Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: dlux fab links help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default dlux fab links help!

i am building a viper ll chassis..i read on the fourms that dlux fab links are the best for this chassis.this is my first aftermarket chassis, im confused on the link sizes..on the website it says 50/50 or 60/40..i dont know which to go with..i want the lower links to be bent...i want to get uppers too..if any one is running this chassis can u please let me know what ur using?im gonna use traxxes big bore shocks..whats the best link set up for the viper 2..thanks hope to here from u guys!
bustamantealdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Fifth dimension

Default Re: dlux fab links help!

Hey bro. Erik did my viper 2 so I gotcha! 60/40 ti on the bottom and aluminum on top. I run 3.5 big bores. Pink springs front, red rear. The 60/40 is very noticeable. Hit me up with any questions but I will point out that my v2 is on berg axles. I still run a bj4 on my xr axles.
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
Fifth dimension

I feel bad. I should have read slower. 60/40 means he cuts the links to move 20 percent more of the weight up front. It's a no brainer. We all try to weight the fronts of our trucks so why not get help from the links too. Ti is a bit heavier so I went with the aluminum up top. Plus, weight low. It also makes sense. Erik at dlux is one of the coolest dudes to deal with on this forum. I've got to the point where if I don't know something, even if its a build he didn't play that much of a fab role in, I just ask em anyway. I totally trust him. If your running big bores, ask him to make some of the mod caps for them. That way you can put any size rod end out of the top of the cap. Really helps with clearance and adjustability. I just ordered the clear lexan wheels and brass knuckle weights for my xr. They are sick. Again, if you need any thing, hit me up.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

yeah dlux eric explain to me already lol...he told me 60/40 is where its at.haha but i also read on the forums that 65/35 is pretty good setup as well..idk?what do u think..i want the tail to drop and flex the most..like a mantis setup.i saw on the web site where they make the shock capsim gonna get a few...i wanna run pink springs in the back..dont know about the front yet..i am running stock xr10 axles,wanna get ti bottom links and Aluminum uppers.i dont know the sizes of the uppers,do berg axles have different size links?im also gonna get some slw rims with some hpi rock grabbers any suggestions?tips? thanks alot for the help!!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
Fifth dimension

I haven't driven 65/35 yet. 60/40 is pretty off set friend. If you want to dip in the rear more so than the front then pink in the rear is a good choice. Orange would be the front choice then. Berg and xr axle links are different because of the link " geometry". It's where they mount on the axle that makes it different. Unless you use a custom link mount and then, I guess, it's virtually the same. For wheels, just incase you deside to run large knuckle weights, I'd go with a flat faced wheel. Erik makes them and I've bought 2 sets. You still buy slw hubs to mount them. The wheels are narrow and with the flat face, you can stuff tons of weight in there. As far as the grabbers, I bought 3 sets when I first started ( too many teds garage vids) and sold them all. I've found nothing works better than hb rovers/ sedonas or boss claws. As far as knowing the size of the links, you really don't need to know. Your chassis has adjustability and Erik knows the lengths. Let me know if I can do anything else dude. I'm in Hong Kong for vacation and still can't stay off this forum . C-ya
Old 02-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

on all of my crawlers ive had close to a 60/40 setup, its perfect for ups and downs.... the more weight on the front, the more the front tires want to tuck under when turning on a sidehill, causing you to roll.... either way, your ideas are good so far in my opinion! (:
mhflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawllife View Post
I haven't driven 65/35 yet. 60/40 is pretty off set friend. If you want to dip in the rear more so than the front then pink in the rear is a good choice. Orange would be the front choice then. Berg and xr axle links are different because of the link " geometry". It's where they mount on the axle that makes it different. Unless you use a custom link mount and then, I guess, it's virtually the same. For wheels, just incase you deside to run large knuckle weights, I'd go with a flat faced wheel. Erik makes them and I've bought 2 sets. You still buy slw hubs to mount them. The wheels are narrow and with the flat face, you can stuff tons of weight in there. As far as the grabbers, I bought 3 sets when I first started ( too many teds garage vids) and sold them all. I've found nothing works better than hb rovers/ sedonas or boss claws. As far as knowing the size of the links, you really don't need to know. Your chassis has adjustability and Erik knows the lengths. Let me know if I can do anything else dude. I'm in Hong Kong for vacation and still can't stay off this forum . C-ya
i really appreciate all the advice...i think im gonna go with vp link mounts...i need them before anything else..i wanna vp my xr10 out!lol erick sad its better if i custom make my uppers.im gonna order the bent ti lowers.i cant get al uppers from vp and cut them to what i need...as far as wheels i think i wanna go with dlux rims with some rovers...what do u suggest for the weights?how much should i use?i still a newbie lol..also i wanna do btw steering..i want a better turning radius.any ideas?lol. do u know where i can get a rowdy racing front axle battery plate?

dlux fab links help! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dlux J-Fab Berg out for a crawl new2it Videos! 1 05-25-2012 12:48 PM
DLUX Fab.com SCX10 Honcho Jslick Axial SCX-10 6 10-31-2010 07:01 AM