Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Little Help with Novak stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 01:05 AM   #1

Default Little Help with Novak stuff

hey guys, well i recently bought a used xr10 and have been doing some work to it, well now im trying to figure this Dig stuff out. heres the electronics ive got:

Novak M2 Dig System
Terra Claw Motors
Spektrum DX3 Remote
RS300 Receiver

how do i hook everything between the receiver and speed controller so that dig can be controlled on my remote, or do i need a different receiver? i was looking at it and going through remote settings but couldnt really figure anything out and i never got email response back from Novak.

Thanks everyone!
SoCalDevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 05:59 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Little Help with Novak stuff

I hate to say this but I remember that the M2 manual explained everything quite clearly. Read that and if you don't have it then download it from Novak's site.

It is the easiest setup to install. You do need a radio with a 3rd channel 3 position switch. The Spektrum DX3R has that and the M2 is optimized to use this radio.

If in doubt write to Charlie (search M2 threads), he may be able to help.

Basically one receiver lead goes from the M2 to channel 2 on the RX for the front motor and the rear lead goes to channel 3. Steering is still channel 1. And that is it in a nut shell.

This is all explained in great detail in the manual. Also get the manual for the radio to learn how to set up a 3POS on channel 3.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:40 AM   #3

thank u for the reply, i should have mentioned that in my first post, i have no manual for anything haha. the novak one that they send me (email link) wouldnt work, i have never been able to go on their website and they have not responded to my help, and for my controller i downloaded a manual from the site but i couldnt find my exact one, im going to go back over it all now though and c what i can find

if i had the manuals before hand this would have been no problem, but thats why ive turned to here
Old 09-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDevyn View Post
thank u for the reply, i should have mentioned that in my first post, i have no manual for anything haha. the novak one that they send me (email link) wouldnt work, i have never been able to go on their website and they have not responded to my help, and for my controller i downloaded a manual from the site but i couldnt find my exact one, im going to go back over it all now though and c what i can find

if i had the manuals before hand this would have been no problem, but thats why ive turned to here
here we go:

M2 Dig Dual Brush ESC
nicodrive01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #5

thank u for that link but i still cant load, its the same problem i have always had, i cant get on their site at all. computer attempts to load but fail everytime
Old 09-01-2012, 01:53 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Are you using an external bec?

Are you using 2s or 3s?

Edit: sorry just read your sig and you are using 3s.

You will need to run an ext bec I believe and then you will need to use the 2 wire (black and white) receiver wire.

Last edited by Abrown83; 09-01-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Abrown83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDevyn View Post
thank u for that link but i still cant load, its the same problem i have always had, i cant get on their site at all. computer attempts to load but fail everytime
I'm sorry that I assumed you had a decent computer since you were posting on an internet blog site. You need to download Adobe PDF Reader to open those files. Are you in Spain or California?

It seems that your best and only options are to find someone that either has or is familiar with the M2 and your radio, find a hobby shop with people who know something or keep trying things until you accidentally hit it right.

BTW the early M2s had compatibilty problems with CC BECs and Novak was swapping out new mother boards to fix the issue.

Wish you the best of luck.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

The M2 is actually really easy to set up & you should have zero issues running it with the DX3R.

Shoot me your address & I can send you an M2 manual that I have laying around. Or if you're not doing anything Sat Sept 8th...the local So Cal club WCRCC is having a comp in Apple Valley...here's the link.

West Coast RC Crawlers

It's just a fun play comp, no entry fees etc. This would be a GREAT way for you to learn some crawlin tips & I'll get your M2 setup for you.

If ya can't make it...just let me know & shoot me your addy & I'll get that manual out ASAP.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Ok so we can try it that way:

Basic Setup Guide page 1:

Basic Setup Guide page 2:

Field programming Guide page 1:

Field Setup guide page 2:

Hope that helps...
nicodrive01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #10
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Nice Dani. Aint Chaotic drivers just the coolest?
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #11

thank you everything for the replys and posting all those photos up for me, i printed them all out and spend some time in the garage and i still cant get it, set the mode and all that through the setup button on esc but still i can figure the remote out properly and i think thats the issue, figuring out what option on the remote is set to control the dig

so heres a few photos i snapped when i was looking at my rig, i wanna check everything on the computer by plugging my esc in, will a castle creations cable work for the novak stuff?

when i was looking at it i found that the wire sets between the esc and receiver, the middle red + wire is not used, its just hanging out there, is that correct?

is the blue shrink wrapped item a BEC?

thank u guys!

let me kno if something doesnt look wired or run right

Last edited by SoCalDevyn; 09-09-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

No the castle cable will not work with the Novak stuff, and I wouldn't recommend hooking it up to a computer anyways. I know that when anyone tried to do some sort of updating to it the m2 would burn up, stick to the manual programming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

If you have an external BEC plugged into the RX, the red wire from the ESC to the RX MUST be removed, thus, your setup is OK.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Hi,
i'm run the M2 on my RS10 DXR3C with SR3100 spektrum receiver novak bec and 3s
the bind on the SR300 is only for bind not for Bat. it dont work for me .
hope that help
OLI972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Little Help with Novak stuff - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Novak stuff. miller Electronics 20 11-14-2009 11:37 PM
Novak stuff anygood???? rcjeepbuilder Chit Chat 21 05-30-2008 11:40 AM