Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: is it coming back?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default is it coming back?????

axial might be talking about bringing the xr10 back. I heard over on the book of faces.

1. whats your guys thoughts?
2. kit or parts?
3. what would you change?

1. I think its a good idea, but I think if its the same as before, it should cost the same or less.

2. I honestly would like to see the kit come back out because that would also give others the chance to still get replacement parts.

3. I would ditch the stock original links for sure. and change the rear axle out to be same as the front. that would be a good start. but also.. they should let it come with the axial aftermarket upgrades/ modification to the motor plates it needs right out of the box.

after all this may just be talk and our chains being yanked on.

thoughts?
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2018, 02:00 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: is it coming back?????

I'll take it any way they offer it kit would best but rtr for the noobs

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:34 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I'd definitely pick one (or 2) up if they we're still a sub $200 kit. I don't know how much I'd actually end up using long term, but it would be a cheap re-entry to MOA.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:53 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I'd definitely pick one (or 2) up if they we're still a sub $200 kit. I don't know how much I'd actually end up using long term, but it would be a cheap re-entry to MOA.
I'd be interested for sure also at that price...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:08 PM   #5
Hal
Quarry Creeper

That would be great! Finally a noob rig. The aftermarket for these rigs used to be big. Maybe it would bring in some new blood to 2.2 class. The expense of getting set up is deterring new people from getting in on the fun of this sport. They definately need to include some of the common upgrades to make it worthwhile. Hardened gears, bigger bearings in the tranny and bring it closer to the 12.5 wheelbase would be my main preferances. I am planning already.....too soon? Lol
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:09 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

https://www.facebook.com/pg/axialinc/posts/ a few posts down

I see they have just posed the question "Who'd like to see this bad boy make a comeback?"

I wasn't around for the XR10 but I think it would be cool if it was re-released.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:53 AM   #7
Custom Carbon Fiber

Yes ....... But ......

Change up the axle housing mixture a bit to be harder, add some more carbon fiber to the mixture. Helps with stripping out the upper mount holes and straightens the axles a bit better.

Dump the sintered gears and give them hardened ones out of the gate - make it worth buying.

Drop the chassis and come out with cabless - stock chassis is just gonna get dumped anyway. If RC4wd can make a RTR with a decent chassis these guys can do it better.

Release the cut brake
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:13 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

XR10 Pro Kit or a XR10 ARTR like the Bully 2 would be great.
Axial probably is just trying to get post on their FB page.

It's to late for Axial Racing they missed the boat.
DLUXfab has taken over the world of competition crawling..

Last edited by tapped-out; 10-05-2018 at 06:18 AM.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:11 PM   #9
5th D Owner/Driver

How about a kit that includes all the hopup parts that it should have come with. They already had most the stuff we replace offered so why not include them. Leave all the plastic version to a RTR and make a kit with the good stuff. A better chassis would be nice but most swap that out no matter what it is.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:38 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
How about a kit that includes all the hopup parts that it should have come with. They already had most the stuff we replace offered so why not include them. Leave all the plastic version to a RTR and make a kit with the good stuff. A better chassis would be nice but most swap that out no matter what it is.
Rtr and kit version. Upgraded gears, some aluminum bits and links that don't clog a landfill immediately would be a nice choice.

There is such a die hard following for the rig even now I bet if they brought it back the aftermarket would geek out bigger than ever.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
axial might be talking about bringing the xr10 back. I heard over on the book of faces.

1. whats your guys thoughts?

Isn't the comp crawling scene dead and buried? I know I look at the attendance of events and its pretty low compared to scale, or even just the whole fun trail scene.
I can't see how it is a good idea for axial to invest any capital in producing that thing again.

However my club does do comp crawling, and frankly it cost way to much to get into it. I know my kid would love to give it a try.
If it came in at a reasonable entry level cost, I'd pick one up just to play around with on our camping weekends, and as an excuse to take him to another event.

So I you can put me down for one.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Isn't the comp crawling scene dead and buried? I know I look at the attendance of events and its pretty low compared to scale, or even just the whole fun trail scene.
I can't see how it is a good idea for axial to invest any capital in producing that thing again.

However my club does do comp crawling, and frankly it cost way to much to get into it. I know my kid would love to give it a try.
If it came in at a reasonable entry level cost, I'd pick one up just to play around with on our camping weekends, and as an excuse to take him to another event.

So I you can put me down for one.

Quite the opposite as of late. Lots of fun new parts and designs are coming out and many new faces, mine included.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:43 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Yes ....... But ......

Change up the axle housing mixture a bit to be harder, add some more carbon fiber to the mixture. Helps with stripping out the upper mount holes and straightens the axles a bit better. (harder, stripping, my head aint in the right place for this)

Dump the sintered gears and give them hardened ones out of the gate - make it worth buying.

Drop the chassis and come out with cabless - stock chassis is just gonna get dumped anyway. If RC4wd can make a RTR with a decent chassis these guys can do it better.

Release the cut brake
cut brake? please elaborate.. its been said like zillion times on the fb post lol.

x2 on the cab-less Rob. but.. it makes the price tag go up. id say a cab-less aftermarket option from axial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
That would be great! Finally a noob rig. The aftermarket for these rigs used to be big. Maybe it would bring in some new blood to 2.2 class. The expense of getting set up is deterring new people from getting in on the fun of this sport. They definately need to include some of the common upgrades to make it worthwhile. Hardened gears, bigger bearings in the tranny and bring it closer to the 12.5 wheelbase would be my main preferances. I am planning already.....too soon? Lol
the dettering the noob thing is a topic that's been brought up with many ideas to fix it but nothings changed. 2.2s was the helper to the get in the door but now.. yeah, nice stuff is big money. it didnt help that axial doesn't make a "comp" style rig anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
XR10 Pro Kit or a XR10 ARTR like the Bully 2 would be great.
Axial probably is just trying to get post on their FB page.

It's to late for Axial Racing they missed the boat.
DLUXfab has taken over the world of competition crawling..
pro kit? like losi race roller pro kit? or unassembled pro kit?

missed the boat? they got on it and then hopped off.

pat ba's stuff is pretty wicked too. but yes, dlux is what I hear most about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
rtr.. hmm... I dig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Rtr and kit version. Upgraded gears, some aluminum bits and links that don't clog a landfill immediately would be a nice choice.

There is such a die hard following for the rig even now I bet if they brought it back the aftermarket would geek out bigger than ever.
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Isn't the comp crawling scene dead and buried? I know I look at the attendance of events and its pretty low compared to scale,...

However my club does do comp crawling, and frankly it cost way to much to get into it.
lower than scale events, maybe one big scale event yes, the smaller ones not so much.

it doesn't cost much to drive a rig. but you can throw as much money at it as you can to try to get in first place. skill gets you top spots.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:00 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Cut brake stops one wheel from turning unlike dig which stops both on an axle. Pivot brake
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by odomandr View Post
Cut brake stops one wheel from turning unlike dig which stops both on an axle. Pivot brake
You know.. I had brought up an idea to a few people on here. Similar to the independent brake idea.

Something i havent picked back up.

If axial released this on a rig.. Im sure it would be a mechanical failure. People would probably go back to electronic dig after a month. But.. It would be more efficient than my idea.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #16
RCC Addict

They wouldn't have to invest much because they already made it. I would say better gears, ditch the rear housing and run two fronts, simplify the chassis and use SCX10 shocks. There are enough people still in comp crawling and axial loves releasing the same old thing with a new body so you never know?
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:21 AM   #17
Uli
Quarry Creeper

Me like
Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:55 PM   #18
I joined the Band!

I would buy 2 or how about some axles in their own.
xlostonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:57 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

An axle kit with needed upgrades would be nice..

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2018, 07:38 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

I'm completely new to this sport and have been eyeing used xr10's. Are parts available for them still or are they hard to come by? I too would like to see an entry level MOA become available. The only ones available that I can find are way too expensive for me.
Cbd23 is offline   Reply With Quote

is it coming back????? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
coming back! hoghead5150 Oklahoma 5 08-04-2015 08:56 AM
I'm back, N coming out of the closet TLTCrawlin Chit Chat 21 06-30-2008 06:02 PM
TLT Coming Back Crawlin Around Chit Chat 42 03-21-2007 02:09 PM