Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Wheels

What wheels are ya'll running? Want to upgrade from the stock xr wheels. Probably going to run rovers ( I'm in alabama and from what I've heard these are pretty good tires to run for our terrain) what width wheels work good with these? Running a secret agent chassis with big bores weighs probably around 4.5 pounds if that matters with wheel and tire choice
Dhallmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I say, any wheel at 1" wide..

wheel choice is more of a personal preferrence on looks, beadlocks or glue ons, CF or aluminum, etc..

As for ur rtr weight, that makes a difference in foam setup the most. With a lighter rig you could use CI 5.25 or 5.5" foams with soft outers.
With a heavier rig, you would want more foam support so maybe a 5.5" with medium outer.

I ran my rovers with 5.25" CI foams with soft front and medium rear outers. I was also closer to 4lbs then 4.5lbs.

So 5.5" soft front and medium rear for you..
winnerone23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Wheels

Thanks for the tips winnerone23. I like the looks of the carbon wheels and have been eyeballing the dlux wheels. Figure that'll help drop some weight to. How do you like the rovers? I'm on sedonas right now but they are really wide and as best I can tell from the driving I've done so far just so so as far as traction is concerned. This is my first comp rig so I don't know a lot about the tires yet and I'm the only guy around with a comp crawler so not a lot of folks to ask locally
Old 02-17-2014, 10:36 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I'll vouch for dlux carbons. I love mine! Great wheels . If you get a set you deff won't be disappointed!
1r3land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Figured as much with dlux. So far everything I have ordered from him has been top notch stuff.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:56 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Ill back Kenny up on that one.. I have had my Dlux CF wheels for close to 2 years.. never a issue!
I use them mainly for tire and foam setup now, as I run a lot of glue on wheels now.

Rovers work.. I wasn't ever much for sedona's myself, but I know guys that love them..
Me personally, I won't NOT Run Boss claws.. they are by far my favorite tire! They are hard to come by tho...
A lot of guys have really come to only run voodoo's now a days. Do it right the first time.. EY designs does the number one vendor cut n shut out there and at a killer price.

But start where everone else did and you can work ur way into a diff setup.
You have rovers already and they are a great tire. Get the wheels and foams and run em till they are bald.. lol..
winnerone23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Thanks winnerone23 I have been looking at the voodoo's just don't know how they would do around here. Tons of rock but pretty dirty so I don't know if the voodoo's would like it. That's two ups for dlux so I guess I'll go with him for the wheels.