put them on the dyno and the motors kept pulling hard with full resistance from the dyno. It doesn't seem to be doing acting up now. I have tried to re-create it as many times as possible and they just keep pulling. The only thing I can think of is the pinion was spinning however it was tight as shit when I pulled it apart and lined up properly; the other thing is maybe they are pulling to much for the Castle sidewinder micro's. I forget what Joe said it was pulling but it was close to 20amps or so when the dyno had a full load on it if I recall correctly. I'm going to run it HARD tonight and see if it acts up any, if so I will put the micro mamba pro's back in and see if that helps some. I ran it a little bit last night after I adjusted the timing and changed to 15t pinions and all I can say is WOW. Insane amounts of tq and great wheel speed with the 15t pinions in there. Freaking awesome motors ! Eddie0, what would they be compared to now that you sell; as I know they are a few years old? These were the motors I ask you about a few weeks ago and sent some pics over.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Kinda after the fact but i wonder if your gear mesh was tight on one motor. That can act funny also.
losiking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I ran it hard last night and it started doing it again. I didnt get the micro mamba pro's in there until ~1am but took it out and ran it for a little bit and it seems to work fine now. If anything the gear mesh was set up on the light side. Both speed controllers were changed and ALL wiring besides the servo wires.

I know yesterday when it started to act up I grabbed the front tired and I could hold them in place, smoke started coming from on of the ESC's or connections so I stopped then. There is no way in hell I can hold these motors by hand now so that leads me to believe that the ESC's could not take what those motors were pulling after being ran for a while wide open. The only cool down was to put a new batt in it. I probably ran 3 batts through it and it started messing up on the middle of the second batt (450mah 3s). I'm going to do the same to day and run the piss out of them and see if anything makes smoke. If so I will put my other motors back in and see what they do, they are still great HH handwounds with a good bit more wheelspeed but not as much tq as these brood motors have.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:11 AM   #25
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Swap the endbells between the motors, that will wake up the TorqueMasters. They use Standup brushes, wheras your other motors probably use laydowns.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Swap the endbells between the motors, that will wake up the TorqueMasters. They use Standup brushes, wheras your other motors probably use laydowns.
Im sure there is a way to change the bearings between the two but would they be the same? The Brood motors have ceramic bearing in them and are super smooth. Would I have any benefit of putting the HH endbells on the Brood motors if everything works properly today after running the piss out of them?
Old 07-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #27
RCC Addict

STOP!
go crawl and have fun!!
the rig at this point is well beyond your driving capabilities!!
learn that throttle control we discussed, this aint racing its crawling....
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
STOP!
go crawl and have fun!!
the rig at this point is well beyond your driving capabilities!!
learn that throttle control we discussed, this aint racing its crawling....
lol. As we talked about I cant leave shit alone. It has to be the best and then I will learn. However it has every thing on it I need now as long as the issues go away. I changed the throttle curve a little so the first little bit of the pull inst so fast which means I have a good bit of room to pull the trigger before all hell break loose. I also turned my drag break on the front down a little so it will roll a little when I let of the throttle, the rear locks up so it helps to plant the rig just like dig sucks the rear shocks down, that seams to have helped. I'm ready to crawl now! Hopefully I will see you this weekend!

Last edited by irokcrawl; 07-27-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

That is if the wife lets me out of the house. I have been working this week so I haven't really been able to spend as much time with her and Isabella as I would like to have because of all the other stuff that I told you about.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #30
RCC Addict

board, sand paper, glue.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Wow , I am changing your theme song from smoke on the crawler to oops he did it again!!!!,!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Well the mamba micro pros did the trick until I went to change some setting via the castle link(drag brake). I hooked the batt up and as instructed by castle and poof. Me and escs are not getting along these days. Joe is going to pick the rig up tomorrow before I beat the shit out of the electronics, he is going to get the sidewinders back up and running until I order or send back the mamba micro pros for warranty . As inpatient as I am I will probably have another set of mamba micro pros overnighted so I can have some fun and quit worrying about changing so many things at once and get some practice in for the lcq event

Front end not pulling, well sometimes. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
front end norcaljeep General Crawlers 2 05-19-2006 03:54 PM
Front end not pulling, possible belt problem robert97dodge General Crawlers 6 09-14-2005 05:59 PM