Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Ytown secret agent 3.5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Ytown secret agent 3.5

So I ordered a chaotic switch delrin that I found on ckrc for a pretty good deal. What they sent me was a secret agent 3.5 carbon fiber chassis. Couple of questions. First I have read a little on it and the agent seems to be a good chassis but it looks a little fragile and more compact. So the first question is am I going to have to smash my electronics to fit anything in it. Secondly I kind of was buying that delrin switch cause it looked really tough and seemed to have enough room for a tekin fxr, punk dig and spectrum receiver without much issue. I'm not concerned about weight cause I'm not going to comp it. Again that's kinda of the reason I was looking at the delrin cause it looked like you could bash it pretty hard. Now the plus is I got the 3.5 for pretty darn cheap. So should I keep it or try to get the switch? I kind of think that ckrc didn't have the switch in stock even though the y showed that they did and just sent me this instead. I never received an email from them saying anything about sending me an agent in place of it. Decisions. Decisions. If anybody has some shots of their electronics set up in one of these I would appreciate it.
Dhallmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Ytown secret agent 3.5

One thing I forgot to add. Didn't want it to sound like I was trying to get one over on ckrc. I'm going to call them and let them know what happened. I'll either pay the difference or send it back. My guess is they may just tell me to keep it.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

The secret agent is a great chassis and you do not have to worry about it breaking.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Cool. But now I've got this fancy chassis and all my plain Jain parts make it look dull so I'm gonna have to throw more money at it!
Old 02-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhallmark View Post
Cool. But now I've got this fancy chassis and all my plain Jain parts make it look dull so I'm gonna have to throw more money at it!
Have fun with it!
Old 02-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
So I ordered a chaotic switch delrin that I found on **** for a pretty good deal. What they sent me was a secret agent 3.5 carbon fiber chassis. Couple of questions. First I have read a little on it and the agent seems to be a good chassis but it looks a little fragile and more compact. So the first question is am I going to have to smash my electronics to fit anything in it. Secondly I kind of was buying that delrin switch cause it looked really tough and seemed to have enough room for a tekin fxr, punk dig and spectrum receiver without much issue. I'm not concerned about weight cause I'm not going to comp it. Again that's kinda of the reason I was looking at the delrin cause it looked like you could bash it pretty hard. Now the plus is I got the 3.5 for pretty darn cheap. So should I keep it or try to get the switch? I kind of think that **** didn't have the switch in stock even though the y showed that they did and just sent me this instead. I never received an email from them saying anything about sending me an agent in place of it. Decisions. Decisions. If anybody has some shots of their electronics set up in one of these I would appreciate it.

So you ordered a swap meet Timex watch, and someone sent you a Rolex and your complaining?
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
So you ordered a swap meet Timex watch, and someone sent you a Rolex and your complaining?
That's harsh.
Wicked Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Ha! Not complaining at all. Just looks really fragile. But I'm still wondering if I have to smash my electronics
Old 02-01-2014, 06:07 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ha! Not complaining at all. Just looks really fragile. But I'm still wondering if I have to smash my electronics
You don't HAVE to smash your electronics. Just like you don't HAVE to chase weight. It's all in what you think will benefit you as far as crawling goes. Don't let anyone tell you that you HAVE to do something in this hobby. It's all personal preference.
Wicked Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

That's god to hear. I'm not that concerned about weight. The main reason I asked if I needed to was because the chassis is so compact I just didn't know if all the stuff would fit in there
Old 02-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just looks really fragile
It's not.

Ytown secret agent 3.5 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gpilot Secret Agent Turn Double Agent. gpilot2000 Axial XR10 7 01-26-2014 08:23 PM
Special Ops now YTown Double Agent Berg TEDROCKZ EnRoute Berg 199 11-19-2013 04:17 PM
My Secret Agent 3.5 luxenberg Videos! 7 11-13-2012 05:42 PM