Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Hittman's SMASH Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Hittman's SWITCH build

Try raising your front upper links one hole.
It should help your tire lift.

Edit:
I would try standing your front shocks up one hole first. It will allow the spring and oil to work a little more instead of pivoting. (My team drivers don't like the stood up shock, but I love it this way. It seems much more predictable to me.)

I would also try raising your rear uppers if you haven't already.

Last edited by Chaotic Crawlers; 11-27-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

i was woundering aout the oil he was running . to me it looked a little stiff.
like my shocks stood p as well a i think he is running his links were i run mine but i no everyone is diff here. al around the rig look like a great starting point
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post
Try raising your front upper links one hole.
It should help your tire lift.

Edit:
I would try standing your front shocks up one hole first. It will allow the spring and oil to work a little more instead of pivoting. (My team drivers don't like the stood up shock, but I love it this way. It seems much more predictable to me.)

I would also try raising your rear uppers if you haven't already.
Sounds good man. I will mess with it this weekend. Suspension really isnt stiff, and it has the amount of articulation I have am comfortable with. I could move the rear uppers to the highest hole in the chassis, but then my links would not be parallel to the ground. So idk if it would help or hurt more?? The suspension set up with the straight links is much different than with the bent links. I set it up where there was the right amount of clocking, but where it still cycled cleanly. The links I have are custom made to fit those holes, So I fear that I really dont have too much adjustment.. But I do like where the links are now, and how they are parallel to the ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
i was woundering aout the oil he was running . to me it looked a little stiff.
like my shocks stood p as well a i think he is running his links were i run mine but i no everyone is diff here. al around the rig look like a great starting point
I have 35wt in the shocks.. and practically no preload.

Thanks man, I really enjoy it, I need to order up the rest of my lw gears, then I should be done buying stuff.. hopefully
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #44
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Thanks man, I really enjoy it, I need to order up the rest of my lw gears, then I should be done buying stuff.. hopefully
Until I find some new cool thing that you are going to have to buy
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Until I find some new cool thing that you are going to have to buy
Oh damn.. I forgot about the motor plates..
Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #46
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Oh damn.. I forgot about the motor plates..
Yep exactly what I was thinking... And I'll prolly come up with something else for you to get...

Oh and you are going to need a Switch Zero eventually right?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Yep exactly what I was thinking... And I'll prolly come up with something else for you to get...

Oh and you are going to need a Switch Zero eventually right?
Phhhh you kidding me??? Of course I will!!.. Just waitin for the release
Old 11-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

i nhave it now lol
Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

i have it now lol
Old 11-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i have it now lol
You are lucky.. Cant wait to see it bro
Old 11-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #51
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
i have it now lol
And still no NEW PICS!
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sounds good man. I will mess with it this weekend. Suspension really isnt stiff, and it has the amount of articulation I have am comfortable with. I could move the rear uppers to the highest hole in the chassis, but then my links would not be parallel to the ground. So idk if it would help or hurt more?? The suspension set up with the straight links is much different than with the bent links. I set it up where there was the right amount of clocking, but where it still cycled cleanly. The links I have are custom made to fit those holes, So I fear that I really dont have too much adjustment.. But I do like where the links are now, and how they are parallel to the ground

I have 35wt in the shocks.. and practically no preload.

I found that in really high traction terrain I like my links where you have them, but when I'm at my usual spots(high traction, but not insane traction) I like my rear upper at the highest hole.

Your suspension will operate freely still.
I run 30 wt oil in all my shocks. I still think standing your shocks up will help with tire lift.
If that doesn't fix it, I would raise the fronts up one hole at the chassis.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

is he running the 60 40 or the 50 50
Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #54

Hijack.... When I put my rear uppers in the upper holes, it stopped "pushing" the front end down on steep inclines??? Instead it lifts aND turtle backs.. I am still running the special, but thought id chime in..
Any other suggestions

Why have a civilization anymore, if we are no longer interested in being civilized??
blackfabguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

ok i went back an looked he is running 50 50 . ill have to try rasing mine as see what happens . i havent never change mine from where is was when i put it togather . i will say that im running the 60 40 setup on the new truck an it is kinda doing this alil so i will try to move the links around an see what stops it . it is very drivable like it is but hell if it can be better im all for it . this new truck after 4 packs on it is just amazing .
Old 11-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I found that in really high traction terrain I like my links where you have them, but when I'm at my usual spots(high traction, but not insane traction) I like my rear upper at the highest hole.

