Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Robbobs Not reinventing the wheel ........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2016, 12:37 PM   #321
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Robbobs Not reinventing the wheel ........

ok take my money when is this stuff ready
jdmguy760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2016, 06:57 PM   #322
I wanna be Dave

Please, please, please let me know when I can purchase one of dem fancy rear B2 axles!
Very cool and creative!
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:04 PM   #323
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
Please, please, please let me know when I can purchase one of dem fancy rear B2 axles!
Very cool and creative!

The Problem is, You cant take a Flap Wheel to it......

sure you can handle that ??????
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:01 PM   #324
I wanna be Dave

We'll see about that!
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:10 AM   #325
Custom Carbon Fiber

Ive been a slacker on this but the truck has just been collecting dust with our winter weather, apparently no winter season and all the support Krazed Builds has gotten. The last time I ran her was our season ender Kreepy Krawl in October and I couldnt have asked for a better finish then a win.

But the season is coming and feels like its coming fast so it was time to rebuild and start tuning. Im really anxious to get out with her after some re-tuning and small changes we have made. Ive put two packs through her so far in our damp cold weather and I think its gonna be another progressive year on this one.

Not bailing on my Voodoo's but looking for another alternative to the slicker river rocks we sometimes run I decided to try something new. Proline Calibers in M3 compound, still have the diamond pattern to trim but I like the feel so far.

And just some glamour shots

Didnt get any pictures on the scale but Ill say shes closer to my low 1600g goal so far and thats with the weight I ran last year still on the front. My tuning is apparently on the opposite of many. I like to go as light as possible with the truck and tune it then add a little as an aide to where I cant balance things out. Ya Im a feather light whore lol.

So what else have we been doing? Well a few months ago our machines control box crapped the bed. 2 great years of running it finally shorted out from what I think was due to cf dust. With the amount we cut it was expected so out came the back up box and idle hands started getting creative.

I use to mod computer cases back in the online gaming days and what better time to play again then now. So we got a virgin case ..... and started some fun.

First I drew up the control board back panel ..... and lets add a little engraving to be fancy. While we were cutting acrylic I made up the feet for our power supports.

Added a small 12v power supply for fans and lights

Added our 24v power supply and started wiring things up. Our VFD Inverter will get housed in here also on the right side where its empty.

Got our back panel done and engraved ..... added a spot for a 80mm to help keep the board a little extra cooler too.

And added a nicer fan grill to our only intake fan, we have 2 120mm exhaust fans mounted on top. Should help bring in a little breeze in the back and pull all the heat out the top. Better control over dust getting inside.

Still have to make our front door panel for the E-stop button and VFD control panel then wire in the VFD but machines still runnning so thats gonna be a couple weeks. Sure do miss case mods, was fun to be on this one.

Thanks for looking, hopefully action shots of the truck in the next week or so since weather looks better.

Last edited by Robbob; 01-25-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:18 PM   #326
I wanna be Dave

Huh?

Last edited by winnerone23; 01-25-2017 at 05:19 PM. Reason: I understood, the truck part.. looks great!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #327
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Huh?
Lol

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
dasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:25 AM   #328
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Huh?
Short story ..... the truck is awesome, the machine needed repairs, I got fancy
Old 04-18-2017, 08:31 PM   #329
Custom Carbon Fiber

So not really much of an update except that the truck is working incredible right now. Been practicing as much as possible on the home course, local spot and got to run on some real course tonight. Driver errors cost me a gate and forgetting there was a gate 10 was embarrassing but the truck was planted.

Been playing with some home grown Losi Eclipses on the front and Proline M3 Calibers on the rear ..... love the combo, they have stuck on cold rock, warm rock, indoor dusty rock and even the slick river crap we get around here.

KR4 rear axle has been flawless still, so nice having that motor tucked in on a Bully2 rear axle and the steering of an XR front.

Ready for this Saturdays season opener!

Old 04-22-2017, 05:54 PM   #330
Custom Carbon Fiber

Less then perfect conditions and a muddy truck later just have to say ...... damn it felt good to be with friends and gates.

