Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Axial XR-10 a.k.a Smurfette

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2015, 10:02 AM   #121
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axial XR-10 a.k.a Smurfette

RFOT's Crawl Cup Comp 10 in the books!

Sofi walked in the comp with really good performance in the last comp. It was time to see if the rocking touch is still there.

Really hardcore courses in this comp, but Sofi managed to drive a couple of good and couple of worse performances.

But the epic touch seems to be there in times. All she needs now, is to make it more regular.

Sofi was sitting in the last position before the last course. She drove last and with a good drive possibilities for second position were alive.

This was one amazing performance. Sofi climbed two positions with this wise and good performance. That's the right way to do it!

Second position is the best, that Sofi has ever made in the pro class! Congratulations!

Three point difference to Saku. Epic job on the last course!

Next comp is just around the corner after two weeks. One last training before our main target.
Zarizi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2015, 10:14 AM   #122
RCC Addict

Awesome job Sofi! You must be a proud brother Samu........ Congratulations!
ClassiCutCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 10:17 AM   #123
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassiCutCustoms View Post
Awesome job Sofi! You must be a proud brother Samu........ Congratulations!

I am! Can't wait to see what she can do in Spain!
Old 10-23-2015, 04:47 PM   #124
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Very well droven, Sofi! You learned a lot and it will be interesting how much driver asses you could kick at Eurcrawl...i did't drove anything since worlds, but i think i have to do...
ZZR 1100 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:19 AM   #125
RCC Addict

Time to get set for RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 #11/12!

From the window you can see our new sponsor. We will be using PURPMART's talents in near future.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...bbCJqU/pubhtml
Here is live scoring for comp on 7th of Nov. It starts at 09:00AM CET. It will be the last comp before EuroCrawl, so we are really looking forward to it. Last possibility to do training in comp mode.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #126
Rock Crawler

Purp is the Man!! He does a great job with the tires. Good Luck to all the Sarka's!!!
blandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:15 AM   #127
RCC Addict

Last comp before leaving to Spain is now done!

We had extremely difficult conditions in this competition.

Wet, dark and cold.

Sofi didn't have her best day on the rocks. This first course went ok, but second and third were something too hard this time.

It began to rain after the first course and these rocks were extreme to drive on. We even had to cancel the last course, cause it would have been too dangerous to drive it.

Sofi was able to pull fourth position this time. Well, I have to be honest and say, it would have been difficult for any driver. Me included.

Here is the first course. Everything went well till the nineth gate, where Sofi got bit frozen. Well, finished performance in any case.

Here are the results. With this fourth position Sofi managed to secure the third spot in RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015. Well done Sofi!

Now it's time to forget this comp and start focusing mentally for EuroCrawl. Some training will be done there on thursday, but I think the preparation have been really good for it so far.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:02 AM   #128
Quarry Creeper

Would you by any chance have a part number for the blue rpm rod ends? I se online long and short but the ones you have look way way different.
C_Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:04 AM   #129
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Money View Post
Would you by any chance have a part number for the blue rpm rod ends? I se online long and short but the ones you have look way way different.
I don't know the part number, sorry. You can ask from the previous owner Hittman, where did he get em.

Time to prepare Smurfette for the long journey south.

This is it after the last comp. All electronical devices are operational at least.

Opened up the axles completely. Everything in perfect shape. Just added some grease and filled the shocks and it was ready again.

Hopefully everything will continue to work in this rig as they have been for the whole season.

Tires washed and it is ready. Sofi is flying to Spain on wednesday. She'll have whole thursday time for training.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...SDSlI/pubhtml#
Here you can follow live scoring of the competition. Pro will be driven on saturday.

With total of thirty participants in pro class I see realistical chances to top 15 with good driving. It will be really interesting how Sofi can manage them nerves.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:00 AM   #130

Tomorrow evening is time to head for Spain! It's actually my first "big" comp in pro class. I've only drived pro class here in Finland. It's going to be interesting to drive Smurfette in a different kind of terrain compared to the one we have in Finland. Pro class has felt extremely good and I feel like I have improved all the time. Yeah and like Samu mentioned it's down to my nerves now. Hopefully we'll see some good performances! But let's all have a fantastic comp weekend!
Softy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:25 AM   #131
RCC Addict

Good luck and if you just stay calm and think about gates I am sure it will be fine. The boys to the South will help you along and it will be a wonderful weekend!
Old 12-05-2015, 08:34 PM   #132

Awesome rig! I hope mine gets there someday
SimpsonC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:19 AM   #133
RCC Addict

The big comp is now behind and what a weekend it was!

Sofi arrived in Almuñécar on wednesday and we got straight to the rocks on thursday.

What a weather for training!

Training went well, but I don't think there was enough practising with this sort of grip. Not enough time to get used to it.

Going for the first bonus on course one!

Driving in the first course was really nervous.

On the next course Sofi got rid of them shaky hands. This was really good effort!

Good lines to the gates and finished performance!

This was the only gate, where she had to fix the line couple of times.

Gate seven went better for Sofi, than many of the other drivers.

Rig was working perfectly for the whole trip.

Making the most of RcBros Course!

After the last course Sofi had three finished performances and three DNF's. It's an ok performance, but with more training on the beach rocks, there would've been few more positions in reach.

Time to see the performances on video corner! Sorry about the filming. Trying to be spotter and filmer at the same time isn't too good combination. I really wanted to see Sofi successing and the filming was not the number one case there.

