Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Shoei1 Double Agent 2.0 back in the comp game

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2016, 08:23 AM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Shoei1 Double Agent 2.0 back in the comp game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Traxxas shafts
Tires look good - I was just looking at those and some JConcepts yesterday thinking the same route.

Interested to see what you think of them with tread life and bite
Ahh man wish I would have known. Ehh oh well haha!

Disclaimer on the tires though. I did sweet talk Proline into molding these tires in a different compound. The BFG is a M4 and the tread is G8. I do though now wish I would have gotten them both is M4. Well see I guess.
Shoei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2016, 08:54 AM   #62
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoei1 View Post
Disclaimer on the tires though. I did sweet talk Proline into molding these tires in a different compound. The BFG is a M4 and the tread is G8. I do though now wish I would have gotten them both is M4. Well see I guess.
Oh really .......

Whats the chance Proline wants to bring another tire/pin option out for us 2.2 drivers.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:31 PM   #63
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Oh really .......

Whats the chance Proline wants to bring another tire/pin option out for us 2.2 drivers.
They should make something like the Caliber with a less pin density.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:01 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Oh really .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSK View Post
They should make something like the Caliber with a less pin density.
Im talking to them but of course that's just talk which is better than being ignored. I have been really happy with my relationship with Pro-line and couldn't be happier to support them. They definitely take rc crawling serious and listen to the feedback I give them.

So far with my quick 15min of driving between work and my night class. I have to say that the tires worked really well! They felt really predictable and went where I put them. Now I just need to remember how to comp crawl for championships tomorrow. I tried to take a video yesterday but I clearly cant drive and take video at them same time. I don't know how you guys do that!

Last edited by Shoei1; 09-23-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:09 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Im talking to them but of course that's just talk which is better than being ignored. I have been really happy with my relationship with Pro-line and couldn't be happier to support them. They definitely take rc crawling serious and listen to the feedback I give them.

So far with my quick 15min of driving between work and my night class. I have to say that the tires worked really well! They felt really predictable and went where I put them. Now I just need to remember how to comp crawl for championships tomorrow. I tried to take a video yesterday but I clearly cant drive and take video at them same time. I don't know how you guys do that!
You got this Tyler comp crawling is like bike riding. You never forget. Filming yourself drive... you need a body camera lol... or be like me and look like a dumbass with a go pro strapped to your head.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:16 AM   #66
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:

Its really good to see the support they still give this side of the hobby and always been a fan of their tires. Nice to hear they are listening!

Good luck out there this weekend
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:19 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Championships went pretty well even though I did place well. To be honest I wasn't expecting to. I really just wanted to have a fun day and not break and that's what I did. The rig worked really well and i know that its capable of much more that I could do with it. Found that out real quick when I handed it over to Jake to have some fun with.

Anyways I got 26th out of the 34 drivers in the 2.2pro which is fine with me for my first comp in many years with a brand new rig that has only been on the rocks maybe 30 min. Only thing really that i can complain about was my rear motor still stalls and of course and the times I need it. Im sure I can adjust my driving to correct the issue but really the rear motor should just work. For now I will just deal with it because I don't have the money to spend on some decent motors. If I do motors I will replace the ESC's as well. Sorry to the pics being vertical.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:24 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Try changing the capacitor on the ESC for rear motor or test it by removing it and putting it on a ohm meter it should read the same as on the cap +- the tolerance that is on the cap if it's under replace it there on eBay for about $2.00

Check the size of your brushes on the motor if there about 1/2 as long as new ones replace them and check the spring tension

Just a couple things to try
stankulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:46 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Finally got around to updating my Knuckle weight to the new brass infused filament. My weights are now at 4.4oz they for sure look really cool when sanded to see the brass shine. I also added some 1/8th in plates that I printed because I didnt have time to machine them before the Comp tomorrow.

Old 12-16-2016, 01:55 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Looking good...

Did more shaving on the home made tires? looks good, a little sidewall bite....nice.

See you tomorrow!

TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:13 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Rig looks legit man...very clean work!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
dasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:05 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

The rig worked great at the Borderline Crawlers comp this last weekend. However, the driver still need some practice. I am sure if I made more of a effort to get out and drive my rig I could place much better.

Adding the extra weight up front sure did help but I still need to shorten the shock bodies and get the shorter shock shafts. I also want to take all the electronics out and clean it up now that I have a dedicated receiver for it. Now for some pics because it was a beautiful day Thee was a bit of water on one of the courses and of course I fell into the weeds right after haha!
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2017, 10:02 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Weather was great, some really great courses too. I'm glad you made it out Tyler hope to see you at the next comp.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote

Shoei1 Double Agent 2.0 back in the comp game - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Double agent 2.0 THE ROOKIE Axial XR10 10 04-08-2016 11:22 PM
Gpilot Secret Agent Turn Double Agent. gpilot2000 Axial XR10 7 01-26-2014 08:23 PM