Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Xr10 build few issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #1
J21
Rock Stacker

Default Xr10 build few issues

So I've been talking with Holmes hobbies and losi kid to help get some things ironed out. Both have been very helpful while some of the technical aspects may be a little above my pay grade I am slowly working my way threw things. I have gotten to a point now where it's almost 100 percent driveable and I can learn the small tuning and functions of all my electronics as I go. I have a contracted losikid and hh on this same problem but I thought I would throw it out to everyone who has built xr10 to see if maybe you have had similar issues and there is some information in the grey area between the whole system that is not directly associated with the tx or the esc's. I using stock gearing with 14t hh torque master expert motors with a14t pinion, using a hh dual mini esc, cc bec and a hacked flysky tx/rx. The bec is connected to the battery lead off the esc and plugged into the acc channel on the fx the esc's are connected to channel 2&3 with red wire removed. I reset the tx and re calibrated the esc's. Not sure if calibration was done 100 percent correct but I believe it was. The problem I am having now is witwork fwd throttle the front motor starts to spin before the rear and seems to spin at a slightly faster rate, with rev throttle the rear motor starts to spin first and totems at a much faster rate than the front. I have not changed any rates or trims on the tx as of yet. There is my sorry novel. Thanks for any help you may have
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2016, 01:37 PM   #2
Custom Carbon Fiber

Default Re: Xr10 build few issues

Do you calibrate the ESC's one at a time .... plug one into the RX and the other unplugged then switch them around

Or do you calibrate them both at the same time .... plug battery and both ESC's come one then calibrate

I know nothing about the Flysky radios so Im no help on mixing settings or EPA's. Have you played with any Expo settings though for either channel?
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

sounds like he did them at the same time...
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:49 PM   #4
J21
Rock Stacker

So as far as calibration goes I've done a little bit of everything trying to get them to work and messing with the tx at the same time must have really had things out of order so after I reset the tx I then tried the calibration process again. I believe the process went correctly as everything went as hh list in the instructions other than the final step in neutral. Directions say all lights well go out which was not the case caught remeber what color but one stayed on on each esc. I did each esc separately out of channel 2 first the front and then the rear. Each esc responded the same threw the process. This is what got me to the point I am at now. But I have tried since then to calibrate them at the same time thinking they may be calibrated but just out of sync with each other. But that just resulted in the rear esc not arming itself thus no power to the rear. So I went back and did them individually again. I haven't messed with to many settings on the tx because I am still learning and trying to understand what all the code and language are on the flysky as it is new to me. Messing with too many things on it for me into trouble in three first place so I'm trying to keep as simple as possible for now
Old 07-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Wish I knew more about flysky radio set-up... have you tried searching YouTube for flysky moa/duel esc set-up?
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:57 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Have you checked to make sure radio is set to neutral or 0 in throttle adjustment.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:00 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Have you checked timing on the motors?
Old 07-27-2016, 10:41 PM   #8
J21
Rock Stacker

Not sure on timing. How do you figure out if there is different timing
Old 07-27-2016, 10:48 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Pm sent
Old 07-27-2016, 11:11 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

https://youtu.be/zJd-cIBhs6E

Maybe this will help?
Good video on setting up your radio... 8min point is your radio programmed like this guys in video?

Last edited by tapped-out; 07-27-2016 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:17 AM   #11
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by J21 View Post
I did each esc separately out of channel 2 first the front and then the rear. Each esc responded the same threw the process. This is what got me to the point I am at now.
That makes me think something is off maybe with the Aux mixing.

Quote:
This is what got me to the point I am at now. But I have tried since then to calibrate them at the same time thinking they may be calibrated but just out of sync with each other. But that just resulted in the rear esc not arming itself thus no power to the rear.
Makes me think somethings definetly different with mixing now ..... your neutrals or full throttle points are different. That would cause this, one esc isn't seeing a signal it needs. Im guessing it was the esc plugged into the channel 3/aux port?

Try calibrating one of them in the secondary/aux port that its plugged into when you go to drive it. It needs to be set to that channels settings. Maybe reset the TX again and try it that way? Do them both separately though.

Can you see on the screen anything that shows the throttle input changing? Like numbers or a slide bar for both the throttle and aux channel?

On our MT4's we can see a slide bar move forward and backwards when you pull our triggers. We can see if they are equal or stalled back.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

You have the same issues I have....just a slight delay in the motor sequence (one starts before the other...I believe mine is the rear motor though). It's been awhile since I plugged it in.
I thought it was motor timing but my HH 13t do the same thing. Running duel FXRs smashed and programmed by Heyok. He supplied the GT3c transmitter and the program. Al had never heard of this issue...it's almost like the dig is engaged for a moment....if at any point I let off completely or go into reverse it does it again.

Sorry I don't have the answer for you...J21 But I will keep an eye on this...I think we're on to something

Nice to know I'm not alone
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:08 AM   #13
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
You have the same issues I have....just a slight delay in the motor sequence (one starts before the other...I believe mine is the rear motor though). It's been awhile since I plugged it in.
I thought it was motor timing but my HH 13t do the same thing. Running duel FXRs smashed and programmed by Heyok. He supplied the GT3c transmitter and the program. Al had never heard of this issue...it's almost like the dig is engaged for a moment....if at any point I let off completely or go into reverse it does it again.

Sorry I don't have the answer for you...J21 But I will keep an eye on this...I think we're on to something

Nice to know I'm not alone

Theory back in the day was linked to that happening due to what esc gets powered first. If I remember correctly it was power front first then wire off to the rear ..... you get a little rear stall.

Are you wired battery to one esc then jumped to the next?
Old 07-28-2016, 10:35 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Get in there Matt get that shit running!!!

TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:47 AM   #15
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Theory back in the day was linked to that happening due to what esc gets powered first. If I remember correctly it was power front first then wire off to the rear ..... you get a little rear stall.
It was the other way, rear first, to get rid of (some of) the stall. Didn't really work though.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:50 AM   #16
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
It was the other way, rear first, to get rid of (some of) the stall. Didn't really work though.
So I was half right .......

Old 07-28-2016, 06:44 PM   #17
RCC Addict

If you ordered the motors as a pair, Holmes will have them marked "F" and "R" and they will be running in opposite directions. If you also asked for added timing, then that may be the cause for the difference in forward and rearward speeds.

Just a thought.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:34 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Mine were "F" and "R" marked....matched pair. I got that part right

I'd have to check to see if the battery is wired like that Rob...not sure why that would cause a delay though
Old 07-31-2016, 02:47 PM   #19
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
Mine were "F" and "R" marked....matched pair. I got that part right

I'd have to check to see if the battery is wired like that Rob...not sure why that would cause a delay though
Hi Mr. Clanker...
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:05 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
Hi Mr. Clanker...
Yea buddy...how's it hanging? miss me some crawling my friend...not too many of us up here in the land of fresh water....

Xr10 build few issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
summit lt build issues speedysrt4 Traxxas Crawlers 4 07-23-2014 04:25 AM
xr10 motors or esc issues wade toombs Newbie General 0 12-25-2011 08:19 PM
XR10 Viper Issues? or am I just fine Darth Smoke Axial XR10 35 03-10-2011 08:24 AM
issues with rear axle build slegh Tamiya TLT Crawlers 6 06-02-2008 08:57 AM
Need some help - build problems/issues. Nerve HPI Wheely King 25 11-15-2007 09:09 PM