Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Chaotic Pro Bodiless Chassis... Smash & 2.0 - XR10 Tech Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #41

Got my first Switch chassis together and test run. How good are these. I'm very impressed although my set up seems taller than most it still works great. I may have to find a different set of shocks to bring it a bit closer to the ground and try it
richard2744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Default Re: Chaotic Pro Bodiless Chassis... Smash & 2.0 - XR10 Tech Area

What length shocks do you have.
donzx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #43

I've got custom built ones on the front I made up out of two sets there 87mm and the rears are stock xr shocks. My center height is 92mm running voodoo tyres
Old 10-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Your gonna want to get your belly clearance between 70-80mm

Sounds like your shocks either need to be limited internally or you may just need a shorter set of shocks.
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #45

I'll shorten the front set some more and then work on the back to match. I have about 3 mm change from front to rear of the skid
Old 10-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #46
RCC Addict

It will make it real hard to tune with two diff kinds of shocks. I run 4in big bores with 3.5 shock shafts in them with the cap mod and pinks in front and reds in the rear.
donzx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

ya the shocks u have on in the pic is just to long .most of us run a 3.5 shock on our rigs
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #48
RCC Addict

What they said ^^^^. Different shocks is a tough one to deal with for pure consistency reasons and they are to long which causes more issues. If you can afford it, get a set of Big Bores or my preference, SCX shocks and try those out. I think you'll find it's worth the small investment for much improved performance.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #49

Thanks for the info. I have internally limited the shocks for now and got my height down to 73mm at the front. I get try a set of SCX shocks for comparison then will go from there
Old 10-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #50

I was wrong with my first height, it was closer to 82 mm so used 5+ 6 mm spacers to bring it down under the 80 mm mark.
I'm still waiting for some knuckle weights from the states then I'll be able to get a better feel for the adjustments
Old 11-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #51
RCC Addict

So, is the the only difference between the 2.0 and the Smash the height of the chassis? Is that what smashed refers to?
Tossedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

The belly clearance is better with the SMASH, cabs are the same on both.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #53
RCC Addict

Thanks. That's what I'd suspected.
Tossedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Very cool info. just ordered the Smash myself today.
jaloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Happy Holidays!!!

Were showing the love and providing even more savings!!

During the rest of November and Thru December
we are offering free Domestic Shipping
on In-Stock Items!!!

This is our Way Of saying Thank You for all the Love and Support we
have felt over the last few years from this great RCC community!!

Last edited by Chaotic Crawlers; 12-15-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #56
RCC Addict

What about us international guys?
chevotafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevotafun View Post

My main issue with discounting or giving free Priority shipping to International buyers is I strongly suggest Express Shipping.

I love all the International support...However we cant control shipping and the process it undergoes once it leaves us. I understand Express Shipping can be quite expensive. But its the only way to get your items quickly and guaranteed.

Of the thousands of items we have sent out of the country we have yet to lose one...Knock on wood!!! But we have seen delays as long as 4 months...

So that being said keep your eye out for a Holiday Discount on Express International!!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I would have to agree with you here. If not for the access I have to a US PO box I would be screwed and more than likely not doing much in the hobby. I certainly would not be building the quality of crawler that I am currently building.

When shipping rates to Canada quadruple compared to 48 states shipping it tends to throw costs for a loop and takes away the feasibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post
My main issue with discounting or giving free Priority shipping to International buyers is I strongly suggest Express Shipping.

I love all the International support...However we cant control shipping and the process it undergoes once it leaves us. I understand Express Shipping can be quite expensive. But its the only way to get your items quickly and guaranteed.

Of the thousands of items we have sent out of the country we have yet to lose one...Knock on wood!!! But we have seen delays as long as 4 months...

So that being said keep your eye out for a Holiday Discount on Express International!!
I can certainly understand your position as well. It does cost more to ship to Canada a sad but true fact. Knowing this I do not expect to pay the same however allot of vendors use one size packaging for their shipments and thus the costs are fixed with the flat rate boxes. There are several times I have gotten items and there is a tiny little part in a box that would have held 1000 of the same part. Allot of shipping cost could be cut by packaging and shipping on a per item basis vs standard flat rate boxing for everything.

