RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial XR10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/)
-   -   blandon's DLUX XR10 Build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/527498-blandons-dlux-xr10-build.html)

blandon 02-25-2015 08:47 PM

blandon's DLUX XR10 Build

3 Attachment(s)
Starting a thread for my new comp crawler build. The parts I am starting with are: XR10 axles with Vanquish gear cases, Vanquish link mounts, Vanquish C Hubs, Vanquish motor plates, Vanquish lockouts, Vanquish VVD's, Vanquish servo armor, titanium rear axle shafts, RC4WD hardened gears front and rear, DLUX knuckle and weight system, titanium straight tie-rod and steering link. For the wheels I went with DLUX carbon fiber D-Cut wheels with Crawler Innovations comp cut foams, and VOODOO gold dot tires. Chassis is DLUX Ultra chassis with DLUX titanium links and his lathed down big bore shocks with no pre-load cups and mini-t springs

blandon 02-25-2015 09:00 PM

Re: blandon's DLUX XR10 Build

2 Attachment(s)
DLUX chassis all built, this thing is really cool. I love all the curves it has, very unique. Also just want to say how impressed I am with the knuckle system. There is absolutely no slop and the fit and finish is awesome, I highly recommend it. Erik at DLUX also has great customer service, he responded quickly to any questions I had, so thanks Erik."thumbsup"

desertrob 02-25-2015 11:04 PM

"thumbsup"This thing is nice were did you find the vq parts looks great what are you going to run for electronics keep the picks coming its great for a newbie like my self

blandon 02-26-2015 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertrob (Post 5158306)
"thumbsup"This thing is nice were did you find the vq parts looks great what are you going to run for electronics keep the picks coming its great for a newbie like my self

I will be posting more pics in a day or so. For electronics I am running Holmes BR Mini dual esc's, Holmes 35T Torque Master Pro motors, CC Bec

blandon 02-26-2015 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertrob (Post 5158306)

Also running Hitec 7950 steering servo. The VP parts took about a month and a half to locate by just searching every hobby shop possible on the internet and members on this forum were also a huge help

Erik D_lux 02-26-2015 08:27 AM

Great looking build thread so far!

Thanks a lot for the support! I think you will really like that chassis and the skid slides soooo good.

blandon 02-26-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 5158563)
Great looking build thread so far!

Thanks a lot for the support! I think you will really like that chassis and the skid slides soooo good.

I can't wait to get this on the rocks, we are covered in about a foot of snow and single digit temps so it may be awhile!! I love the way that skid looks on this chassis. Thanks again for the help

blandon 02-28-2015 06:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Electronics, ready to de-case and smash down a little tighter to fit into the chassis

blandon 02-28-2015 07:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Soldered in de-cased BEC into ESC's, also un-soldered BEC plug, shortened it and re-soldered back into the BEC

blandon 02-28-2015 07:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is what it looks like all completed and shrink wrapped, also de-cased futaba rx. Everything fits nicely in the chassis now

blandon 02-28-2015 07:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Mounted up front and rear axles last night, just need to set up electronics and program radio hopefully tonight and as long as nothing catches on fire I should be ready to roll!"thumbsup"

desertrob 02-28-2015 08:21 AM

looking good"thumbsup" how muck wt are you running in the front are you going to run any in the rear8)

blandon 02-28-2015 08:40 AM

I am not exactly sure how much the front weights weigh yet, this system has removable slugs so you can fine tune the front end. I am not going to run any weight in the rear

trig n tahoe 02-28-2015 09:03 AM

where did you get the link mounts , i have been looking for days!?

blandon 02-28-2015 09:32 AM

Found them both at a hobby shop in Cali. and it was the last Xr10 parts they had. Took a long time to find them!

trig n tahoe 02-28-2015 09:33 AM

no doubt nice job!

blandon 02-28-2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trig n tahoe (Post 5160862)
where did you get the link mounts , i have been looking for days!?

If you buy a star it gives you access to the classifieds section and you can find parts that way and the members on here are a big help in locating some hard to find parts

malonefamily2003 02-28-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blandon (Post 5160887)
If you buy a star it gives you access to the classifieds section and you can find parts that way and the members on here are a big help in locating some hard to find parts

How do i buy a star do you have a link?

blandon 02-28-2015 03:36 PM

If you go back to rc crawler homepage there should be a link to pay via paypal. It is $20 a year and well worth it. You are also eligible for any giveaways they do on the site. I think if you hit search and type in membership or something like that it should pop up

Robbob 02-28-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malonefamily2003 (Post 5161157)
How do i buy a star do you have a link?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blandon (Post 5161184)
If you go back to rc crawler homepage there should be a link to pay via paypal. It is $20 a year and well worth it. You are also eligible for any giveaways they do on the site. I think if you hit search and type in membership or something like that it should pop up

Top left corner of the tool bar on the site says 'User CP' ...... click that and all the way at the bottom under Miscellaneous youll see 'Paid Subscriptions' .... You can pick it there too.

Agree - well worth the 20$ a year here. "thumbsup"

Rigs coming along nicely. "thumbsup"