5th Dimension Dominator taking down the season opener win on wet rainy rocks!

Thanks to RC4WD for the swag and helping with such a great annual event and to the Hulls for always putting up with a bunch of people in there front lawn landscaping.
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2017, 07:43 PM   #331
Custom Carbon Fiber

Stole some action shots from a FBook post .......
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2017, 07:50 PM   #332
I wanna be Dave

So jealous !!!!

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:20 AM   #333
Custom Carbon Fiber

So been a while since Ive done any updates on this, plus with PBucket taking a shiet on all its users I just havent had time to update anything.

This I had to. So June we had we had the RI Monster Mayhem cash comp. The truck performed very well for me but not as well as I had hoped. there was just something off about it and I couldnt put a finger to it. But once the day was done I still made it into the finals sitting 8th and kept my spot for a finish collecting my entry fee back.

I was happy but wanted more ...... so then last month we had a local comp at a new spot. First course was bad, again I just couldnt put my finger on what the truck was telling me. So I threw a hail mary pass and changed front tires to rovers then dropped my front shocks back one hole on my top row. Boom the truck was so much smoother. We ran 3 courses and the 2nd and 3rd course brought me from last up to finish in 3rd for the day with much improved scores. I was much happier.

So now we got into the NENC comp in PA and all Ive basically done to the truck is swap tires to Rovers I ran last year, completely rebuilt my shocks and put everythign back to where it was when this season started. I was originally fighting a small push I could see in my truck, I didnt want it but could control it with my MT4 lever. Still just wanted the push gone. Welllllll I figured Rausch has so much traction and maybe using the dig would help keep me under control. I chose to putting the little push back in.

Saturday was just an incredible day for the truck. Ive almost got the balance and feel back to where my old Chump was and my confidence in the setup gained a lot. I let the truck tell me what it wanted and I just let it eat the rocks up. After 6 courses I was so amazed to find myself sitting 3rd going into finals.

Holy Crap was more like it, I made it up with the guy who won the first year I came there (M_Energy) and the guy who comes to my local events and takes my trophies (Winnerone) ...... The level of competition this year I felt was the toughest Ive seen in the 3 times Ive been. Everyone down the driver list brought their game and the courses tested them at every gate. I was so impressed with the amount emotion drivers gave every course this year and the smiles and laughter after their runs. It was really impressive and made me proud to be in this sport.

Finals course was intense! Clipped myself gate 6 and cleared 3 our of 4 bonus gates giving myself a safe 15 secs left when the clock was done scoring me a -20 for the course. Not enough to move up but enough to keep me 15points over 4th and give me some podium time. What an incredible weekend for the Dominator and a happy driver to behind the wheel.

Ill look around the social media for some shots of the truck but for now I got a (hope it resizes) cell phone shot.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2017, 06:49 PM   #334
Custom Carbon Fiber

Found some social media pictures to share.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2017, 06:54 PM   #335
Custom Carbon Fiber

And Finals course
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2017, 11:28 PM   #336
5th D Owner/Driver

Great pics, congrats again!
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:19 PM   #337
Custom Carbon Fiber

Videos up now too .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gVi...tu.be&t=13m20s

The whole things actually worth watching, crazy storm moved at the last moment on us.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:04 AM   #338
Pebble Pounder

Congrats! Good video and very nice run I love those steep terrain,it often shows how good a crawler is balanced
Snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:11 AM   #339
Custom Carbon Fiber

Its no first place but Damn Happy with everything the Dominator and 5th Dimension has done!

Great Weekend - Great Friends - Great Food - Great Truck
Attached Images

Robbobs Not reinventing the wheel ........ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Robbobs next level of scale Tundra style Robbob 1.9 Scale Rigs 100 01-28-2016 01:00 PM
Reinventing my AX10...(again) Sucker Punch Chassis time. Master Basher Axial AX-10 Scorpion 70 08-13-2014 08:58 AM
Robbobs LCC Robbob Team Losi Comp Crawler 216 09-09-2011 11:32 AM