Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: 10 year Tribute Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2018, 05:20 PM   #241
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 10 year Tribute Build

Good to see that somebody hasn’t given up on the ol XR’s. I’ll be following
bmangdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2018, 11:00 PM   #242
Quarry Creeper

Finally got a chance to pick up new pinions. Should I go with the 13 tooth or the 14 tooth? I'm not sure how these new Holmes 13turn motors are going to react throughout their range. I have a feeling that they are going to be full of torque on the bottom and super fast at top end. My driving style is more focused on smooth instead of "Rip, Tear, and Hope". Since parts for XR are getting difficult to find, I try to avoid pushing the limits and risk breakage. I do have the RC4WD gears, bushing instead of small bearing, and the 2 bolt mod on the rear. I'm thinking the 13 tooth is going to be the best between the two. I like more "low and slow" instead of massive wheel speed. My diffs have a fair amount of slop, so I want to keep the shock of unloading and loading at high speed to a minimum. Anybody experienced with these exciting motors agree or suggest something different?? I'm actually wondering if a 12 tooth would be a better choice based on the motors and how I drive.
Got a couple new batteries for practice time also. Yay!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
jollyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:12 PM   #243
Quarry Creeper

Well,,,,, I bolted in the new Holmes motors and plugged in the new electronics. Immediately during bench testing I was met with a obvious problem in the front axle. The transmission was super grindy, rough, and loud. Upon teardown I found a ball from a bearing embedded in the main gear. I haven't even driven this thing for a long time and it sure didn't sound like this the last time I ran it. I have a few extra gears, some new some used and a lightly used spare slider chassis. I could have easily pieced together a good set, but I decided to go with a new set from Hot Racing since they are still available on this planet. I also ordered a new bearing kit from Fast Eddie, so everything will be nice and fresh. My only worry is that I didn't get a new pack of Traxxas bushings for the weak little upper bearing. I'm hoping the bushings I have are still in good condition. Next update will hopefully be a successful rebuild and an initial review of a return to the rocks!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
jollyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:57 AM   #244

I'm so afraid to drive! and I'm afraid of the road and other drivers! I'm not sure I can handle it. especially when you all lead not according to the rules then I'm afraid I will rasterise perfectly on the road and I don't know how to behave kong spiele 
!
Glayds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conflict mod

10 year Tribute Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New year build off!!!! oleminer North Dakota 24 11-26-2012 11:41 AM
Its a new year..Serious build change wkcrawler4me HPI Wheely King 6 10-04-2009 07:55 AM
Axial Dorkstar tribute build ecoli Axial AX-10 Scorpion 26 03-26-2008 04:29 PM
Trying to Build one again after a year and half away..got questions 86ss1 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 5 05-03-2007 11:38 AM
Crawler Build Off This Year???? procrawler-wannabe Chit Chat 25 01-04-2006 01:13 PM