Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Curious about chassis options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2016, 07:38 AM   #1

Default Curious about chassis options

kinda new to this and curious between all the different chassis options how do you decide on just one.
bassbusta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2016, 07:56 AM   #2
Custom Carbon Fiber

Default Re: Curious about chassis options

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbusta01 View Post
kinda new to this and curious between all the different chassis options how do you decide on just one.
For me it starts with appearance .... then I move on to forum support from chassis vendor. After that I look through build threads and read them for drivers likes/dislikes and team support. From there I look at its achievements at comps.

Then I decide what I read and liked and buy from there. Ive always decided it that way and Ive never been let down or struggled with a rig to set it up. Ive never been a chassis jumper, running around chasing the newest one or what ever's winning the most. Buy what I think fits me the best, tune the crap out of it, do as well as I can with it and when I think its holding me back I look to try a new one.

Theres a lot of chassis out right now and they all work extremely well - for me I chose to go with 5th Dimension Dominator. It has worked great for me going on its second season. The team has been great, they post a lot with technical support, tuning and we're always willing to help out when we can.

Last edited by Robbob; 10-05-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:54 AM   #3
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
...then I move on to forum support from chassis vendor.
There are bigger companies that have lost my business because they couldn't be bothered to reply back to a simple email or answer a phone call.

For me, vendors here are the same way...there are some who will go out of their way to make sure you're happy, and there have been some here who have walked off with a lot of people's money without saying a word.

Get to know your vendors and don't be afraid to drop them a line and ask questions. If they don't reply, you have all the answers you need.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:27 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
For me it starts with appearance .... then I move on to forum support from chassis vendor. After that I look through build threads and read them for drivers likes/dislikes and team support. From there I look at its achievements at comps.

Then I decide what I read and liked and buy from there. Ive always decided it that way and Ive never been let down or struggled with a rig to set it up. Ive never been a chassis jumper, running around chasing the newest one or what ever's winning the most. Buy what I think fits me the best, tune the crap out of it, do as well as I can with it and when I think its holding me back I look to try a new one.

Theres a lot of chassis out right now and they all work extremely well - for me I chose to go with 5th Dimension Dominator. It has worked great for me going on its second season. The team has been great, they post a lot with technical support, tuning and we're always willing to help out when we can.
Perfect!
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Curious about chassis options - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chassis options? FesterUK Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 5 02-11-2016 01:32 PM
Chassis options sddill Axial SCX-10 3 04-21-2015 08:43 AM
AX-10 chassis options BAXTER Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 08-09-2011 08:57 PM
Chassis Options? M109R HPI Wheely King 4 05-11-2009 02:52 PM
wk chassis options BrandonW HPI Wheely King 10 06-19-2007 10:58 AM