Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: ZZR's...now it's a REMEDY 3.5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2014, 12:45 AM   #241
DravTech

Default Re: ZZR's...now it's a REMEDY 3.5

Those wheels are the NCD 3 Spoke Cyclones.

Interesting servo solution. I will looking forward to hear how it works on the rocks.
Dravpnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2014, 12:57 AM   #242
Rock Crawler

I do mean I read somewhere that it was faster than the 7950,,
I also have problems with my 7950 is overheating sometimes,,
then I just have to turn off the crawler and wait 5min untill is has cooled down,,
But I am about to make some changes with the electronics with the servo,,
I will only have the yellow signal wire going to the reciver and get the power directly from the battery with the bec,,also conect the + and - to the deans that I conect the battery with,, I dont see any reason to pull so many amps throug the little circut on the esc,,,
I am lacy,,should have done this before this season started,,,
But next season I will have it the way I want..Maby I even buy a 9380TH and a PAD,,, I will have 2,maby 3 more crawlers after this winter is gone so I can try the 9380 on my new axels
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:44 AM   #243
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat13 View Post
Thanks Stephan,
The NEW servo Is Stronger Than 7950 ?
No, not stronger but they are so much stronger on the market If you are looking on the paper...but competition told me not the same. That's the reason why i drove my 7950 so long. I really like how the titanium gears worked and now i have the same with a brushed motor who could give a more constant power. That's the reason why i felt stronger. I know that i will love the new performance from the first second. Now i did't have to think about overheating. Cool and always strong...Hitec: "...our revolutionary circuit and motor designs, the HSB-9XXX Series maintain their speed in a more consistent manner, regardless of load."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOKI-81 View Post
No,,littlebit weaker,, 34kg at 7.4V
But I want to know how mutch caster you run with and where I can buy those wheels... Gotta love those wheels....
Caster is not to much. Perhaps Drav Tech could made a set for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
It's not stronger but not far off either..

7950.. 486oz
9380.. 472oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravpnir View Post
Those wheels are the NCD 3 Spoke Cyclones.

Interesting servo solution. I will looking forward to hear how it works on the rocks.

Quote:
I do mean I read somewhere that it was faster than the 7950,,
I also have problems with my 7950 is overheating sometimes,,
then I just have to turn off the crawler and wait 5min untill is has cooled down,,
But I am about to make some changes with the electronics with the servo,,
I will only have the yellow signal wire going to the reciver and get the power directly from the battery with the bec,,also conect the + and - to the deans that I conect the battery with,, I dont see any reason to pull so many amps throug the little circut on the esc,,,
I am lacy,,should have done this before this season started,,,
But next season I will have it the way I want..Maby I even buy a 9380TH and a PAD,,, I will have 2,maby 3 more crawlers after this winter is gone so I can try the 9380 on my new axels
No it's not faster. It's slower. On the paper it's only 0,14sec / 60 degre to my old 7950 with 0,13sec / 60 degree. But don't forget the constant power the brushless servo will give you.

By the way If somebody would like to try out without the PAD he have to use the holmes hobbies bypass adapter and it's not enough to use only the yellow cable.
I tryed and it does't work.

Last edited by ZZR 1100 Racer; 12-08-2014 at 02:52 AM.
ZZR 1100 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #244
Pebble Pounder

hello, use your same servant with BEC and PAD directly connected to the RX. I could not do a lot of evidence for lack of time and poor weather. to obtain the maximum recommendations to feed separately with a battery 2S and delete the BEC?
murali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #245
RCC Addict

I don't know this for sure but I heard you can run your bec to the receiver (pull red wires from esc's) and plug the servo into the receiver with out the PAD and it will work. One of the guys from Calgary is running it this way with no issues. I have this servo at home and I will check tonight if that works or not.
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #246
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by murali View Post
to obtain the maximum recommendations to feed separately with a battery 2S and delete the BEC?
No i did't think you get more power, because that servo gives always the same power(6,0 or 7,4V). If you did't use a BEC you still work with 8,4V at the start but i think it's same power like 7,4V not more like some other brushless servos(HH). I only would like to try because i did't like to use the PAD, also i could get the generator technolgy and no BEC to use.

But now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
I don't know this for sure but I heard you can run your bec to the receiver (pull red wires from esc's) and plug the servo into the receiver with out the PAD and it will work. One of the guys from Calgary is running it this way with no issues. I have this servo at home and I will check tonight if that works or not.
... i think i have to go with that idea. Thanks Randy for posting - i tested and it still work fine at the moment. Tomorrow i hope to get the chance to make a winter testrun.

A positive result tomorrow will bring:
- no second lipo
- No PAD
- to use like a normal 7950 but...
- brushless technology
Old 12-13-2014, 01:10 AM   #247
Quarry Creeper

You have a NEW mail on Yahoo...

