Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Found a bunch of parts, to build or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2020, 09:23 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Found a bunch of parts, to build or not?

So I found a bunch of XR10 parts in a box I had picked up several years ago during this down time we got going on in 2020, I even forget from where, be it here or somewhere else like ebay or rctech so I don't remember specifics of the parts but a lot looks new and seems like enought to build it out, lots of gears, axle housings, plastics, a new skid, and mount plates(tvp). Stuff I have already too is a set of xr10 universals from a scx10 xr10 mod project i never got around to and plenty of chubs, knuckles, bearings, electroronics, tires, etc from other crawlers.

Anyways is it worth a build out on such an outdated truck? It would not be a crazy one but one just for me to try MOA crawling instead of what I got on my backyard course. It seems parts are hard to come by, mainly gears and plastic axle housings I guess but I have those for now.

Thanks in advance if anybody is listening to this room and my random thoughts.......
savageasflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2020, 09:55 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Found a bunch of parts, to build or not?

I say build it. I run Xr10 and know of several others that still do. It would definitely be a great start into the moa side of the hobby especially being you have all or most of the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
doug.steele04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:58 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageasflux View Post
So I found a bunch of XR10 parts in a box I had picked up several years ago during this down time we got going on in 2020, I even forget from where, be it here or somewhere else like ebay or rctech so I don't remember specifics of the parts but a lot looks new and seems like enought to build it out, lots of gears, axle housings, plastics, a new skid, and mount plates(tvp). Stuff I have already too is a set of xr10 universals from a scx10 xr10 mod project i never got around to and plenty of chubs, knuckles, bearings, electroronics, tires, etc from other crawlers.

Anyways is it worth a build out on such an outdated truck? It would not be a crazy one but one just for me to try MOA crawling instead of what I got on my backyard course. It seems parts are hard to come by, mainly gears and plastic axle housings I guess but I have those for now.

Thanks in advance if anybody is listening to this room and my random thoughts.......

Build it! My XR10 with BWD Mantis chassis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ClovisCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:10 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the quick replies guys, seems like I should just start putting stuff together to see exactly what I got here and find out what I'd need to finish it off. I'll try to work on it this weekend, as I have seen some badass looking ones might have to throw mine into the ring too.

Are there any other major components that are unable to buy new anymore?
Old 08-24-2020, 08:28 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

So during building this weekend, got mostly thru the axle builds, gears/shafts didnt seem damaged visibly and everything going together pretty well I found a couple of parts that I had in the lot that im not sure exactly if they are for XR10 or something else, if anybody could share some knowledge to let me know what they are I'd appreciate it and ill give thanks I'm advance for any I fo.

First some sort of link mount I think, but couldnt find where it goes, I know the triangle piece is stamped Vanquish but couldnt find any info on these:

And then #2, some knuckles, Vanquish stamped again, and kinda look like SCX10 knuckles but slightly different as they don't have same
tiny holes as current scx10 knuckles and the steering arm part looks more bent, but not sure if they are something special to use with the XR10? The lot had a bunch of standard Wraith/AR60 type knuckles im used to, these were in with them all but didn't seem to fit.

Old 09-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

The XR10, even if parts can be harder to come by, it is still a very good set of axles.
Too bad Axial, VP and even the RC4WD gears are no longer being made.
But I think Hot racing is still making parts for them.

They are still on the top five of any comp!

I'm far from an expert on them but the first pic looks like the servo support and upper link mount from VP.
The second pic is VP AX10 knuckles so they wont fit the XR10.
xkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:45 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Build it. Of course

This is where I’m at with my second XR10 kit as of today. I have all parts needed to be completed.
ICHItheKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:15 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Default Mostly built

So got her mostly built now, didnt really have all the correct screws or links (Ill make some eventually), but its a roller now. I almost have enough parts to build another actually...
Threw some old new 65T Integy motors on it I had laying around and a 7955 servo and here we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICHItheKILLER View Post
Those axles looks sweet!!!
Where your upper link mounts, that orange piece, thats looks like the same triangle piece I had extra. Do you have more pics of that piece before you installed it, did it come with the other pieces I had in the above picture?
Old 09-02-2020, 03:20 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Yes, those orange parts are the silver triangle piece you have. They came in a small parts bag as a kit, I believe a front and a back, not sure, there is more pieces to it. I was trying to look if there was an instruction sheet. Some of the vanquish parts didn’t have instructions I believe. The part your asking about has screws,base,and something else? You can pretty much see it in the picture.
ICHItheKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:15 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Talking Re: Found a bunch of parts, to build or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICHItheKILLER View Post
Yes, those orange parts are the silver triangle piece you have. They came in a small parts bag as a kit, I believe a front and a back, not sure, there is more pieces to it. I was trying to look if there was an instruction sheet. Some of the vanquish parts didn’t have instructions I believe. The part your asking about has screws,base,and something else? You can pretty much see it in the picture.
Thanks for the info, but looks like Im missing the base piece that the triangle piece connects to, so then its probably no use to me as I'm missing pieces, but can still have fun with it as is since its a roller now, just gotta throw an esc in and finish up with correct screws and make some links.

Last edited by savageasflux; 09-02-2020 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 11-07-2020, 02:45 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Awesome thread...makes me want to get another one
Mr Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote

Found a bunch of parts, to build or not? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Wraith throw a bunch of parts at it build odomandr Axial Wraith 13 10-12-2019 03:07 PM
bunch-o-parts build ottoride Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 02-11-2012 08:40 PM