Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Xr10 Dominator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Xr10 Dominator

Well I am the happy new owner of a 5th Dimension Dominator chassis. I have been running hand me down chassis for years and wanted something of my own for one once. So I placed the order with some help from my buddy " Mammoth" I got the order into CBoggs and I was on my way. I got my order a couple of weeks ago when the Boggs clan came north of the border for a comp. got home and started ripping the old truck apart. I had some new Brood motors made at scale Nationals (thanks to Eddy who was amazing to meet) and had been waiting to get the chassis to do the tear down.
Attached Images

Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2017, 03:44 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Xr10 Dominator

Those wheels look amazing.

HilltopRcCrawlers
Chapter 5
Good Fellas
TEAM FCP
doug.steele04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yes also from 5th Dimension. They are pretty sick, I am gonna have a set made for my sucker punch I think.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:34 PM   #4
Custom Carbon Fiber

Looking pretty slick in blue. Happy to see the new version is starting to get out to drivers.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:26 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Yes I am so happy with their custom colour and wheel options. It's a nice change and I just love the blue
Old 08-09-2017, 11:14 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Well I am hoping to get some packs through this bad boy before next weekend which is our next comp. I have all week off so hope to get out a few times for some tuning.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:51 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Well first comp in the books with the new chassis and I couldn't be happier. A couple small shock adjustments from Mammoth the amazing team driver he is and she is almost 100% dialed in. Was a little under the weather as the night before I decided to try and drink my body weight in beer so it was a rough morning. That aside I did manage to run a clean course with the bonus so I was pleased with that as well. Will get some more pictures up soon.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:24 PM   #8
5th D Owner/Driver

Glad to see you got it done, looks real good!
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Well with the outdoor comp season just around the corner and the indoor one coming to an end. Thought I would give a quick update, I have installed my new Brood HHK's that Eddie made me at Scale Nationals last year. Now I can send the old ones in for a rebuild and will have a spare set just in case. This is the nicest chassis I have ever driven and is treating me very well. I am pretty excited for this year and hope to make some WARCRC events as well as our own LMRCC series this year. hope to have some more updates after our indoor comp this Sunday.

Last edited by Billy D; 02-13-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:36 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
Well with the outdoor comp season just around the corner and the indoor one coming to an end. Thought I would give a quick update, I have installed my new Brood HHK's that Eddie made me at Scale Nationals last year. Now I can send the old ones in for a rebuild and will have a spare set just in case. This is the nicest chassis I have ever driven and is treating me very well. I am pretty excited for this year and hope to make some WARCC events as well as our own LMRCC series this year. hope to have some more updates after our indoor comp this Sunday.
Eddie dose a fabulous job on the rebuilds

149 r/c worx/scalerfab/team brood.
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Man I was was really impressed even with the build time of the new. Bonus was I didn’t have to pay shipping or duty so I bought as much as could or needed or the wife would let me, as she was there. No honestly I was super happy to meet him and I was warned he talked a lot but it was all good. I am super curious and still trying to take in as much knowledge as possible so it really was a great experience. I have been slowly changing all my rigs over to Brood so I am super happy.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #12
Hal
Quarry Creeper

I have an older Dominator chassis I bought new as my first chassis and learned a lot about crawling with it. I just recently went through my LHS and he got me the latest one and links. I got the CF. Its almost all built and I am itching to get it out and try it. I was looking at your shock and link positions in the first pic and was wondering if that is still where you are running them. Hope to have it for our next event and can get some help tuning from some of the local guys. Cough cough hint hint robbob maybe. Do like the blue
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:14 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
I have an older Dominator chassis I bought new as my first chassis and learned a lot about crawling with it. I just recently went through my LHS and he got me the latest one and links. I got the CF. Its almost all built and I am itching to get it out and try it. I was looking at your shock and link positions in the first pic and was wondering if that is still where you are running them. Hope to have it for our next event and can get some help tuning from some of the local guys. Cough cough hint hint robbob maybe. Do like the blue
Nice that’s awesome, I love my new chassis. My rears are in the same spot but my front are moved forward one more hole.

Last edited by Billy D; 02-15-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:38 PM   #14

I just picked up a Dominator 2.2M chassis. What is the difference between dominator,super dominator and the 2.2m dominator? I like the wheels too.
big-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #15

I have ever driven and is treating me very well. I am pretty excited for this year and hope to make here
 some WARCRC events as well as our own LMRCC series this year.

Last edited by Ceola; 09-25-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Ceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:47 AM   #16
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-o View Post
I just picked up a Dominator 2.2M chassis. What is the difference between dominator,super dominator and the 2.2m dominator? I like the wheels too.

I dont know the geometry on the super but the 2.2M ones are different.

The original Dominator has been around for quite some time and proved to be reliable. The current version of the Dominator was tweaked in the upper/lower link area as well as shock locations. It proved early on to be very tunable and agressive and has been the version you get for a while now.

I've had mine since the testing stages of the new one and have loved everything about it. The geo changes really helped the XR and Bully2 axle drivers in my opinion. Placed 3rd at the Nats last month with mine and it keeps me in the top 5 every time I run it.

The two most visible differences are the double front shock holes and the dip in the side windows. Theres others but those two are the ones that stand out the most to tell which version it is.

Hope that helps for a late response ...... Mines been a drop and run effort for the last couple seasons and it never lets me down.

Last edited by Robbob; 09-25-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Xr10 Dominator - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Dominator. JENS Axial XR10 40 09-03-2015 02:10 PM
The dominator crawlmaster18 1.9 Scale Rigs 8 04-06-2010 06:35 PM
The dominator crawlmaster18 Axial SCX-10 0 03-30-2010 12:46 AM
New Dominator 2.2 syco133 Tamiya Clod Buster 5 11-08-2005 03:00 PM