Last edited by pat13; 12-13-2014 at 01:14 AM.
pat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:33 AM   #248
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR 1100 Racer View Post
- no second lipo
- No PAD
- brushless technology
If you use a HH BLS HV400 Servo,you have the same result
The only question is if this servo would hold up your killer kind of steering
Tell me if you make another winter testrun,i have to do some testings too!!
Snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:04 AM   #249
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatch View Post
If you use a HH BLS HV400 Servo,you have the same result
The only question is if this servo would hold up your killer kind of steering
Tell me if you make another winter testrun,i have to do some testings too!!
That's right Chris, with the HH we could get the same and more because it's stronger and cheaper. But you are knowing as well how long i have to wait to get the Hitec...and now i will test. I really love my HH motors and perhaps i will change later the servo to HH. We will see, but first i will test that stuff

First testrun on real rocks is done and it hold up without any issues. I tryed with and without PAD and it still work fine I drove 5 very hard testcourses and i wondered because the new servo did't make me so happy because my subjektive feeling said that i could't drive same sensible at difficult situations like my brushed one. Perhaps that first feeling is not right and i only have to accustom to the new kind of servo. I drove so much hours only with my 7950 and never tryed a different one perhaps i have to test more to be able to write more. Perhaps i could program it more sensible, but at the Moment i could't do because that part isn't available since february.

Tomorrow i will test one time more, but not the same way. I will test the difference like always - on the rocks and not at home. After each course i will change the servo and run again. That's the best way to found out the difference - same course but different servos.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #250
Rock Crawler

Quote:

- no second lipo
- No PAD
- brushless technology
I was running this way, for some time with my Futaba BLS Servo, but issue if you run direct to your RX with the BEC, if your Servo take to much current ( my one does it in extrem situations) your BEC will turn off, and your RX isn`t under power and your connection is lost, and will come back after your BEC reboot again.... for this time you can`t run your motors....
racer_zh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #251
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_zh View Post
I was running this way, for some time with my Futaba BLS Servo, but issue if you run direct to your RX with the BEC, if your Servo take to much current ( my one does it in extrem situations) your BEC will turn off, and your RX isn`t under power and your connection is lost, and will come back after your BEC reboot again.... for this time you can`t run your motors....
Thank's Manu for the info and it's true. One time i recogniced exactly the theme you wrote up, but not with the brushless, it happens with the 7950.

My second testrun with the brushless Hitec is done for the moment and it felt better than the first testrun, but the feeling was not same sensitive enough to kick my old 50'. Difference is minimal, but i recogniced and don't love that point. Perhaps the DPC-10 could help, but at the moment it's not available in our country. Neverthless i will test the brushless more times, because I like how strong it still works and i would like to see how good it will hold up.

The second part i tested at the moment is the HS-8380TH. The product manager of Hitec told me, that they use the same motor like the old 7950. The 8385 seem's to be the same, but it's different because the dead point is larger and also not same sensible like the 80'. You only can't program these servos, but the question is If you need to do that? To answer myself that question i ordered a programmtool for the 50' but now i think the original parameters seems to be very good for the things we want to do with and nobody have to change to get a good working servo.

...Merry Christmas to all of you...
Old 12-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #252
RCC Addict

Merry Christmas to you too Stephan..... Thanks again for the great information on these servos.
ClassiCutCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #253
Rock Crawler

Merry X-Mas all around,,
PS,, I got the 7950 on my xr10 axels and it overheats very quick these days,, dont know why,,
I got a 8380 with some dlux superlites I bought used,,And the 8380 seem very capable,,,
I think I will have the 8380 in the superlites for a while just to check it out and compare it to my 7950....
Old 02-13-2015, 09:36 PM   #254
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Default ZZR's...now it's a REMEDY 3.5

Got my new servo mounts from C.W. Crawlers and i'm very happy with that compable parts! Great stuff Calvin!
Old 02-14-2015, 05:58 AM   #255
Rock Crawler

where did you find the motorplate in carbonfiber???
Old 02-15-2015, 01:55 PM   #256
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Quote:
where did you find the motorplate in carbonfiber???
A friend in germany made it for me
Old 03-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #257
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Two years before i changed my VP motorplates to CF one's and i did not have any issues with them. Now i replaced them and i also thought about to start selling them as a vendor. But some days before i saw robbob's post and now the idea is gone, but no problem at all. I wish the best to him and here is the link. Krazed Builds - Carbon Fiber XR10 Motor/Gear Plates

Great product and the XR 10 guys will love them! Also very good manual and a nice price!

The parts for mine:

Last edited by ZZR 1100 Racer; 03-20-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:58 PM   #258
Quarry Creeper

Gotta show some pics of the rig with new gear on
stankulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:43 PM   #259
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by stankulas View Post
Gotta show some pics of the rig with new gear on
I agree. It's time for an update Stephan
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:01 PM   #260
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
I agree. It's time for an update Stephan
And of the servo mount
Quote:
Got my new servo mounts from C.W. Crawlers and i'm very happy with that compable parts! Great stuff Calvin!
pat13 is offline   Reply With Quote

ZZR's...now it's a REMEDY 3.5 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*** your remedy 3.5 *** BDN Chassis and Suspension 123 08-14-2016 04:46 PM
ZZR's Shafty...NCD's SuDu one FL ZZR 1100 Racer Axial AX-10 Scorpion 178 03-14-2015 12:57 PM
2003EDGE's Remedy 3.5! 2003EDGE Axial XR10 21 07-09-2014 01:01 PM