Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Hittman's SMASH Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 01:47 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Hittman's SWITCH build

Just a small update for tonight...

I pulled off the servo plate. I milled and drilled that out a little more.. I am unsure of a un-modified plate but, when i went to weigh this one my scale wouldnt pick it up. And yes, I put something over 3grams on the scale then put the plate on and still nothin.. I am happy with how it turned out.. an it looks pretty cool too.

Then I pulled the battery plate off. Drilled out what holes were there and added a few more for good measure this pulled another gram off of the plate.. Nothing much at all, but it is not hurting the overall strength of it, so I do not see a down side to it..

Thats all for tonight.. I just wasnt motivated to work on it anymore.. I am hoping over the next couple days I can get the front gearbox done and a few custom parts put on
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #102
E.Y. Designs

Did you countersink some of those holes on the battery mount? Looking good What's your RTR weight right now?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Did you countersink some of those holes on the battery mount?
Looks like it. Sneaky way to get rid of weight. Heck if you really wanted to you could file the center out of the part and loose more weight that way
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:49 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Did you countersink some of those holes on the battery mount? Looking good What's your RTR weight right now?
Yessir I did countersink all of the holes. I think it looks better that way.

Not too sure about rtr weight.. the rear motor has been out for a week... I am hoping to get it back together this weekend with some different motors to test
Old 01-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Ok.. So i finished up the front end over the last couple days..

I got this sweet little servo mount from Calvin at CW.. I had to do a little grinding to get it to fit, but it fits great and looks awesome IMO

When I pulled out the gears I had this little suprise waiting for me.. It was still together in the axle but when i pulled it out it seperated.. Soo that got changed out right away.

I decided to weigh the gears.. stock vs. axial lw.. I only weighed what gears I replaced and that was the three idler gears and the 1st gear. Not a huge savings but its not bad, and its getting something stronger in there so i cant complain. Sorry for the glare..
Stock: 31grams

Axial lw: 26grams

Front motor plate got some drilling..

My servo guard I had on wasnt too bad.. but when I saw what my buddy Troy (Winnerone23) was making, I had to have one.. When I first got it, it seemed big and it hung over the sides some.. So after 10-15minutes with the dremel, I had something that fit the size of the servo and I liked much better. A sweet product for sure.

Last week I traded some berg axles I had for some team edition Brood vapors.. So far they seem pretty nice. I forgot to weigh the difference between the lw holmes and the vapors, but I dont think there was much difference. They are a 30t, skewed arm, 4 magnet, team brushes and springs.. all i can remember. I also replaced the aluminum timing rings with some lw holmes timing rings.. The brood rings were bent so they had to be replaced anyways... plus the Holmes rings saved 1gram per
With all the changes it brought the rtr weight to 3lbs 11.9oz. I am happy with this weight for now.. But a new chassis and motors might be in store for this rig
Old 01-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #106
RCC Addict

woah my lil CF mount made your rig loose a ton of weight

Looks good on there with the CF guard. I may have to get my self one, it looks nuts
Old 01-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
woah my lil CF mount made your rig loose a ton of weight

Looks good on there with the CF guard. I may have to get my self one, it looks nuts
Haha oh yeah.. All the weight just fell off once I installed it

And you should. The textured cf is really nice and looks good too
Old 01-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Servo guard looks great! I only run hitec so I guess ill have to get me a futuba to use for moch up, the pic on here is better then the phone, I dint even realize the left side tab was gone.. you must of got that down to 3grams! It will go great with calvins servo mount!

Thanks Calvin!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #109
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Servo guard looks great! I only run hitec so I guess ill have to get me a futuba to use for moch up, the pic on here is better then the phone, I dint even realize the left side tab was gone.. you must of got that down to 3grams! It will go great with calvins servo mount!

Thanks Calvin!
Thanks Troy, maybe we can work out a trade when I need a mount for my AX. Don't be shocked if I don't engrave it with my cars name
Old 01-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Thanks Calvin!
Yeah.. I would say that you do need to get futaba for mock ups Jk man.. A little grinding and it fit great I didnt weigh it before it was mounted, but I would say 3grams sounds about right.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
Thanks Troy, maybe we can work out a trade when I need a mount for my AX. Don't be shocked if I don't engrave it with my cars name
Which mount? Engrave it, huh, I'm lost.. lol

I'm sure we can work something out.. text comin ur way.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Nah..... No futuba for me.. hitec is perfect! That would be like switching from HH motors or chaotic chassis, not gonna happen! heck mise well switch my rovers out for chisels while I'm at it.. hahaha.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Nah..... No futuba for me.. hitec is perfect! That would be like switching from HH motors or chaotic chassis, not gonna happen! heck mise well switch my rovers out for chisels while I'm at it.. hahaha.
Just buy a cheap one for mockups

And come on.. live a little.. try new things
Old 01-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

With the vapors I was able to take 3.5mm of the external limiting out of the rear shocks. This gave me 6 1/2" of flex now.. not a ton more but I will have to test it out and see how it handles.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #115
RCC Addict

Quote:
Which mount? Engrave it, huh, I'm lost.. lol

I'm sure we can work something out.. text comin ur way.
Wow brainfart... meant servo guard and ima waiting
Old 01-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #116
Rock Crawler

I love the fact that your rig is on a diet and you are using a weight watchers scale, every pic makes me chuckle a little lol! Im going with the same setup winner is hooking me up with all red and black carbon items, servo mount, guard, all that jazz, going the same direction. I currently have a BWD servo brace, but am also having one made by winner, do you think the weight will be about the same between the CF brace and the aluminum drilled brace you have their?My BWD is already annodized red and is sexy, just wondering if i should switch it!

LIK
OFFROADRCKOREA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Be very careful on how you answer the above question Christian! Wahahahahahahahahahaha.....
Old 01-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinkorea View Post
I love the fact that your rig is on a diet and you are using a weight watchers scale, every pic makes me chuckle a little lol! Im going with the same setup winner is hooking me up with all red and black carbon items, servo mount, guard, all that jazz, going the same direction. I currently have a BWD servo brace, but am also having one made by winner, do you think the weight will be about the same between the CF brace and the aluminum drilled brace you have their?My BWD is already annodized red and is sexy, just wondering if i should switch it!

LIK
Haha yeah the scale is perfect.. I think they should be about the same weight. Watch for flexing thou. Mine flexes a little bit, but not enough to change out right away. As far as looks... If you like red, Troy's mount is far better.. I just like mine better for my rig
Old 01-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Be very careful on how you answer the above question Christian! Wahahahahahahahahahaha.....
Oh hush..
Old 01-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Haha yeah the scale is perfect.. I think they should be about the same weight. Watch for flexing thou. Mine flexes a little bit, but not enough to change out right away. As far as looks... If you like red, Troy's mount is far better.. I just like mine better for my rig
You just like urs better cause I don't have blue cf... Yet..

(Very well played, sir).

Hittman's SMASH Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hittman's Featherweight Sporty Hittman Axial AX-10 Scorpion 104 05-19-2013 09:08 PM
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
Hittman's mini Hittman Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 17 10-01-2012 07:00 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM