Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: ZZR's...now it's a REMEDY 3.5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2015, 04:18 PM   #281
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: ZZR's...now it's a REMEDY 3.5

Hmmm.. Since the 500's came out, back when I ran the SMASH, I've cut them that way. Only for the 400 & 500 puller's tho.

If the opening, not the cut out, is towards the axle, that's what set of axles they are for.. :thumbsup:

Yes yes, some Dlux superlites for a European Remedy build, sounds Amazing! ;)
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2015, 04:35 AM   #282
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Yes yes, some Dlux superlites for a European Remedy build, sounds Amazing! ;)
thanks for info´s and time will tell...I still have one remedy chassies left in my drawer since worlds. I thought it will be a good idea to have one for spare, but the problem is you could´t break the remedy and now i don´t need for replacement and free for whatever...
ZZR 1100 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:13 PM   #283
I wanna be Dave

I was a BIG advocate of the Gens Ace 450s. I think I may have been only the 2nd person using them before they became popular. I told everyone about how great they were... did comparisons on video...etc. Once a bunch of people had them, several began having trouble with them. Then mine fell flat after a year all at the same time. Not sure if something happened with quality control for a while or what... but I switched then.

May have to give them another chance.

Good looking truck. You'd never guess it came from the North Carolina hills
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #284
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Thanks Harvo. I thought they are worth to give them a chance. I also know people who did have issues with them, but the most of them also had themes with batteries from other companys...so, perhaps it's up to them and not the company who did't make good quality. I also blow up a lot of different names of batteries, but all of them i kill myself and not the company did make a mistake. Time will tell how good the are, but last weekend they did have a lot of punch and i like the performance they gave me. Hope to meet you Harvo also in september in person...

Here is one more little pic from Winner's guards...

Today i visited a good friend, because we would like to train a little bit, but the weather was really bad and it rains the hole day. Because we have nothing to do we changed the position of my new BEC i installed some weeks before. Last position was on top of the HH mini's on board of RR-elektronicmount but i like the place under the servo which i used the last years also much more. That's the reason why we eliminated the condensate. Never had any issue with that mod.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2015, 03:35 AM   #285
Rock Crawler

a fine place to "hide" the bec..
someone use the little space under the servo to hide the bec,,
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #286
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Default ZZR's...now it's a REMEDY 3.5

Little update...

-changed my oilite bushings

- replaced my old EGRESSor shock's to a set from RCbros and first time i made the capmode. I'm really impressed how much better they work with the new housings and the mod.
- also changed my rearsprings from soft to extra soft
- but preload my springs more than before. I did have seen(touched) Jake's rig and looked his setup at worlds and i liked how it performed. Now the rig work smoother and gates with higher edges i could now clear more easy because springs are more preload.
-than i put more(2mm) inner boudery into the front shocks. That give me more forward bias and also good at tricky sidehilling gates
-also installed the nice little parts from notch eight designz
- sometimes(normally i drive forward) i recogniced some rocks are hanging in with my front shocks. That's the reason why i installed my rearslider from BmachineRC in front. Also i installed my special wider version at the rear i got from Bruce at worlds. That new part is cool because my used spacers could go and the slider could work like it planed.

Last edited by ZZR 1100 Racer; 05-09-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:51 PM   #287
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Bam!
Old 07-14-2015, 12:58 PM   #288
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Some special goodies hiding inside those
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #289
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Some special goodies hiding inside those
John, what is spécial ? Are they 5 slot ? No.?
pat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:24 PM   #290

If I recall correctly:

5 slot 1/2 pitch skew rotor
16t X heavy wire
epoxy balance
specific magnet strength and airgap, tuned to the 5 slot rotor
Old 07-14-2015, 02:00 PM   #291
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
If I recall correctly:

5 slot 1/2 pitch skew rotor
16t X heavy wire
epoxy balance
specific magnet strength and airgap, tuned to the 5 slot rotor
i want same motors
Old 07-14-2015, 03:12 PM   #292
Pebble Pounder

i need those motors!!!
very nice!
jason1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:12 PM   #293

Just because we have had multiple people wanting these over the past few days, here ya go!

Holmes Hobbies LLC

Also enabled 11t winds in the Team 500s, since there seem to be a growing number of folks that reaaaaaallly want that after seeing some team drivers with em.

Holmes Hobbies LLC

The images on the site are not totally up to date. They all feature the dark black cans now, and not the lighter grey.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:36 PM   #294
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just because we have had multiple people wanting these over the past few days, here ya go!

Holmes Hobbies LLC

Also enabled 11t winds in the Team 500s, since there seem to be a growing number of folks that reaaaaaallly want that after seeing some team drivers with em.

Holmes Hobbies LLC

The images on the site are not totally up to date. They all feature the dark black cans now, and not the lighter grey.
That's awesome John!

That just saved ya a email when I get home.. Lol

I love my 11t's! XX fill..

