Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Another Agent Down Under

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 03:46 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Another Agent Down Under

A few weeks ago the postman brought me a bag of Voodoo goodness. Two pairs of silver compound voodoo's. For the time being I'm running them on an old set of MTHead delrin beadlocks. These have made the rig a bit of a pig again, but till i get the foams sorted its easier to run them this way. The rims tyres and foams have brought the RTR weight to 1800grams. Currently i am running some custom made closed cell inners, bout part way between the 5.5 and the 6.0 inners from CI. Fronts are Comp Channeled. Rears flat top. Outers are proline oversize memory at the moment. Though still not 100% on these. Will grab some pics later, just a quick vid for now.

LAY80N is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 03:58 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

If i would be able to do that, i would be happy!
BliB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:56 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Wow!

I need some voodoo's!

Love the build!
Abrown83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:54 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quick update, few changes have happened over the last month or so. I had Hulksta Engineering cut me out some extra rings, so i changed the 2 piece "Crown" cf rims i was running over to a 3 piece design

Late last year i changed over to the HH BR-Mini's. So far after heaps of packs they are still the best crawler ESC i have used. After a recent fall i have cracked through the topper on the secret agent. Luckily a local has just switched over to the Double Agent, so i can borrow his old topper for the time being. But a new chassis will be coming this way very soon, just have to decide which one
Old 04-18-2014, 01:03 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Some footage from the recent Australian Nationals. I placed 6th, making a stupid timing error on Pro2 that saw me time out a few inches short of the finish gate with a heap of points in hand and 5 or so bonus gates driven (repeating bonus setup course). Currently I'm waiting on the postman to deliver me a package containing a Remedy 3.5. The Secret Agent has been a sensational chassis, but mine has had a hard life and is starting to show it. Will have some pics of the swap in the next week or so.

PRO3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik353Mr7Rxg
Old 05-18-2014, 03:01 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Better late than never......

Recently I received a great package from BMachineRC. A Remedy 3.5 chassis and Ti lower link set. The chassis is great quality, as are the link set. The chassis comes pre-built, but i promptly pulled it down and replaced the hardware with aluminium bolts. After this is stripped the diffs and electronics from the agent and fitted them up to the remedy. The lower links fit straight up, just a slight tweak to nail the wheel base as I run a front case in the rear. An old set of CC secret agent front uppers fitted up in the front, and a quick set of CF rear links sorted out the rear end.

Current shock setup (posted here so I dont forget what oil I am running)
Shocks
SCX10 plastic, HPI bladders, Losi O-rings
MRC silver rears - 45w oil
Mini-T Silver front - 30w oil

Anyway, onto the pics (please ignore the shocking panels, they were a quick effort in the early morning hours before its first comp)

Flex pic

Side on, around ride height

Full height

Front on

Electronics on RR plate

Rear end setup. The BB brace is a great addition

Current RTR weight is around 1660g, with 45g on each front knuckle. I plan to swap my VP front topper to the plastic setup to drop some weight and possibly a motor upgrade in the near future.

So far i have run two comps with the new setup. I placed 2nd in my first run, and today i pulled the win Also was the only driver to finish Pro2 and Pro3. My local group has some very talented drivers so to be able to place with a new setup is quite tough. The chassis is performing brilliantly, props to BMachineRC and M_Energy for their design
Old 05-18-2014, 04:23 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

must be the added weight layto.
filotr14lsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:33 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

If drives quite well with no added weight, but i found with the weight it is a bit easier to do drive lines faster.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:48 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

I know what your saying. that's why I ended up putting weight back onto my rig. good see see you have come to your senses
filotr14lsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #30
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Oh, it's a remedy... I think you have to change your buildtread name
It was a cool run and congrats on on the win
Wish to have same great rocks like you guys have, but we did not
I will have a eye on this tread

Last edited by ZZR 1100 Racer; 05-18-2014 at 11:54 AM.
ZZR 1100 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:07 AM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Almost a year overdue, but anyway I have some updates for this rig. Not much really changed with this rig. Apart from re-fitting my Dlux XR knuckle weights (base weight only) it really didn't need much changing. It was very competitive in our local rounds, taking a fair few podiums and wins. Though with numbers getting low and some bad weather the comps were few and far between for the last 6 months of 2014.

The Remedy chassis is now connected to a set of D'lux Superlites. But this XR10 still lives on. I have refitted the XR diffs to my Secret Agent chassis. A quick dual MSW smash, a hacked GT3B and some old Brood 35T scewed apocalypse motors and my wife has a pro rig to learn on. I will keep things updated here, though i doubt there will be many changes for a while. A quick dig through the parts box found some old aluminium SCX shocks and some losi MRC silvers. I may end up changing them to MiniT silvers, but at the moment the springs being slightly too stiff is the last of my wifes problems

Link to my superlite build thread - Dlux'd Remedy

Last edited by LAY80N; 04-24-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Tags
potato, remedy 3.5, secret agent

Another Agent Down Under - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Secret Agent 3.5 luxenberg Videos! 7 11-13-2012 05:42 PM
A UK agent. skipeee Axial XR10 34 09-08-2012 01:07 PM
Cleaning agent? Sixohh Paint and Body 3 09-13-2011 02:27 PM