Your suspension will operate freely still.
I run 30 wt oil in all my shocks. I still think standing your shocks up will help with tire lift.
If that doesn't fix it, I would raise the fronts up one hole at the chassis.
I will try that this weekend and see what happens.

And I'll try the shock placement first.. the front really doesnt lift much and seems very planted.. but maybe I am not seeing something? During my small winter "rebuild" I will change the oil out for 30wt.. 35 is just what I had on hand at the time.

Edit: Not trying to be negative on the subject, I really appreciate the help!.. I guess I truly dont know enough about the chassis or rig to know the difference in placement..

Last edited by Hittman; 11-27-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfabguy View Post
Hijack.... When I put my rear uppers in the upper holes, it stopped "pushing" the front end down on steep inclines??? Instead it lifts aND turtle backs.. I am still running the special, but thought id chime in..
Any other suggestions

Why have a civilization anymore, if we are no longer interested in being civilized??
I think i remember when you did this.. I remember becuase at the time I thought the chassis really sucked lol.. But I think link placement was key, it definitely does a lot better now.

Quote:
ok i went back an looked he is running 50 50 . ill have to try rasing mine as see what happens . i havent never change mine from where is was when i put it togather . i will say that im running the 60 40 setup on the new truck an it is kinda doing this alil so i will try to move the links around an see what stops it . it is very drivable like it is but hell if it can be better im all for it . this new truck after 4 packs on it is just amazing .
Well some of us dont have a 60 40 set up with the new chassis.... You lucky sob..

haha jk man, I am happy to hear that the new chassis and links perform even better.. I can only imagine what its like
Old 11-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfabguy View Post
Any other suggestions

But where were your front links and where were your shocks?
They all work together.
I have tried so many different combos tht I couldn't tell you which ones did what anymore, but I would put my rig up against anybody's on my terrain with the setup I have.

Do one thing at a time.

Ill be honest... My current shock setup came from a night of drinking and carpet crawling against a wall. I would pull up on a wall enough to get good pressure on the rear tires and then use my hand to see how the suspension would cycle.
I found that with my rear uppers all the way up and my front shocks laid down, that my front suspension was locked solid(it didn't cycle.)
I started standing up my shocks and tweaking my rear shocks and all of a sudden the suspension would cycle freely and the rig would get completely vertical against a wall unlike my starting setup.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
But where were your front links and where were your shocks?
They all work together.
I have tried so many different combos tht I couldn't tell you which ones did what anymore, but I would put my rig up against anybody's on my terrain with the setup I have.

Do one thing at a time.

Ill be honest... My current shock setup came from a night of drinking and carpet crawling against a wall. I would pull up on a wall enough to get good pressure on the rear tires and then use my hand to see how the suspension would cycle.
I found that with my rear uppers all the way up and my front shocks laid down, that my front suspension was locked solid(it didn't cycle.)
I started standing up my shocks and tweaking my rear shocks and all of a sudden the suspension would cycle freely and the rig would get completely vertical against a wall unlike my starting setup.
Seems like a pretty high tech way to get a set up for sure lol.. Interesting to hear though. I'll mess with it and see what I come up with
Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Good info all around... I get tire lift, but have used it to advantage as well as loss.. I loose front tire pressure/bite when I get too vertical, like standing up, but still get suspension cycle. Now I have to play around too, I guess..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Hittman's SMASH Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hittman's Featherweight Sporty Hittman Axial AX-10 Scorpion 104 05-19-2013 09:08 PM
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
Hittman's mini Hittman Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 17 10-01-2012 07:00 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM