Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: WaTeRwOrKs V2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2016, 09:11 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default WaTeRwOrKs V2.0

So here we have it! V2.0!

I had started a thread on a pvc pipe torsion/ sprung chassis long ago. its gone/ cant find it in my household goods from the army as I served 2 years in SK and 1 year here on FT Campbell KY.

here we go. first renderings of the new chassis. still may be torsion in the rear that's still undecided.

I didn't put holes in for the upper links yet as I want to make the bottom links and find out where the upper link holes should be when I make them.

the bottom link holes... I will use some music wire and test out the set screw method that losi and some other race companies use to hold in their suspension arms in to see if its strong enough.

throughout testing I imagine the bottom link mounts might snap or crack, but that will help me decide on what material to use.

if all else fails. I will lay some cf down in a mold I can make from a 3d printed part.

on to the pictures.

CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2016, 10:48 AM   #2
Custom Carbon Fiber

Default Re: WaTeRwOrKs V2.0

interested to see where this gos ........ don't lose this one lol
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:25 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

First print of the chassis/ tube thingy/ drain pipe/ whatever is on its way! until then I have some other major things to attend to for this build

I wont lose this one lol. I think it might have got lost on the boat or plane. Koreans that deal with household goods can be a little thievious.

but anyway, my axles are loaded with vp stuff and hardened gears and some brass knuckle weights on cf mounts.

im going to tear the axles apart and sandblast the vp stuff and either polish or paint them black or blue. its all mismatched colors/ scratched up.

might do delrin rear lower links since I have a pair, stainless front lower, and ti front upper.

I am working on my rim design right now. pics of axles sunday. and pics of rims tomorrow or later today. we will see.

Last edited by CM9000; 06-09-2016 at 11:27 AM. Reason: first print
Old 06-09-2016, 01:40 PM   #4
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlingman9000 View Post
First print of the chassis/ tube thingy/ drain pipe/ whatever is on its way! until then I have some other major things to attend to for this build

I wont lose this one lol. I think it might have got lost on the boat or plane. Koreans that deal with household goods can be a little thievious.

but anyway, my axles are loaded with vp stuff and hardened gears and some brass knuckle weights on cf mounts.

im going to tear the axles apart and sandblast the vp stuff and either polish or paint them black or blue. its all mismatched colors/ scratched up.

might do delrin rear lower links since I have a pair, stainless front lower, and ti front upper.

I am working on my rim design right now. pics of axles sunday. and pics of rims tomorrow or later today. we will see.

If its all aluminum stuff you can send it out to Brian from Lattice Innovations. He can strip it and re anodize aluminum to almost any color for ya.

He has a vendor thread for it all in the wheel area - look for Shift Hubs.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:12 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I got the print a couple days ago... and immediately noticed a slight issue... I forgot to put the holes in for the set screws to hold the lower link rods in place........

time for a reprint! this time though I did add the extra holes needed for front upper link mounts. and rear torsion/link mounts. I might try shapeways plastic for torsion.

to design those I first need to get ride height and front shocks put on the chassis.

I will edit in pictures in this post later today. stay tuned!
Old 06-23-2016, 02:49 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

here it is. wheels are not printed yet. needs a few tweeks.

front shock mount is removable. working on rear shock design.

I need to see if I want to do torsion with this one first or not.

im having trouble uploading pictures from a phone. idk. ill figure it out. I want to show youz guyz what the chassis print looks like and how defined the lines are!

Last edited by CM9000; 06-23-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:19 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

looks like ill have to transfer my design to pvc... the sls nylon just doesn't wanna hold the screws in the bottom. damn stress test. and on the plus side.. I am switching to berg axles. as I gifted my xr10's away.