Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: 10 year Tribute Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2014, 08:48 AM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 10 year Tribute Build

its working for sure

I didn't see the front tires wrap at all tho . mite do softer foams in them

yes I ran a front vp mount as well
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #122
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Tell ya the truth, it's hard to tell the difference in the video's.
What I can tell, is the rig is working!
the tiny, minor adjustments are goin to only be able to be felt by you at this point. IMO
You will only know by running pack after pack.

I know, for me, once I got mine into proper crawling setup, but not yet "final" tuning. I ran 15-20 packs thru the same lines. Then after talking to JD and explaining how it was running, acting, and reacting, could I make another change. To the point of tuning, that simply moving my rear shocks forward one whole, landed me in my final setup.
I was having issues with one climb. The front was lifting. After moving the shocks forward, it gave enough forward bite with my setup to climb..

They are only the little things ur goin to notice and be able to tell the difference in.
Wait, I'm confused. I had my rear shocks on top row forward and laid down. I may have misread the previous couple posts. I thought I needed to move back a hole and stand rear up. I may should have left them where they were. I have made this climb a couple of times before, but couldn't yesterday due to front lifting. I'm just gonna have to work backwards a bit. Knew I should have stuck to just the link change first and then fiddle with shocks. "One change at a time Glen, one change at a time." April 20 attempt.: http://youtu.be/jxNNidsq04U I prolly would have made it had i used rear motor right. I've got it set to 10% increments, but I think I need to adjust my curve. Ugh, more programing for my simple brain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
jollyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:17 PM   #123
I wanna be Dave

No no, I was in the middle hole with my rear shocks. I had to move a hole forward.
It was suggested, you move a hole back.. You got it right.

Cough cough, I'm pretty sure someone(if not 2 someone's) mentioned, ONE change at a time Glen..... ;)
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No no, I was in the middle hole with my rear shocks. I had to move a hole forward.
It was suggested, you move a hole back.. You got it right.

Cough cough, I'm pretty sure someone(if not 2 someone's) mentioned, ONE change at a time Glen..... ;)
Haha! I let my guard down and let myself make too many changes at once. Dangit. Here's where it's at now. Haven't hit my practice spot, so I don't know how it's gonna act. I should notice instantly, I've crawled these bluffs many times. Did well before I messed with shock position. Back to where I was. Link angles look alright? Wanting a rear Calderwood link mount. Not sure if it's going to help, but I want to try and Sam's work is so badass. Opinions?
Don't mind my panel covers. Camo duct tape. I don't care right now. I got a design in my head, just need someone to do it affordable.

Sent from a device I've used on the toilet.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:23 AM   #125
Quarry Creeper

I went to my practice spot here on the farm. Still not making lines I've done before. Seems to want to lift and flip backwards. I forgot my tools, (not to mention uppers at chassis are a bit@h to change on rocks due to my electronics.) just moved my upper fronts down a hole at the chassis. I gotta chase my old setup and move from there. Should have ran it like it was after I installed my Calderwood front link. Am I going the total wrong direction? Should I have moved rears instead?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:43 PM   #126
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjeeper View Post
I went to my practice spot here on the farm. Still not making lines I've done before. Seems to want to lift and flip backwards. I forgot my tools, (not to mention uppers at chassis are a bit@h to change on rocks due to my electronics.) just moved my upper fronts down a hole at the chassis. I gotta chase my old setup and move from there. Should have ran it like it was after I installed my Calderwood front link. Am I going the total wrong direction? Should I have moved rears instead?

Well, I'm still not there. Did my front links to the hole one from the bottom. I think I may move to top holes. Here's a waste of video. I've made this line before. It seems like the front won't settle and I've got no front downforce. I also need to work on my rear throttle curve. My rears don't kick in until about half throttle. Seems too abrupt and not easing in under partial throttle. I've got the rear set at 10% increments. Back to programing nightmares. I sure screwed up. Chasing a setup. Nope.: http://youtu.be/YiHJJt4kv4w Close: http://youtu.be/_oCqVCNXN-k

Old 04-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #127
Quarry Creeper

Any help? ^^

Old 04-24-2014, 09:03 PM   #128
I wanna be Dave

so u don't need my help any more
Old 04-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Go back to ur setup and change ONE thing at a time.. ;)

