RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial XR10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/)
-   -   xr10 axle housings (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/617363-xr10-axle-housings.html)

2004DE_JR 04-17-2020 05:53 AM

xr10 axle housings

hello

i just found a XR10 unbuilt in the box on eBay, the kit was about 90% complete but the axle housings are missing as well as the front motor plate assembly. i am looking for axle housings i can use either a stock housing or replacement after market axles, where do i begin other than eBay. i found the front axle housing but not the rear. any help would be great.

2004DE_JR 04-17-2020 06:10 PM

Re: xr10 axle housings

well i guess not a place to post questions to get answers

day215 04-19-2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2004DE_JR (Post 6014767)

Are you the same guy that posted on the MOA Facebook page? This forum is dead, everyone has moved to Facebook for the most part. This is a good place to look for tech stuff, but don’t expect many answers, especially is a firm for a discontinued RC.

Postclanker 04-19-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2004DE_JR (Post 6014767)

Well you waited all of 17 minutes for a reply :roll:

I actually looked to see if I still had one....you might try the wanted forum here

day215 04-20-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postclanker (Post 6015221)

I actually looked to see if I still had one....you might try the wanted forum here

Nah, he waited almost 12 hours, but still.....

day215 04-20-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postclanker (Post 6015221)

Nah, he waited almost 12 hours, but still.....

The off handed comments don’t do much to make people want to help.

Hal 05-27-2021 04:41 AM

Well I just stumbled upon this thread.... are you still looking? For what it is worth for you or anyone else trying to make a MOA with XR10 axle, they are very hard to get. If you get lucky you may find a LHS with some NOS. They stopped making them some time ago. I found the front axle design is crap anyway. I ended up using 2 rear axles to build mine. The reason you are missing these parts is they are really the only pieces that you use to make a full on comp rig. The gears and internals are all junk. Everybody gets aftermarket chassis and links to make a crawler. Vanquish still makes some c-hubs and knuckles. The 60 axle uses the same ones. Finding the housings is like finding a unicorn. Very rare. If you do locate some get them even if it is to sell later.

ruffryder 07-01-2021 03:19 PM

What didn't you like about the front axle? That's the complete opposite of what most done with the axles. A front casing on the rear gives more clearance and less play in the housing so the gears don't skip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hal (Post 6082578)
Well I just stumbled upon this thread.... are you still looking? For what it is worth for you or anyone else trying to make a MOA with XR10 axle, they are very hard to get. If you get lucky you may find a LHS with some NOS. They stopped making them some time ago. I found the front axle design is crap anyway. I ended up using 2 rear axles to build mine. The reason you are missing these parts is they are really the only pieces that you use to make a full on comp rig. The gears and internals are all junk. Everybody gets aftermarket chassis and links to make a crawler. Vanquish still makes some c-hubs and knuckles. The 60 axle uses the same ones. Finding the housings is like finding a unicorn. Very rare. If you do locate some get them even if it is to sell later.