Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: DIG with DX5 PRO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default DIG with DX5 PRO?

I just picked up an XR. Nice used rig with Pitbull chassis and dual Sidewinders.
I bought a DX5 Pro to make sure I can operate dual ESCs. This is my first time with dual ESC.
I have the rig running good (to me) but I am still at a loss of how to shut down rear drive for dig. I can't understand how to assign the rear to a switch.

Any tips, links, videos?
Bansh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2020, 02:17 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: DIG with DX5 PRO?

I’m not sure how much help this will be since it’s for the DX6R, but the video goes over setting up a dual ESC MOA setup, so it might have some helpful parallels.

https://youtu.be/jKvMIMlOx-c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:42 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Tech support from Spektrum sent me that video. Not even remotely similar to the Pro.
I may watch again just to hear the basis of what he's showing and try and translate to my needs.
The manuals for these are really worthless.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:34 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Any luck so far?

Horizon customer service should have some support staff who could walk you through setting it up over the phone. Might have to have them transfer the call to one of their crawler owner staff members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:11 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
Any luck so far?

Horizon customer service should have some support staff who could walk you through setting it up over the phone. Might have to have them transfer the call to one of their crawler owner staff members.

Horizon just sent me the link to the DX6r video.
A guy on a Facebook Comp group posted up all the steps with pics on his DX5 pro. has to be done through 'drive modes"
Complicated. Haven't tried it yet. I thought I fried the electronics last week monkeying with so many settings.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:17 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I’m waiting on my DX5 Pro. Hope I figure it out. I have an XR also. I need to get it going. I’m going to YouTube...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ClovisCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:33 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansh88 View Post
I just picked up an XR. Nice used rig with Pitbull chassis and dual Sidewinders.

I bought a DX5 Pro to make sure I can operate dual ESCs. This is my first time with dual ESC.

I have the rig running good (to me) but I am still at a loss of how to shut down rear drive for dig. I can't understand how to assign the rear to a switch.

Any tips, links, videos?

This is my first time too. Earlier I researched and found that I needed a 3 position switch to properly engage the 3 drives (front, rear & all wheel drive). I just got my DX5 Pro and I think this is the switch you and I need to make it work. Go for it. I’m waiting on my SD card. And I’m using a Holmes BR Mini Dual

Old 10-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClovisCrawler View Post
This is my first time too. Earlier I researched and found that I needed a 3 position switch to properly engage the 3 drives (front, rear & all wheel drive). I just got my DX5 Pro and I think this is the switch you and I need to make it work. Go for it. I’m waiting on my SD card. And I’m using a Holmes BR Mini Dual

If you assign the “I” button (you’ll see the letter “I” above & to the left of the button) when you’re in MOA mode I think that’ll work. I’m not going to do it till I get my SD card. Let me know if it works. And I’ll also saw this mode. Must be for Clodbusters

Old 10-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClovisCrawler View Post
If you assign the “I” button (you’ll see the letter “I” above & to the left of the button) when you’re in MOA mode I think that’ll work. I’m not going to do it till I get my SD card. Let me know if it works. And I’ll also saw this mode. Must be for Clodbusters

I’ve had success a couple of weeks ago and have been crawling. Once you go to the MOA section you will see that 3 position switch on the display. Just assign 50/50% front/rear in the middle position for all wheel drive and then choose which drive (front or rear) for the other positions. I find the lower position better for 100/0% front/rear or front drive only. Just do the opposite on the remaining position for rear drive. Simple. But you must FIRST assign and make active the MOA throttle mix BEFORE calibration of your MOA esc setup or watch the white smoke billow from your crawler. No sh*t. Been there. Don’t wanna do that again. Holmes Torquemaster electronic speed controllers are expensive!

DIG with DX5 PRO? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with Spektrum DX5 Pro Taper Electronics 3 10-18-2020 04:36 AM
DX5 rugged and rocker dig help Tanz Electronics 8 06-03-2020 05:36 PM
DX5R Battery Mod to DX5 Pro Voodoobrew Electronics 2 12-16-2018 10:49 PM
NEW Spektrum DX5 Pro In Stock!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 2 07-30-2018 09:12 AM