Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Yeti XL Front Diff Binding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Yeti XL Front Diff Binding

So I've put 3 sets of packs through the XL so far, only running 4S haven't tried 6S yet. The first run I broke a front left A arm. Replaced. During the down time I shimmed the diffs for when I eventually try 6S and for good measure. Running on dirt/rock construction site area and doing some 5 foot high type jumps I came down nose forward landing the last jump as I had many before it. Then noticed trying to throttle forward the front wheels weren't moving the back wheels were. When I spun the one front wheel with my hand the other spun in the same direction. I took the diff out and found that the diff bevel gear had about 4 or 5 gears with some damage. The driveshaft bevel gear (the one I shimmed) looks OK. The diff outdrive shafts maybe are ever so slightly bent? All other gears look alright. Diff case doesn't look flexed. Bearings seem OK. I did notice that the two top screws in the bulkhead holding the driveshaft bevel gear in (the one I shimmed) are ever so slightly stripped because I ever so gently continue tightening them and they never seem to get tight. Thinking maybe that on the land the force of the shaft forced forward and caused the mark on the larger bevel gear. I don't know. Axial said they'd pay to have it shipped back and fix it up send it back to me. I want to see if drive shafts and new mesh gears might fix it first (since I already ordered them yesterday). Any advices would be much appreciated. BTW I was running the rig stock except for Solar D772 servo and Castle BEC, bypassed the RX for 7.4v power, and homemade steering links using aluminum threaded tubing. p.s. I'm not sure how to upload images best sorry for the links.

relay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Yeti XL Front Diff Binding

A few of us are having diff problems, I think axial might have to address it...
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Yeti XL Front Diff Binding

try posting your images to photobucket and putting them in that way, as that appears to be easier I am finding.

or what I did with your image below is to right click on the image itself and grab that URL direct.

Cainlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Yeti XL Front Diff Binding - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
independent front suspension and front diff build canadian scx10 Axial SCX-10 1 02-13-2011 07:52 PM
Diff binding? 2JSC Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 11-22-2008 11:20 PM