Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: wanting a winner.. Xr-10 build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: wanting a winner.. Xr-10 build thread

Thanks guys, its right at 12.5" wheel base.. I'm not so sure this is an original bj chassis... Too hand done... Tho it looks dam good with the links on it!
On its way!

Once I got it this far, I couldn't really stop.. so it ended up wired an running on the rocks around 330a.m...no pics tho... LOL

I didn't like the ride height as it sat,, also wanted to get use to the new setup, so I got scx-10 shocks up front with 35wt oil an proline scale powerstroke springs.. ill let ya know how that goes..

Not a fan of the front axle rolled forward, but its what I had to work with for link placement..

Flex shot, It's a 6" chunk of brass.. a little more flex then I'm goin for, with big bores in the back yet, it will do do now..

Got my RR axle and motor battery/electronics plates ordered, my jeepindoug mini cups, and 2x steel pinions..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Was a little unhappy bout my 7950 bein out in the open an unprotected.. so got to doin what I do.. It's all protected now..

Then I didn't have any washers for my screws to hold the servo on, so I made some plates as well..

Last night an today I played with a box from yesterday an did some testing with some Bc's today, they did ok in some spots an great in others.. I'm goin to rotate the front to back an test them that way as well.. still have stock foams in them, but I got them for 6$ shipping so no harm no foul.. they are silver compound.. I have a set of reds coming with CI dd foams as well, so I'm looking forward to testing them too..

Chaotic switch chassis should be here mid next week, so real fun will start then!
Hope I can get it dialed in for Crawltober fest on the 27th! Then again there is some great stuff in here for general setup an switch setup, which I have most of ready to go, so I'm confident ill be ready!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Lookin sick Troy...

If you have tried texting me lately my phone needs refilled

Im diggin the build man. Now that winter is arriving..I am getting VERY anxious for the rebuild of my XR to all the cool kid parts. Ill have to check out Crawltoberfest.
Hildy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Holy, what's up stranger! Good to know ur still alive!

Why upgrade a first place takin rig? Ya bum... Haha... You better check out Crawltober fest, since ya dont know how to show up at the last comp! Better post up ur build on ur rebuild. An tell ur girl to stop messing with ur phone.. I have to get a hold of ya now to do some crawling since I stepped up from the shafty.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Got to love days like this! Mail lady showing me aimed love today...

Well, I have been testing the silver Bc's.. not a big fan, tho they had stock foams, maybe the issue..?

Anywho, I got reds today with CI dd foams for testing now, Jeepindoug cups for mini springs on my scx-10 shocks. Have aluminum shock bodies on there way as well..
So other then a mt-4 an dual esc, I have everything ready for my switch chassis to get here... I'm ready to crawl an hope I'm ready with the, Switch, by the 27th...
Old 10-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Got to love days like this! Mail lady showing me aimed love today...

Well, I have been testing the silver Bc's.. not a big fan, tho they had stock foams, maybe the issue..?

Anywho, I got reds today with CI dd foams for testing now, Jeepindoug cups for mini springs on my scx-10 shocks. Have aluminum shock bodies on there way as well..
So other then a mt-4 an dual esc, I have everything ready for my switch chassis to get here... I'm ready to crawl an hope I'm ready with the, Switch, by the 27th...
Where did you order the shock bodies from?? Everyplace I looked at they were out.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Shhhh.... John.. I can't tell you that I was on the vendor section for whoever sells the delrin shock bodies? An sent a pm to a happy customer that switched to the delrin from the aluminum...
Did a little thinking out of the box is all...
Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #48
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Did a little thinking out of the box is all...
HAHA I do that all the time... You see someones switching something so you ask them if they want to sell the other thing Works pretty well a lot of times
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Carbon servo protector looks really good man. I am glad i could help
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #50
RCC Addict

Way to be "creative" getting what you need.

Looking forward to the Switch build.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Everyone needs someone to bounce ideas with Christian! Thanks..

Thanks paystin.. I like it! An have more to go with the switch goin on... I went with the delrin chassis.. I love the look of CF an The function of it. So why hide it under panels!.. I'm goin with CF panels an roof, to go with the wheels an servo guard..
Old 10-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Your gonna love your new "Switch" chassis... I was excited to get mine... stalking its every move all the way to its new home...lol.. Have you decided which way your facing the cab?
D19er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

The only way it should be facing! High bump forward.... Hahaha..

I'm not goin to track it.. it will kill me at work all day tomm at work.. if I know It's at home, ill want to be home as well!

New stuff mounted.. got the Jeepindoug cups on the scx-10 shocks today an my silver mrc springs on, mounted in all 4 corners now. Mounted the RR axle top battery mount. Will mount the motor electronics mount on when the Switch is on...

Then, since they don't make a smaller full battery mount, an I wasn't found of the plain mount.. I did some work to the faced RR mount for my 450mah batteries... Sorry RR but I ran it today an like it!

Holds the battery very nicel!
Then a hard roll an a flop...

Not so bad tho, I moved the front shocks back a hole an the delrin support behind the shocks to finish out the day.. it worked very nice! It may be a setup ill shoot for with the Switch..

Last edited by winnerone23; 10-16-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

That sucks that the chassis snapped... any update on the "Switch" chassis

Last edited by D19er; 10-17-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Well, I showed up home an the mail lady was coming down the road an nothing was on the porch, so I Was waiting for her to stop, but she kept driving.. then I walked in the house an mail was there........... No chassis. :(
But... I did get something from her!

So the chassis must/have to be here tomm.. I am working on red Bc's right now..

All shaved up an ready for them CI foams! Then I can get them mounted on the spare wheels an do testing..
As it stands, when I tear down for the Switch, ill be changing the front tranny case over to vp, mounting the RR motor electronics mount, aluminum scx-10 shock bodies an turning the top part of the vp rear link mount around.. then lots of pics! I also have panels to cut out an mount then.. fun fun...
Ok, back to shaving, 3rd tire bout done! Gets a little hard on the wrist after a bit..
Old 10-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Oh chit! Who had the best day walking in from work with two thumbs... This guy!

Now the fun can begin.. oh wait, I didn't get any instructions with it.. which way does the cab go.. hahahaha
Old 10-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Sweet... Glad to see you got your chassis... Looks like someone will be goin to bed late tonight...lol
Old 10-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

The cab goes the way it was meant to and designed to...slope forward. Hump forwards is for bass-ackwards people. Now get to work! Need pictures asap.

Last edited by Wicked Monkey; 10-18-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Wicked Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #59
E.Y. Designs

Cab goes Hump forward.... It looks wrong and weird the other way IMHO.... Looks great! That's the Delrin one right?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

GROSS!! Delrin? What the hell is that???

Good to see you got it.. Surely you have some pics to send me???
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big bores, fail, poop, rovers, shaved, switch, wieners

wanting a winner.. Xr-10 build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wanting a winner... build thread winnerone23 Venom Creeper 628 03-25-2014 07:40 PM
wanting a winner... mrc build thread winnerone23 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 268 02-26-2014 06:17 AM
Dual Dingo build thread-My first build thread juswin24 Axial SCX-10 205 09-19-2013 12:42 PM
T-shirt winner(s) thread Cloak General Crawlers 23 08-14-2009 08:56 PM
wanting to build a clod PONYBOY87LX Tamiya Clod Buster 5 01-25-2008 11:52 AM