Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Cormier33's CC Smash Build "TEAM OTTSIX Post Season Build Off" official entry thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

It's the big bores.. Throw eek out and get some scx shocks!

I think the pic on post #57 is the setup ur looking for. Is the big bores that make it sit so high.
Limiting big boys is a hard option/idea, for me.. They are already a tall yet limited articulation shock. IMO..

My skid was/is level with the ground at ride height. Nothing wrong with that.

I like the front shocks up a hole, compared to Tom's. Then again I'm running the uppers in the middle hole of the link mount F/R
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Cormier33's CC Smash Build "TEAM OTTSIX Post Season Build Off" official entry thr

Thanks for the feedback Troy. I will keep working at it.

Also, airtronics seems quite hard to get around here. I can't find one LHS that carries their products. So, seeing as how I may need an extra Rx in a pinch, I think I would prefer a futaba or spektrum. Looking at either the futaba 4pk or the spektrum dx4r. Anyone have any input?
cormier33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Cormier33's CC Smash Build "TEAM OTTSIX Post Season Build Off" official entry thr

Hey all,

No further progress to date. Still waiting on electronics and trying to settle on a Tx. I figured I would add a couple flex pics and some steering articulation.....I know, I know....as if we haven't seen enough of those..haha
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

May want to limit that artic to around a tire height.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Oh yeah? Advantages/Disadvantages? (I ask as a newb) ;)

Also, I'm excited to get my RR stuff I ordered a couple weeks ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
May want to limit that artic to around a tire height.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier33 View Post
Oh yeah? Advantages/Disadvantages? (I ask as a newb) ;)

Also, I'm excited to get my RR stuff I ordered a couple weeks ago!
Short answer too much flex will flip you over unpredictably.

I'm sure those hosers at customs are sitting on your parts.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

I liked the articulation in mine crazy like ur's.
It was like a snake slinking over the rocks.
Mine was lower slung then ur's, as I used the scx shocks and only had a ride height of 2½"...

I think you would benefit from no cap mod or reverse cap mod in the front and running ur shocks forward a hole in the chassis, with ur shocks up right.
That would get you better geo and limit a little if that articulation out. Without having to limit it shocks, which limits ur ground clearance.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

I like a slinky setup too but it has to be low and it has to be semi droop so you can get over crests as needed but get the belly on the rocks when you are going vert. I think that holds true regardless of chassis pretty much. It is possible your shocks are just too long for this chassis to work optimally. Beautiful build.
MountainStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Quick question guys, I have the SLW hubs as you see. I have the 850's up front and the 725's in the back. Am I way out to lunch with these sizes? Do I need to change them? If so, why?

Also, my DLUX Fab width spacers are only 3/8" wide, causing slight crowning of the Voodoo tires. I'm not sure if I should get some wider spacers? Or if what I have is acceptable....

Last edited by cormier33; 07-10-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Personally, I prefer 1" wide wheels with stock VooDoos and 6" CI comp cut foams. That combo seems to fill the tire out perfectly both in height and width.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:19 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Personally, I prefer 1" wide wheels with stock VooDoos and 6" CI comp cut foams. That combo seems to fill the tire out perfectly both in height and width.

I have the 6" CI foams and VooDoo's so maybe 1" wide would be the way to go. So, just to clarify, is that a 1" spacer, or 1" overall?

Also, are my SLW hub sizes way off?
Old 07-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Well, I run actual SLW 1" wheels (bead seats are 7/8"), so I'm not sure what you have to do to your CF ones.

Most drivers are running anywhere from 10.5 to 11" up front and 10.25 to 10.75 in the rear, so whatever you have to do to get your width to those measurements.

I'm running 11" front and 10.5" rear on both the Switch and the shafty, but basically everyone has their own preferences.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

I run a 3 piece wheel on my rigs and the small spacer between my face an outer bead ring is ". My long side is ½" long.. So yeah, ur a little more then Alot narrow...
Jump on McMaster-Carr for some " hex aluminum spacer's..

As for ur hubs. I use to run .450 & .600 hubs when I ran VP hubs.
Now I run Lattice Innovations "Shift" hubs on Everything.. 4 hubs and spacer's, to make Any offset you want, for the price of 2 pair of VP hubs..

Anywho.. Flat face or 2 piece wheels are about ¼" different then a Slw hub that you would use.

Just go with the measurements from the post above and post up how wide ur track width is. Outside of tire to outside of tire. Measuring across the tire as it sits on the ground/table/bench..
Old 07-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

I'm loving my Shifts. Rock solid engagement. I've got 1" SLW rims with Shifts all around and same spacing (one thick spacer) all around and I like it. Shaved Rovers here. DooDoos would be the shit. One of these days...
MountainStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:21 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

So what's the word on this. Comp weekend coming up on the 27th. Sounds like a great chance to bring to ioco and on the big rocks? Also have you switche to some scx10 shocks yet? If you want to try a pair for comparison I have an extra set.
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:25 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for all the info guys. I ordered some wider spacers for my wheels to get to the 1" mark. I will experiment a bit with my hubs and shocks after I actually get a chance to get this thing moving under its own power

Billy D, I am waiting on electronics and a Tx which won't be much longer. But won't be ready for the comp this weekend. Thanks for the offer to let me try the scx shocks. I may take you up on it when I can. Make it out one weekend.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Well you should pop out and meet everyone on Sunday if you can. They are a fantastic group that helps each other out with no bs and support each other with no questions. I could not of asked for a better group to hep me through the learning curves either tuning or driving they have all been fantastic. Keep us updated on the build
Old 07-23-2014, 02:17 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
I'm sure those hosers at customs are sitting on your parts.
just noticed this lol

They came in last week and are of exceptional quality as we have all come to expect
Old 07-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
Well you should pop out and meet everyone on Sunday if you can. They are a fantastic group that helps each other out with no bs and support each other with no questions. I could not of asked for a better group to hep me through the learning curves either tuning or driving they have all been fantastic. Keep us updated on the build
Depending on what ferry I catch back from the island, I may try to pop by with my son. 0830 start time right?
Old 07-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

yes we start at 830 and we run scale in he afternoon till about 3-330 and then some of the guys train in the bush till the early evening. If you don't know where it is exactly shoot me a message and we can direct you there.

Cormier33's CC Smash Build "TEAM OTTSIX Post Season Build Off" official entry thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hittman's SMASH Build Hittman Axial XR10 994 02-28-2015 09:21 AM
Chaotic Smash/Dlux Superlite axle build thread Chaotic Crawlers EnRoute Berg 146 04-21-2014 08:43 AM
***Paystin go Smash*** paystin Axial XR10 136 02-10-2014 08:43 PM
Ricky's Smash Build... Ricky G EnRoute Berg 15 09-05-2013 10:49 PM
Electronics smash showtime90 Axial XR10 8 05-20-2013 09:49 PM