Case in point I was looking to buy 2 steering arms the difference in cost from US shipping to Canada shipping was over 4 times as much. I had ordered from the same place before and it was tiny parts that showed up in a big box. The steering arms could be tossed in an envelope and sent letter mail for less than a dollar. It is hard to swallow that shipping for a particular item is twice as much as the retail cost of the said item, esp for small parts. I had a buddy price out shipping a 1 ounce package to me from the states and his cost was a single dollar. With that being said I would save money shipping it to my buddy then him shipping to me and saving over 14 dollars in shipping, just doesn't sit well. Makes me wonder how I got a motor shipped to Canada for 3 dollars in less than 3 weeks.

As an example and I don't want to come off as a big asshole here but I just priced out the shipping cost for 8 titanium link sliders ( gotta be the lightest parts available) shipped to Canada on your site and the shipping would be 24.95. That brings the total cost of 8 links sliders shipped to Canada with exchange to about 62.00 Canadian or 7.75 a piece, provided we don't get nailed paying duties and taxes as well which are calculated with all monies spent including shipping. Coincidentally the shipping for a chassis, links, sliders, ball ends and a t shirt was the same 24.95 vs 5.20 in the US.

That being said my new chassis and links from you (delivered to a US PO box) came stuffed to the gunnels and couldn't have been put in any smaller a box, so for this instance it was great, Awsome chassis and links BTW couldn't be happier with the product or the exceptional customer service. Top Notch.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread (probably not going to make me too popular) but allot of vendors and stores still fail to realize that the shipping costs to Canadian consumers dictates whether we are going to purchase an item or just not bother. I truly believe it does hurt US sellers and if more effort was placed on keeping shipping costs lower to Canadians that there would be allot more business coming their way.

Last edited by jaloos; 11-26-2013 at 02:06 PM.
jaloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post

Express is the only way I ship anything
That's a good record you got going there

A lot better than some others

I will be looking for this
got to order me acouple shirts and acouple other things
chevotafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloos View Post
I can certainly understand your position as well. It does cost more to ship to Canada a sad but true fact. Knowing this I do not expect to pay the same however allot of vendors use one size packaging for their shipments and thus the costs are fixed with the flat rate boxes. There are several times I have gotten items and there is a tiny little part in a box that would have held 1000 of the same part. Allot of shipping cost could be cut by packaging and shipping on a per item basis vs standard flat rate boxing for everything.
Flat rate International priority box pricing is ridiculous and usually more than a weighed out express package..

Quote:
As an example and I don't want to come off as a big asshole here but I just priced out the shipping cost for 8 titanium link sliders ( gotta be the lightest parts available) shipped to Canada on your site and the shipping would be 24.95. That brings the total cost of 8 links sliders shipped to Canada with exchange to about 62.00 Canadian or 7.75 a piece, provided we don't get nailed paying duties and taxes as well which are calculated with all monies spent including shipping. Coincidentally the shipping for a chassis, links, sliders, ball ends and a t shirt was the same 24.95 vs 5.20 in the US.
We only offer those pricing points online because First Class mail is usually not a safe enough option International Buyers are willing to Risk. But the few that are have contacted us and we have gotten them taken care of, Knowing their risks.

Again all first class International Packages we have sent have arrived safely. But we are not willing to take the risk every time so we don't offer it.

Quote:
That being said my new chassis and links from you (delivered to a US PO box) came stuffed to the gunnels and couldn't have been put in any smaller a box, so for this instance it was great, Awsome chassis and links BTW couldn't be happier with the product or the exceptional customer service. Top Notch.
Thanks for the words and support

Quote:
Express is the only way I ship anything
That's a good record you got going there

A lot better than some others

I will be looking for this
got to order me acouple shirts and acouple other things
I wish I could only offer Express...However I understand $55 shipping for a $20 item can be ridiculous. We try to accommodate everyone and still maintain a consistent delivery.

Chaotic Pro Bodiless Chassis... Smash & 2.0 - XR10 Tech Area - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 Chaotic Pro Bodiless Chassis Line Up ... Smash & 2.0 Chaotic Crawlers Chassis and Suspension 57 03-01-2014 08:28 AM
Chaotic Pro Bodiless Chassis Chaotic Crawlers Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 66 12-24-2013 06:09 PM
Chaotic Switch Bodiless Carbon Chassis...Tech thread Chaotic Crawlers Axial XR10 188 04-18-2013 08:27 PM
Chaotic Crawlers Pro Bodiless Chassis xgerstandtx Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 10-22-2011 09:20 AM