What esc's and tx/rx are you using again?
Old 04-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #130
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
so u don't need my help any more
Absolutely need your help. I was trying a little of this and a little of that. I couldn't really see your pics real well on my tablet, so I took what I thought I knew and what I thought your setup was. This is where my setup is now. My problems started when I went with adjustable front mount. Winner, I'm running dual micro sidewinder, bec, and a 4pl.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjeeper View Post
Winner, I'm running dual micro sidewinder, bec, and a 4pl.
I see ur problem that you speak of with the rear motor!
It starts with Micro and ends with Sidewinder....
Old 04-24-2014, 09:32 PM   #132
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I see ur problem that you speak of with the rear motor!
It starts with Micro and ends with Sidewinder....
Haha. I know there's a little more dialing that can be done to help. I own these until they quit. Holmes will be next. (and a servo), I'm running the cheapest servo you've ever seen. Still holding up.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #133
I wanna be Dave

mover the rear upper up another hole

I tried the rear shocks there as well but I thought it made it to soft .
I ran mini t silvers
an mrc silvers as far as springs an I ran the rear shocks stood up one more hole but some ran them there but I thought it was to soft
Old 04-25-2014, 09:09 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

if you want call me real fast
Old 04-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #135
Quarry Creeper

Weather permitting, I'm going to my first comp tomorrow. Excited and a little nervous. I went back to the stock location on front axle with my uppers. I'm sticking with the one change at a time rule. I've been chasing a setup I already had, so I'm hoping to get results I'm familiar with.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #136
Quarry Creeper

The weather was perfect and I got to run my first comp. It was awesome! Met some great guys with the River City Rock Crawlers based in St Louis. I came in 5th out of 6. My first two courses went good, but I got nervous for some reason on the third and final course. Truck felt great. Lowered my front uppers to stock on axle. It seemed neutral and natural. Here's a video of my second course. Nothing impressive, but I'm pleased. 1st comp course 2.: http://youtu.be/pXawxYzRWIw

Old 04-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #137
I wanna be Dave

didn't look to bad man . slow down threw the gates an look out for the green balls lol.

what did you think of that setup an how did it fill to you
Old 04-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #138
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
didn't look to bad man . slow down threw the gates an look out for the green balls lol.

what did you think of that setup an how did it fill to you
Thanks. I was nervous. Time was not my friend. I had to skip all the bonuses because I was struggling.
Setup felt great. Was different Rock than I'm used to, so it worked. It's rained since Sunday, so haven't been on my home Rock yet to see how it feels. (natural, layered limestone).

Old 04-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #139
I wanna be Dave

you need to start by
don't worry about finishing
get the gates clean

do this an you will find you will pick up more cleared gated every time you comp
it will come my friend

the rig should feel the same on your rock just may or may not work as well

now that you have found a happy point do small things one at a time .
I used to rite down my setup when I found a good point so I could always go back to it if I didn't like changes I did.

the setup I gave you may not be the best everywhere but it will work anywhere an be ok. now make very small adjustments to not what it did so you will no what the change did an when you get to a place an it not the best you will no what to change to make it better .

I hope this has been helpful for you an glade I could do my part .
im not crawling rite now but ill still help you with any chaotic chasis you have
Old 04-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #140
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the words Slowride. I think I'm close on setup for my driving style. It's amazing how slight, ever so small changes can drastically alter the chararistics of a rig. If I'm thinking this through, I think I want to raise rear uppers at axle. Going higher in the front took away grip. I figure if I take away from the rear, it'll help the front where all the magic happens. I'll be hitting up Calderwood for one of his sweet mounts for the rear axle. I hate not utilizing the front mount I got from Sam, because it's so freaking pretty.
On another topic, does everybody agree to shave my Rovers? They are siped, but not shaved. I'm currently running memory foam, but will be ordering some C.I. foams. Thinking 5.5's, medium and soft. I'm just under 5lbs. Sound about right guys?

Tags
conflict mod

10 year Tribute Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New year build off!!!! oleminer North Dakota 24 11-26-2012 11:41 AM
Its a new year..Serious build change wkcrawler4me HPI Wheely King 6 10-04-2009 07:55 AM
Axial Dorkstar tribute build ecoli Axial AX-10 Scorpion 26 03-26-2008 04:29 PM
Trying to Build one again after a year and half away..got questions 86ss1 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 5 05-03-2007 11:38 AM
Crawler Build Off This Year???? procrawler-wannabe Chit Chat 25 01-04-2006 01:13 PM