Krawler Konceptz Course (+24/-40)

First course in a big competition in pro class for Sofi. Naturally a nervous performance. Shaky hands and throttle control. Been there myself, but this course could have been better. But some confidence to the driving showed in the progress of first bonus. I like the attitude.

Fanatic RC Course (-19/-40)

Sofi drove really well on this course! Dedicated to drive to finish she didn't go for the bonus gates this time and only made a couple of mistakes in terms of the lines. -19 is really respectable score from this course!!

Holmes Hobbies Course (+15/-40)

This was one of the hardest courses of the competition. Sofi got too much speed approaching the second gate and got marker. Before the course she decided to straddle the third gate to save time and trying to finish. Third gate was gate number seven. Again too much speed. We need to do some downhill training before next season. I told her after gate seven, that there is no more points for gates. Amazingly she drove last two gates with only one reverse. Stunning performance! And a finished course!

Crawler-Keller Course (+28/-40)

This course was yet again tough for Sofi. Especially the gate three turned out to be a real time and point catch. When things start to go wrong they just go. No more to say about that gate.

Team Ottsix Course (+28/-40)

On this course Sofi drove really well the first six gates! No mistakes until gate seven. And then the time runned out. Five minutes is really brutal time limit for this sort of courses. But I was really proud of the first half of the course. Really good driving!

RcBros Course (-17/-40)

The last course of the day for Sofi. Not a single mistake all the way to gate ten, where she took three reverses and a gate just to finish the course. This was definately one of the highlights of the comp for Sofi. Epic way to end the comp!

Here are the final results. Position 21 from 31 driver field. Sofi can proudly say, that there is now ten asses kicked! But definately with more wheeltime she could brake into top 15.

Big thanks to all of the supporters of the comp! Would not be same without these awesome vendors!

Our trip to Spain ended up in beautiful sunrise. Sofi got some really important experience from this level of competition. Now it's time to take a little break from driving and continue on training after the winter for the next EuroCrawl!

PICTURES: Jorge Teixeira

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 12-10-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:19 PM   #134
Pebble Pounder

Congrats Sofie,good result between all these guys from europe
I like your driving style,very smooth and controlled !
And especially thank you for doing all these organization stuff,i´m sure this is not easy to have the best concentration for crawling with those things all around
Snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #135
Pebble Pounder

nice photos and videos!

Sofi has a nice driving skills and she's rig is well balanced,

congratulations
skypyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 03:10 AM   #136

EuroCrawl behind! What a weekend! First of all I want to thank the organazation. Second of all I want to thank all of you guys who came around. All of us made this weekend perfect! Then of course thanks to all the sponsors and especially mine Ottsix, Krawler Konceptz, Holmes Hobbies, Offipaita and Purpmart huge thanks! Then to the race...

In my opinion my driving was OK. There were some good performances and some poor ones. Samu filled you already in with the details and said everything probably the same way I would have said them.

In EuroCrawl I managed to screw up the first course both in Pro and Shafty. The course was drivable but when you are too nervous the result is not that good. Luckily I managed to calm my nerves down on the second course and I'm really happy with the -19 performance.

Third course, Holmes Hobbies course and the so called "Norwegian course" . This course looked a bit tricky. I had already decided that I'd straddle the gate number three but unfortunately I took the gate number two as well, that was a stupid one. Then when I was heading down to the gate number seven Samu filled me in with the points. I honestly didin't know how anyone can do the gate seven clear, quickly and without loosing nerves. Somehow I did it. It's still impossible to understand how

Fourth course, the krawler-celler-course, not so good. Third gate took all of my time. Let's leave that there.

Fifth course, the Team Ottsix course looked like a nice one. Unfortunately my time ran out on the gate seven. It's always so sad when you are driving well but just doing it too slowly

The last course, sixth one, RcBros course let me finish the EuroCrawl with a smile on my face. Unfortunate last gate but honestly at that point I didn't even care. I just wanted to cross that finish line.

All in all, like I already said, something good something bad. I think my biggest obstacle was the terrain. When you have learned how to drive in a cold and slippery rocks it's really hard to adapt to the Spanish terrain. But of course I really enjoyed the terrrain, and the sun, and the beach, and the beach- bar

Now it is time to take some time of crawling. EuroCrawl was definetly the best way to end this season. Thanks again to all of you! It was the best comp where I've ever been and probably one of the best weekend in my life also. I've got my rigs in a perfect shape for the next year. Looking forward to the finnish series, Nordics and of course the amazing EuroCrawl. Hope that we'll see such as musch or even more participants next year. Can't wait!
Softy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:56 AM   #137
RCC Addict

Time to sum up the season of Smurfette.

In RFOT's Crawl Cup after twelve competitions Sofi ended up in third place. That was good effort all in all. RFOT's Crawl Cup was also good place to do some important training for the bigger competitions.

The rig was epic for the whole season. Only things, that were broken: One set of gears from front axle and few screws were bent. Sofi will definately continue with this rig as it is for next season!

Highlight of the season was first podium place in Finnish RC Crawling Series! Phenominal driving, which will lead Sofi higher in future.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:02 AM   #138
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Great Job, Sofi and nice to met you at Eurocrawl! Keep on the throttle button and 2016 will be yours! Ladycrawl rocks!!!
ZZR 1100 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #139
RCC Addict

Great job Sofi..... And I can see that you have a very very proud older brother! Congratulations to Samu too for helping you improve and learn. Great team!!
Old 12-31-2015, 07:20 PM   #140
Rock Crawler

The pics are so far away I can't see the PURPMART stickers ;)
Purptr8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial XR-10 a.k.a Smurfette - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM