RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial XR10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/)
-   -   Everett's NCD SuDu "Pro"totype (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/434685-everetts-ncd-sudu-pro-totype.html)

EverettY 03-15-2013 10:09 PM

Everett's NCD SuDu "Pro"totype

Well I finally pretty much have my XR10 running so I'd figure I'd post up the build thread :) I was originally going to run a T1e Special Ops so Dr Frank gave me an extremely good deal on his lightly used 1 piece skid and Ti Links... So I was going to order the chassis a couple weeks ago but Nick has been really busy so I wasn't able to get it.... I have a competition this coming Sunday so I've really been trying to get it ready so when I found out I couldn't get the chassis in Time I was a little disappointed... but I was talking to Tomi at NCD and we got talking about the SuDu Pro and he ended up sending me his Chassis that he had sitting on his shelf So I got it and just made one screw hole bigger and I was able to use the 1 piece skid that I got from Frank and the links are the perfect length. Exactly 12.5" fully compressed "thumbsup" So He shipped the chassis last week Wednesday and I got it on Tuesday of this week... I also ordered up some DLux Revolutionary cross braces for it as well. So I just finished putting the chassis completely together and getting the links all mounted up today and I'll be glueing up the wheels and tires tomorrow and finishing up the electronics... Kinda last minute but it'll be fun :D Here's a run down of the parts on it...

~NCD SuDu Pro Prototype Chassis
~NCD LW Battery Mount
~NCD Electronics Mount
~NCD CF Rear Brace
~VP Wraith Knuckles
~VP Upper Link Mounts F/R
~VP Motor Plates Lighten By CW Crawlers Thanks Calvin they look awesome!
~SCX10 Aluminum shocks... Thanks to Del Monte for the great deal "thumbsup" And Hopefully since they've been on a rig that's won ECC and many other competitions that'll help them perfrom well on here :mrgreen:
~RC Bros knuckle weights I'm running .8 oz per side at the moment but will probably end up adding more
~ 5mm Hollow Ti Lowers 3mm Ti Uppers
~One Piece Skid
~Drilled RC4wd Gears
~CW Crawlers Nylon Glue Wheels
~CW Crawlers Aluminum Bead Blasted Steering arms
~Chaotic Crawlers custom Bent 1/8" Tierod
~Losi Boss Claws Shaved
~Crawler Innovations 5.25” DD Foams Soft outers Narrow inners F/R
~Aluminum Hardware almost everywhere....
~Team Brood Vapor 4 Magnet Type ST 35t with Ground, Polished, Dyed, Epoxy balanced arms...ceramic bearings, team brushes, team springs...
~Dual Micro Sidewinders
~Futaba BLS157HV
~Futaba 4PL
~CC BEC
Electronics smashed by my Brother MitchellY Thanks for the awesome job!

Weight right now RTR minus the Wheels and hubs is 3 lbs 5.2 oz.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7be5efdf.jpg
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7f370651.jpg
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3fd23c24.jpg
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2fc57b4f.jpg

That's the 2 ESC's BEC and RX all in one small package :shock:

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0607a56c.jpg

Jakerz 03-15-2013 10:29 PM

Re: Everett's NCD SuDu "Pro"totype

I like it! that electronics package is nuts lol! I need to talk to Tomi about getting one of those battery mounts also.

Looks clean bud! Keep us posted!

Jake

boosted4lyf 03-15-2013 11:10 PM

So.....so.....sooo:ror:

Looks decent kiddo. Sure has alot of purple.

Oz Bruiser 03-15-2013 11:18 PM

Looks great mate. If the online covesrion tool is correct at the its just over 1500grams at the specified weight. I know thats with out wheels and tyres and i presume battery onboard but thats very light. "thumbsup"

I hope my missing components will be ready soon for my own as its stalled currently.

Try to get some footage at the comp as yours and Josh's will be the first SuDu Pros comped i think.

MitchellY 03-15-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakerz (Post 4231169)
I like it! that electronics package is nuts lol! I need to talk to Tomi about getting one of those battery mounts also.

Jake

Thanks! Over 3 tedious hours of work went into that smashing job.... Turned out pretty good I think, and Everett's happy with it so that's what counts :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oz Bruiser (Post 4231211)
Looks great mate. If the online covesrion tool is correct at the its just over 1500grams at the specified weight. I know thats with out wheels and tyres and i presume battery onboard but thats very light. "thumbsup"

Actually that weight is with tires. Fully RTR weight minus wheels "thumbsup"

winnerone23 03-15-2013 11:36 PM

Well well well, you been busy young man.. No wonder you haven't posted much lately..

Looks very nice! One heck of a parts line up you got. I agree, lets see some video of it on the rocks. I like this chassis..

