Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Macor Axial XR-10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #1

Default Macor Axial XR-10

Hello,

Here it is my first rig.
It took a lot longer than I thought but eventually I got there.
I had a lot of help and parts from members of the forum like Erik D_lux, Creeper Bob, Krawlfreak, RodyRacing, farmertom72, ittybitty. And Krawler Konceptz for the amazing skins.

Thanks every one for the help.

M
macor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Macor Axial XR-10

Looks great! Thank you for the support!
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:30 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

cool crawler,,
whats up with the hood?? looks like it is taller than the roof..
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:29 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

That is an interesting nose .....
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
That is an interesting nose .....
Damn...
After I took it apart for putting on the skins I put it back wrong. I was too eager to take photos and did a rush job.
Man, this is so mbarassing

Sorry guys
Old 05-24-2015, 06:58 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Lol.....sometimes you find a unique solution by mistakes...don't hurt yourself, we've all been there. Enjoy your XR
Old 05-25-2015, 02:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Lol.....sometimes you find a unique solution by mistakes...don't hurt yourself, we've all been there. Enjoy your XR
Thanks for not making me feel dumb. Anyway before improvising new solution better try to start as it should be.
Now it should be correct.

m
Old 05-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #8
RCC Addict

What do your shocks measure eye to eye.

I think some internal limiting would go help bring that ring down to a really nice ride height
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:07 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Measure your wheelbase. It might be me but your rear lower links look like they might be turned around.
Constant Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:34 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant Threat View Post
Measure your wheelbase. It might be me but your rear lower links look like they might be turned around.
It looks a bit like that to me as well....also curious to know what the carbon fiber pieces on the front knuckles are as well....
Old 05-25-2015, 11:26 AM   #11
RCC Addict

The carbon on the knuckles are part of dlux weighted knuckles set up. They are awesome.

Last edited by Curcal; 05-25-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:15 PM   #12

First of all thank you guys for watching my thread and giving me suggestion. Unluckily I haven't found anyone who crawl where I live so I built this only based on photos on internet, searching the forum and trial and error.
I will measures the wheel base tonight when I am back from work, same goes for the rear shocks. Just so I am clear what I am looking for. You are saying that the rear of the rig is too high and the wheel base too short and that could be due to the rear links being mounted reversed. Correct? I will definitively check, if that is the case.
If turn out that is not the issue you are suggesting to limit the extension of the rear shock to lower the rig to a proper height ride.
Did I get it right?

The knuckles are indeed dlux ones.
Thanks a lot

M
Old 05-25-2015, 02:24 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by macor View Post
First of all thank you guys for watching my thread and giving me suggestion. Unluckily I haven't found anyone who crawl where I live so I built this only based on photos on internet, searching the forum and trial and error.
I will measures the wheel base tonight when I am back from work, same goes for the rear shocks. Just so I am clear what I am looking for. You are saying that the rear of the rig is too high and the wheel base too short and that could be due to the rear links being mounted reversed. Correct? I will definitively check, if that is the case.
If turn out that is not the issue you are suggesting to limit the extension of the rear shock to lower the rig to a proper height ride.
Did I get it right?

The knuckles are indeed dlux ones.
Thanks a lot

M
Yes your wheel base should be 12.5" center of axle to center axle.( to be in spec for 2.2p) it looks short in your pics. And it looks like its raising your chassis up. I'm not saying you have to run this set up especially if your not comping. But its the wheel base these chassis's are built for. BTW you've done a great job building off of pics and threads.
Constant Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:52 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I'll second that, I'd have had a lot more upside down than you....
My first rig was an XR...I have to say it's evolved quite a bit since then...still have it too, except no one around here wants to run an MOA.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Definitely a nice clean build, good job!! I agree that the wheelbase looks a bit short. The shocks are also too straight up and down, you want to lay them down a little more, they will be pretty bouncy where you have them now. If you stretch that wheelbase out to 12.5 " that will probably help. If you are running Dlux 3.5" shocks then also take all the pre-load spacers out. That makes a big difference in your suspension set up.
blandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandon View Post
Definitely a nice clean build, good job!! I agree that the wheelbase looks a bit short. The shocks are also too straight up and down, you want to lay them down a little more, they will be pretty bouncy where you have them now. If you stretch that wheelbase out to 12.5 " that will probably help. If you are running Dlux 3.5" shocks then also take all the pre-load spacers out. That makes a big difference in your suspension set up.
Yes that makes sense. I added the pre-load spacers to fit better the spring but that is most likely because the shocks are over extended to compensate for the riding height. If I manage to lower that increasing the wheelbase I can totally see how I can drop the spacers.
Thanks everybody for the help and support. I have previously built rc buggy but I don't have a track close by and it is difficult for me to find time to drive an hour to reach the closest track. But as I am very close to the sea and there there are a lot of cool rocks to climb, I started this build. I have to admit it has been a lot more difficult than I thought. As the kit is not sold anymore I managed to find an instruction manual of the xr-10 on internet and from that I built the axles buying all spare parts. Also I sourced parts from forum's vendors like dlux for knuckles, universal, shocks and more, creeperbob for the titanium rear shaft, Rowdy racing for the battery and electronic tray and Krawlfreak for the chassis.
Problem was that every time I was receiving a package I was realizing I forgot something else or I had overlooked a detail so I had to wait again for other parts. And New Zealand is not just around the corner....
Now I am happy that I am to the point where I can figure out how to tune it properly, set it up correctly and have fun on the rocks.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:04 AM   #17

Took some quick measures and turn out I have a wheel base of 11.5". So I need to figure out how to get an extra inch.
I measured the lower front and back links and they seem to match the length suggested for the Double agent, 123mm for the front and 135 mm for the back. If I invert the back links I gain a bit in length due to the angle they take but not enough to give me an extra inch.
The shocks eye to eye are too long almost 4" instead 3.5" so taking away the pre-load spacers and limitng them internally should pull down the chassis and giving me some extra lenght.
What do you suggest to use to limit the shocks?
Old 05-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #18

Done some changes here and there, now fully compressed is around 12.5"

Old 05-30-2015, 09:42 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Looks pretty good man!
Old 05-30-2015, 11:36 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
except no one around here wants to run an MOA.
I know right??

pfff pussies

Lookin good Macor
Morbid Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Macor Axial XR-10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM