Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Another XR10 Build by a Total Noob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2018, 04:09 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Another XR10 Build by a Total Noob

Happy to see this rig going together! It's looking good brotha! Always liked the XR10. Can't wait to see some video & action shots!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2018, 04:40 AM   #22
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Dont discount the FXR yet. There are still parts out there to be had. Hot Racing is still selling some upgrades and a lot of local shops still have NOS sitting out back and would be happy to sell them, get all the axles you can. I would look at robbobs posts he has some great info in them. Also the 2 bolt mod is amust if you dont do the front axle in the rear. I run a front axle out back also. The stock gears wont last long they are junk metal. Put the small brass bushings in place of the little bearings. These are what fail and cause TOTAL destruction of the gears. When they fail the tiny balls migrate all through the dif and destroy the gears. The bushings will need maintanance (replacement) once a year. The only parts on my rigs that are stock are the axle housings. I have 5thD chassis, smashed FXRs, HH 16 turn Crawlmasters, Traxas big bore shocks with mini t pink springs all around, ( never had a leak from these shocks) Bully carbon fiber wheels, Titanium links, HR hardened and lightened gears, and a Castle BEC. My radios are Sanwa MT4 sports, ( love the lever for front/rear digs) Once you get used to driving it you will love it. Welcome to MOA
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:55 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

So I still haven't driven this rig..... It is on the shelf at the moment while I wait on a lot of spare parts I got in an auction I won. Hoping to find enough stuff to have on hand so I can actually drive it without concern of it breaking and being down forever because either I won't shell out or I can't find a part. I am putting a dig in my wraith though while I work on learning to drive with that
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote

Another XR10 Build by a Total Noob - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st post - 1st build - total noob Sebhb Axial SCX10 II 48 05-28-2017 03:18 PM
Total NOOB question. dozerboy Vaterra Twin Hammers 15 10-02-2013 06:59 AM
Total noob Jeepnick Axial AX-10 Scorpion 13 12-05-2011 05:23 AM