Time for one in the sporty 400!
Old 07-19-2015, 02:08 PM   #295
Stephan Hauser / # 7

The last days i trained a little bit for my most loved comp, french nats called"BIG".

After testing my new 5 slots 400 pullers i'm very happy with!!
The new motors still work so buttersmooth at startup and they also have power with the thick cans - fantastic!! After the first day i changed my HH minisetup from a smooth curve to a straight line. I went with a curve with my old 30t/400 m, because i felt more save in difficult situation, but now i did't need anymore. After these training days my drivingstyle changed a little bit, because it's more easy to clear difficult and sensible lines and gates. You simple think and drive different...and here different is good...

I have to say BIG thank's to Holmes Hobbies to figured always cool thing's like this little bastards out for the people who are looking for the best performance.

For the people who are thinking only the driver make's the game, i think different - the best driver could't show all if the motor/heart does't knock perfect...look for the good drivers and you will see they did't have shit in the middle or axles...

Taste a matched pair and enjoy the smooth power they will give you on course!
Old 08-07-2015, 11:07 AM   #296
I wanna be Dave

Hmmmmm... Let's protect those Beautiful 400's!!!
Old 08-08-2015, 07:24 AM   #297
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Fantastic, Troy! Interesting how much time shipping will take. Last one from USA took a loooong. Ask Bob from Krazed builds...f...... German postal service...

O.k - some words about my last competition in france - french nats/BIG. First i have to say thank's to the ORGA! It was the best comp in europe i ever started with tuff but fair courses. Very international style with 10 gates and 3 bonus and only 5 minutes time to run - same like worlds 2014. Also i count only two bonusgates which are not possible to clear in 7courses and also final. ALL other gates are possible to clear or straddle = *******

The groupmodus we done one time more worked more than good!
42 drivers on 7 courses in round about 7 hours = *******

Ahh, my result - i'm happy with, because i trained not enough this year and took the unliked 4th. I made some stupid mistakes - forgot one bonus, don't recognised two bounderylines and have to take repo. Also two(!!!!) rollovers at final and not cool nice performance...to nervous...mmmhhh.....

...but, it does't really matter because i did have so much(perhaps a little bit to much) fun with my french friends!!! Best BIG ever - great courses and party!!!

Some impressions:

Supercrawlman...good to see you back in game Fred...craaaazzzzyyy

Final course. Not the best run, but -28

Little BIG video

I also got some very cool new parts from Krazed Builds. Bob figured out something special for a XR10/RCBros guy like me. I did have seen his heavy weight hangers for berg and i asked him if he could make me similar part to put inside the wheels from 20-90 g each side with low cog. After two weeks he got the remedy i show now. Thank's a lot Bob and i could tell you it works fantastic - i tested today with 4 tungsten weights(14g each) and will try next days with 5 and 6 also. The holder is also very flex to fix - you could put it more up or more down like the wheels give clearence. Here i show with CI wheels, because a lot of drivers go with this version. With Krazed Builds snowflakes etc. it's also possible to use. Really cool part and much better specially for difficult situations in sidehilling as my old sytem.

At last i have to thank:

-holmes hobbies for the great motors they figured out for the community. They really performed great at the first comp they have seen(better as owner).So smooth...makes so much fun to comp with...
-homes hobbies for Esc mini's - i love the morepower they give
-BmachineRC for the best chassies on earth - always saved and awsome performance
- Gensace for the great lipos. No issue and always enough power for the little bastards from HH

Thank's also to Magz for the pictures and pop's it for the BIG funvideo!!!

Last edited by ZZR 1100 Racer; 08-21-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:46 AM   #298
Quarry Creeper

Hey stéphan
You always have good parts
Im very happy to see you last week end.
Very cool week end for the Big
how many grammes are your old weight on the picture
Old 08-08-2015, 08:20 AM   #299
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Yes, we have some cool days together on the BIG rocks! You performed better than me - congrats for the 2th and also french champion!

I drove since 3 years with round about 55-57g. If i now use 4 tungsten it's 62g. If i will feel i need more(perhaps with narrowed tires) i could stick one or two more inside. Than it goes up to 76 or 91 g. Today i tryed new golden Voodoo's out of the box size only with less pins i finished last night and they performed very well with the CI's i got from fanaticRC.com...FAT tires rocks(for me)!
Old 08-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #300
Custom Carbon Fiber

Happy to hear they fit and worked out for ya - really appreciated the chance to help with it.

Congrats on the Nationals -
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote

ZZR's...now it's a REMEDY 3.5 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*** your remedy 3.5 *** BDN Chassis and Suspension 123 08-14-2016 04:46 PM
ZZR's Shafty...NCD's SuDu one FL ZZR 1100 Racer Axial AX-10 Scorpion 178 03-14-2015 12:57 PM
2003EDGE's Remedy 3.5! 2003EDGE Axial XR10 21 07-09-2014 01:01 PM