Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Need help finding new motors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Question Need help finding new motors

I'm not sure where to post this,but I think I just fried my integy 35ts. So now I'm looking for new motors. I keep debating between HH and brood. What turn motors should I get? Can someone explain the difference in magnets, brush type( stand up vs lay down), and wind pattern? Also what pinions should I run with the new motors? I am running HH brminis for escs if you need to know. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Dezertdirt; 11-21-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Need help finding new motors

One.. It's a "electronics" section question..
Which you will get all kinds of fan boys and personal opinions..
Truth is, you can't go wrong with either.

For me and what I suggest.. Holmes is how I went after I ran integy.. I switched to some used 35t torquemaster pro motors. Which was a Huge step up, to start with!
Then some 30t team pro flow..
These motors are 3 slot motors and have some serious torque, gear breaking torque! (Specially for the XR gears)
Then I picked up some used 16t crawlmaster pro motors. I felt this was as big of a step up, if not bigger, then switching from integy to torquemaster pro motors...
Crawlmaster and crawl type motors are 5 slot motors and they are Incredibly Smoooooth startup and awesome wheel speed, to get you back on ur wheels or up that ledge no one else can get up!
Personally, once I switched to crawl type motors, I'll Never go back!
Picture being in a gate and having to slow crawl ur way thru it, almost touching a gate but makable, and you get that little "jump" out of ur motor.. GATE! The dredded word we All hate to hear...
But with a 5 slot/crawl type motor, you just ease on by that gate... Yeah, that awesome! ;)
I run the 13t 500 puller's and Love them! They are prefect for me.

Going from a 35t integy to a 13t is like going from a bi-plane to a jet! It's a learning curve to get ur throttle finger to control..
I suggest a 16t to newer guys. Then you can just buy new armature's when ur ready to step up to 13t's.. (If it's the route you decide to go)

Maybe some of the other guys here, that I made the same suggestion to and took it, can comment about how they feel about it..

Brush type isn't a huge deal unless your going with checkpoint brushes and endbells.. Which I don't think either company does much.. (Not sure about brood on that one)

Magnets.. Different magnets have different strength's... Fb9, fb12, cobalt.. They get stronger as they go. Which aids towards more drag break and efficiency..

Pm me with any other questions you may have..

Last edited by winnerone23; 11-21-2014 at 08:46 PM.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
E.Y. Designs

I personally like Brood the best... I run 35t Brood Vapors and I absolutely love them. The customer service from EddieO is definitely top notch as well... Many people like a little faster and run like 30t... I'd send EddieO a message and ask him what he recommends for you and he can answer any questions you have about all the different motor options and what will be best for you
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:56 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

im a die hard BROOD guy ...but if money is tight hh is a great choice..i cant knock them i just enjoy telling eddie exactly what i want a motor to do and thats what he ships me ....for example i just spent over 500 on 2 motors from BROOD but i needed massive power and drag brake while being light weight....not sacrificing torque for a smooth start up ....BROOD motors are limitless in build configurations where as hh motors are ....well.....a motor........exactly like troy said ..stand up /lay down brushes dont really make a "difference" its really the springs the winds the armature and the magnets............listen to everett and message eddie if you want the best...but expect to pay a bit more for the best...but troy can certainly help you find the best hh application for you if you decide to go that way...
Purptr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I agree,, Go team Brood Racing,,
I am about to order 2 matched conflux motors,,they you build youreself,,
you just add on what kinda slot,armature,heatsink,springs,brushes,magnets and you can choose epoxy ballance with is the best,,,
Two motors for me came around 450$,,,I have not ordered them yet,,but I will once I get my paycheck...
I have 2 tourqemaster from HH now and they are great motors,,,but I want that little extra that Eddie will provide me with,,
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Need help finding new motors - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help finding Ohioskills 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 11-26-2013 01:01 PM
Need help finding something Plays_with_Toys Chit Chat 2 01-04-2006 05:11 PM