Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Hittman's SMASH Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #21
E.Y. Designs

Default Re: Hittman's SWITCH build

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Don't be too mad, half my life ago, when I was ur age I only had a pager!
You had pagers back than

Quote:
Glad I was able to let you know how well my chassis worked, an that you went with the Switch an not that other thingy you thought bout getting... ;)
You mean the thingy that he did get?

Quote:
Unlike the 7950 an 7980 I tried talking you into.. *flipoff* I cant wait to test my 7980 out, now that I took the 7950 off, myself... Doin a little tear down an regrease, with some refined graphite based gear grease, an motor cleaning, before I put it all back together an the new servo on..
I talked him into a BLS157 instead of the 7980
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
Very nice rig!!! Congrats on the 2nd place finish!!!
Thank you

Quote:
Glqd I was able to let you know how well my chassis worked, an that you went with the Switch an not that other thingy you thought bout getting... ;)

Unlike the 7950 an 7980 I tried talking you into.. *flipoff* I cant wait to test my 7980 out, now that I took the 7950 off, myself... Doin a little tear down an regrease, with some refined graphite based gear grease, an motor cleaning, before I put it all back together an the new servo on..
What was I thinking about getting? I was considering alot of stuff

Yeah.. Hitec.. I just cant go down that road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
rig looks killer man an glad you like it .
marc an nick did a hell of a job on this chasis
Thank you sir. I am very happy with it. They have done an amazing job! I do have my eyes on the team edition thou... Only if I had a way to get one

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
I talked him into a BLS157 instead of the 7980
You helped me into the decision... Then my wallet talked me through the rest of it
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

ya i dont have my new chasis yet eather i cant aford it rite yet .

i have my other swith in the for sale ads but havent sold it yet
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
ya i dont have my new chasis yet eather i cant aford it rite yet .

i have my other swith in the for sale ads but havent sold it yet
The new one is nice. If I could get it, I would sell (try at least) this one in a heart beat.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

We had our second local comp of the season.. And.. Another second place finish for this rig.. All i need to do is learn how to drive the thing It far exceeds my knowledge of how to drive a pro rig. The only thing that helps me through is my knowledge of driving a course. The potential this rig has is rediculous. And i cannot wait to fully unleash it

During a practice session last week I cracked one of my wheel faces on a 30ft end over end tumble ... I contacted Tomi that same night and he replaced it without hesitation. I received the package today, and to my delight he sent me four complete faces! Once again he pulled through with awsome customer service.

Over the weekend I didnt want to have to worry about the wheel in the comp. I knew it would make it through.. but I didnt want to chance it. Sooo on went my slw's and rovers from my ax10. The rear wheels had the perfect offset for the front of the xr so thats what went on. It was a pita to change wheels from rig to rig between courses but I made it through. I do have to say that rovers up front and pins in the rear really is not a bad combo, and it gave me equal traction throughout the day

And finally! We got some video! I have to say thanks to Adam for bringing his camera.. Not the best run.. not horrible i guess... Lmk what you guys think

Oh.. if someone could embed the video.. that would be appreciated

Last edited by Hittman; 12-23-2012 at 04:33 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Looks good Christian. Keep up the drive time, those rock look grippy! Congrats on the second place finish!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Thanks man! That is definitely one of our more grippy spots.. if not the most.. You have to drive smart or you get thrown off your line
Old 11-20-2012, 04:55 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Nice Rig!!! Looks stunning
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Looks like the rig is performing well for you. Keep up the good driving!
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Nice rig you have thrown together here. It seems to work well based on the video. That is killer rock!!! Keep it up man.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by douwe View Post
Nice Rig!!! Looks stunning
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post
Looks like the rig is performing well for you. Keep up the good driving!
Its performing great! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Nice rig you have thrown together here. It seems to work well based on the video. That is killer rock!!! Keep it up man.
Its working good for me. The rock is awsome, That is one of my favorite spots to crawl for sure. Thanks man
Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Well,, I ran a couple packs through the rig this weekend and I must say it is running cherry right now. This chassis just amazes me! I have not done any tuning or placement changing and it performs just how I like. I have messed with the preload on the shocks a little, but that is all

The mail man was nice enough to bring me some new wheels and hubs today.. Now I just have to get them modded and glued up to the fresh mullet combo i have.. Next comp is in two weeks, So it gives me plenty of time to break in the tires and do a few little things. Since I have room between the NCD knuckle weight and the wheel face, I am planning on spacing the weight out a little in hopes to gain a little more stability.

Also looking for some new batteries... I have my eye on some 325mah.. and they would fit perfect on the NCD plate up front, and save me about 8grams over the 430mah batteries I currently run..

I'll get some pics up over the next couple days of the tires and wheels. I cant wait to see how they look mounted up
Old 11-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Looking Good
mark reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #34
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

325mAh??? I wouldn't go that low if I were you. I've watched more than one driver run outta juice running their 450 packs on a 6 minute course. All it takes is getting stuck on your lid & trying to rock her back onto her feet full throttle. I still run 850 mAh packs but have my eye on something a little smaller but POWERFUL.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
325mAh??? I wouldn't go that low if I were you. I've watched more than one driver run outta juice running their 450 packs on a 6 minute course. All it takes is getting stuck on your lid & trying to rock her back onto her feet full throttle. I still run 850 mAh packs but have my eye on something a little smaller but POWERFUL.
I can't believe you laughed at me as my rig was going to gate 10 and ran out of juice. So rude!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #36
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
I can't believe you laughed at me as my rig was going to gate 10 and ran out of juice. So rude!
Now now...I didn't laugh AT you...I laughed AT you.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark reel View Post
Looking Good
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Yeah.. 325mah.. I have looked at what I use in a course over the last few weeks.. Even the longest course all I used was 204mah.. I finish 6 minute courses in 3-4 minutes.. I want to get a few and try them. I just dont see the need for 430mah if I only use 150 to 200 of that, but what do I know...

Quote:
I am laughing at you now.. pretty funny if you ask me
Old 11-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post

Yeah.. 325mah.. I have looked at what I use in a course over the last few weeks.. Even the longest course all I used was 204mah.. I finish 6 minute courses in 3-4 minutes.. I want to get a few and try them. I just dont see the need for 430mah if I only use 150 to 200 of that, but what do I know...

I am laughing at you now.. pretty funny if you ask me
I hadn't either until the courses started to get a little longer (still 6 minutes) and you get in multiple binds. That eats up those little packes pretty quickly. I still had over a minute left on the clock when my pack died.

And you're rude too for laughing at me. Now I'm going to hijack your thread with stupid pictures.

Last edited by paystin; 11-26-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I hadn't either until the courses started to get a little longer (still 6 minutes) and you get in multiple binds. That eats up those little packes pretty quickly. I still had over a minute left on the clock when my pack died.

And you're rude too for laughing at me. Now I'm going to hijack your thread with stupid pictures.
I'll definitely keep the 430mah packs handy... Just wanna try the smaller ones.. Might get the 325's for practice and keep the 430mah's for comps

Haha.. thanks man. That picture is great!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:58 AM   #40

yeah 450's seem the go these days for comps
samson is offline   Reply With Quote

Hittman's SMASH Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hittman's Featherweight Sporty Hittman Axial AX-10 Scorpion 104 05-19-2013 09:08 PM
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
Hittman's mini Hittman Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 17 10-01-2012 07:00 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM