Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: XR Fastback build, the OG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default XR Fastback build, the OG

hey guys, figured id post this here too.
i picked up a FB chassis early in the spring, and built it with ax10 axles and the works. awsome sporty rig, performance was off the wall. it was torn down since i didnt need a unlimited comp rig and a sporty rig so the fastback chassis sat on the shelf. about a week ago, i was staring at it and thougt how close is it to te xr link setup? as it turnes out it was pretty close, but te chassis was too wide. sooooo... out came the measuring stick and i went to work.
i trimmed 1/4 of an inch out of the chassis making it just a hair more narrow then the stock xr chassis, and blam.. all the links started to line up. i drilled and countersuk some mounting holes in the skid to mount the electronics tray from the xr, flipped it, chopped the reciever box and made a decent batt tray. took er out and it worked really good. after a few break in runs i did a wb measurent and found that the wb was not comp legal, now, i know whe are not to big on " rules" around these parts but it did bother me strangly enough so with some new vanquish parts from the local dealer i went to work. moved some links and shock positions and now i was sitting at the proper wb and had pulled the 60/40 bias ( which is what the FB needs to be run at) i took it outside after the rebuild and hit the hardest line in the Yard, ( the peak) and i stomped it in the dark. now this thing really is a killer rig. still need to clean up some wires and do some small touches, but as for now i could not be more impressed with this build.
on to some pics

ax10newguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

XR Fastback build, the OG - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fastback II build 2006Shelby Axial AX-10 Scorpion 108 04-08-2012 10:28 PM
fastback II build question 530xCrawler Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 02-29-2012 01:42 PM
Another UGC FASTBACK 2 build Eric Perez Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 01-20-2012 08:39 PM
brplatz's Fastback II Build Brplatz Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 04-30-2011 02:14 PM
My Fastback build JustinThyme Axial AX-10 Scorpion 74 01-01-2011 05:22 PM