No servo guard!?!?! ... :eek: :)

EverettY 03-15-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakerz (Post 4231169)

Jake

The battery mounts are great! Nice and simple :) Oh and ask for my LW design :mrgreen:

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by boosted4lyf (Post 4231207)
So.....so.....sooo:ror:

Looks decent kiddo. Sure has alot of purple.

LOL thanks! Ahh the purple doesn't stop there... I'll have some more custom purple stuff still to come... "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oz Bruiser (Post 4231211)

I hope my missing components will be ready soon for my own as its stalled currently.

Try to get some footage at the comp as yours and Josh's will be the first SuDu Pros comped i think.

Yep like Mitchell Said that's everything but the wheels and hubs :)

I'm looking forward to yours running ;-)

I will do that and it'll be fun I'm excited to see how both of them do at the comp...

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnerone23 (Post 4231227)
Well well well, you been busy young man.. No wonder you haven't posted much lately..

Looks very nice! One heck of a parts line up you got. I agree, lets see some video of it on the rocks. I like this chassis..

No servo guard!?!?! ... :eek: :)

Ok course I'm busy... LOL

Video will be shot and I'll just have to figure out how to use Final Cut to edit it :ror:

LOL wanna give me one? :mrgreen:

TedBull 03-15-2013 11:47 PM

Damn Everett, You did good. That's a hell of a truck you got there. I like it.

redrokin00XJ 03-16-2013 12:51 AM

HOT DAMN!!!!!! Ev...... Good job buddy, I like it a lot. This whole time I thought you didn't have an XR.... j/p

This is sick, you did it right. However I did expect more PURPLE lol :ror:

douwe 03-16-2013 01:02 AM

Great work Everett, o really like to see how it performs.. nice list of parts and very nice weights

Tomy 03-16-2013 01:32 AM

Very clean wiring job! "thumbsup"

roxx 03-16-2013 04:20 AM

yeah it looks real nice

Wicked Monkey 03-16-2013 04:34 AM

That looks great man! Can't wait to see some vid of it. Nice work on the electronics too MitchellY. "thumbsup"

EverettY 03-16-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedBull (Post 4231241)
Damn Everett, You did good. That's a hell of a truck you got there. I like it.

HAHA Thanks! I'm really liking it :) turned out better than I'd hoped for the way it sits...

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrokin00XJ (Post 4231288)
HOT DAMN!!!!!! Ev...... Good job buddy, I like it a lot. This whole time I thought you didn't have an XR.... j/p

This is sick, you did it right. However I did expect more PURPLE lol :ror:

You really thought that? :lmao: I am ashamed of you...

Hmmf You will see more purple and you will be jealous :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by douwe (Post 4231296)
Great work Everett, o really like to see how it performs.. nice list of parts and very nice weights

Thanks! It's a great looking design and I hope it performs as well as it looks ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomy (Post 4231310)
Very clean wiring job! "thumbsup"

Yes I really like it.. Turned out better than I expected...

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxx (Post 4231362)
yeah it looks real nice

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked Monkey (Post 4231367)
That looks great man! Can't wait to see some vid of it. Nice work on the electronics too MitchellY. "thumbsup"

Thanks! I will hopefully get some vid up next week but I can't promise anything :razz:

joshsmith512 03-16-2013 09:48 AM

very nice everett, very impressive parts list. cant wait for tommorow"thumbsup"

Crawling Calvin 03-16-2013 11:30 AM

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-C.../P45440901.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Z.../P45440500.jpg

Sorry for the pics at an angle... I hate the new Google+ Picasa interface :evil:

winnerone23 03-16-2013 12:27 PM

How much did the plates weigh after the mill job?

HARDKNOCKZ 03-16-2013 03:39 PM

Well looky who got himself a big boy truck. I'm not sure about all that purple but do you junior.

Congrats on finally having a nice rig.

J.D.

EverettY 03-16-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnerone23 (Post 4231794)
How much did the plates weigh after the mill job?

Hmm I can't remember exactly but I think it was like 3 grams so it's like 7 or 8 grams a plate now so not bad at all :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ (Post 4231984)
Well looky who got himself a big boy truck. I'm not sure about all that purple but do you junior.

Congrats on finally having a nice rig.

J.D.

LOL... I wanted something different and I think it looks pretty cool :)

Thanks!

losiking1 03-16-2013 09:32 PM

Great looking build Everett"thumbsup""thumbsup" Love the purple as it's been my colour forever. I did go a little different with my XR... orange and black was my choice. Back in the day i built a Trinity 1/10 oval car with everything purple including a purple metalflake cf chassis. It was freakin awesome!! Hope it works well for you"thumbsup"