RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial XR10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/)
-   -   OTTSIX narrow tire ? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/463901-ottsix-narrow-tire.html)

CrawlrKing 09-30-2013 06:32 AM

OTTSIX narrow tire ?

After seeing all those tires being narrowed in several threads, shouldn't we ask if OTTSIX can offer a narrow version directly ? Would it be a problem to develop such a design ? Too pricey ? Just asking.

SkaldidDog 09-30-2013 08:03 AM

Re: OTTSIX narrow tire ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrawlrKing (Post 4495739)
After seeing all those tires being narrowed in several threads, shouldn't we ask if OTTSIX can offer a narrow version directly ? Would it be a problem to develop such a design ? Too pricey ? Just asking.

Given that folks will always modify what they buy, it begs the question why not let them use the current version as a starting point instead of investing a ton of money in a different starting point.

My $0.02.

J

mammoth 09-30-2013 08:17 AM

I think you leave well enough alone as SkaldidDog has said. The fact that we have a crawler specific tire that wasn't funded by a big corporation and is kicking ass and have seen them modified by most but not all exactly the same I think they are good to go. I have trimmed my pins but I think a narrow set will be in my future. Done by me once I get another set.

Hittman 09-30-2013 12:18 PM

It would be awesome but much too pricey. The molds are very very expensive. Like said above, I think they are a great starting point for modding. They work aweskme in stock form as well, people just modify them to fit their needs.

SkaldidDog 09-30-2013 12:37 PM

It's a lot easier and cheaper to make a tall, fat tire short and narrow than vice versa. Call it luck or genius, Matt nailed the V1. Don't change it. And please don't change the compounds.

J

Curcal 09-30-2013 05:51 PM

Now all he need to offer is a tire option with a bigger lug.... sedona esk.... thats the only thing you cant do with these tires yet.

stelerzman 09-30-2013 07:48 PM

Maybe one could cut the pins off and glue them back as they wanted to reinforce the carcus in any specific pattern. As Joel stated in not so many words, it's up to the personal preference of a particular driver and what works for them in a certain location. "thumbsup"
Some like a narrowed tire, some like a wider or standered tire, IMO Voodoo's are a very good tire to tune and modify if choosen to do so by the purchaser. Mod a way.

laalaa 10-01-2013 01:40 PM

I already asket Mr. ottsix that if there is narrow voodoos coming, but as Hittman already told, mold costs are so high that home made narrowing is our way to do it. But who knows what future brings for us...

And what comes for bigger lugs, I like them too;-)
http://forums.offipalsta.com/picture...ctureid=137048

SkaldidDog 10-02-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curcal (Post 4496413)
Now all he need to offer is a tire option with a bigger lug.... sedona esk.... thats the only thing you cant do with these tires yet.

Oh yes you can. Wear out a set, sand off the remaining lugs after you've marked lug spacing on the sidewalls, glue on whatever lugs you like. The easier way is to replace the Sedona side walls with Silvers or Gold sidewalls. Options abound....

J

Weekend Crawler 12-08-2013 02:29 AM

How do you tune the narrowed tires? From my experience it's much harder to get the foams right because of the decease in contact area.

Harvo 12-08-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weekend Crawler (Post 4579485)
How do you tune the narrowed tires? From my experience it's much harder to get the foams right because of the decease in contact area.

Nah. Just narrow the foam accordingly and the work. "thumbsup"

redsawacs 12-08-2013 10:43 AM

this tread is annoying....pay attention, I will lay down the law

ALL VENDORS SHOULD AND WILL OFFER EVERY OPTION REQUESTED BY ANY CUSTOMER NO MATTER THE COST TO THEM.....PERIOD!

Reds has spoken, long live Red!:lmao:

Solitaire 12-08-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Last edited by redsawacs; Today at 09:44 AM. Reason: so no one thinks I am serious
I don't think there was any fear of that. :mrgreen:

chevotafun 12-09-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsawacs (Post 4579822)
this tread is annoying....pay attention, I will lay down the law

ALL VENDORS SHOULD AND WILL OFFER EVERY OPTION REQUESTED BY ANY CUSTOMER NO MATTER THE COST TO THEM.....PERIOD!

Reds has spoken, long live Red!:lmao:

Beside with guys like Everetty making such killer narrowed tire for the same cost as buying a new set why would they bother making a narrowed set "thumbsup"

OFFROADRCKOREA 12-12-2013 05:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of my korean buddies removed all the pins on a blue tire and replaced them with gold pins. Even took some tread from another tire and added. Took him 7 hours haha.

Attachment 265284

Thanks,
ORK

crawl-o-matic 12-12-2013 10:32 PM

That would take me 7 hrs PER tire"thumbsup"

jado6006 12-17-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic (Post 4586393)
That would take me 7 hrs PER tire"thumbsup"

No shit there! I had a small stroke just lookin at that pic!:shock:

scomck5 12-17-2013 06:24 PM

I run narrowed VOODOO's with no pin removal ... must say awesome tire Thanks Matt"thumbsup" Cold,Ice,Snow,Sand nothing slows this compound down :flipoff: Best production tire out there :twisted:

crawl-o-matic 12-17-2013 06:33 PM

Thanks bud!

scomck5 12-17-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic (Post 4592072)
Thanks bud!

No Sir...Thank You "thumbsup"
Credit were credit is due.;-)