Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Yeti XL Aftermarket Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2017, 10:17 AM   #461
RCC Addict

Default Re: Yeti XL Aftermarket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionisi View Post
Vanquish needs to make a version 2 rear for this thing already.
Harley sent me a email mention about a V2 I passed on that a boot would be a great feature... I also mentioned that he could manufacturer a bushing instead of boarding the housing... That was a couple of months ago...I tend to bug him about the XL on a monthly basis for us..
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2017, 10:07 PM   #462
I wanna be Dave

Rear Trailing Arms for Axial Yeti XL

84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:10 AM   #463
Quarry Creeper

Those look clean, grub screws look a little small imo. But only way to know how they hold up sure, is if someone bashes them. I do like the looks.
Mudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #464
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman View Post
Those look clean, grub screws look a little small imo. But only way to know how they hold up sure, is if someone bashes them. I do like the looks.
Being Frenched in should help the strength a bit. If it became a problem, Traxxas or RPM Jato ends with 4mm grubs should do.

They do look good but I would be more curious on the grade of aluminum. 6065 and you can keep them RC4WD.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 04:24 PM   #465
Pebble Pounder

Man got all excited to purchase that RC4WD rear axle, but you guys bought them out :/ I would have had to remove all that nasty black anyways.... come on Vanquish step up....
jump_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:14 PM   #466
I wanna be Dave

Hot Racing Axial Yeti XL RC Car upgrades and Hop-ups

Old 01-29-2017, 06:42 PM   #467
Quarry Creeper

I might pick up that transmission case. I have basically everything else they make, but this thing actually serves a purpose. The stock case allows the bearings to spin inside the recess and create a ton of heat which causes the bearing to burn into the case and disintegrate.
Lavaheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #468
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump_it View Post
Man got all excited to purchase that RC4WD rear axle, but you guys bought them out :/ I would have had to remove all that nasty black anyways.... come on Vanquish step up....
It's back in stock and orderd....

Hardcore Centered Rear Axle Case for Axial Yeti XL
jump_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #469
Quarry Creeper

Just built my hot racing transmission. The case halves are beautiful and my transmission is super smooth. Very happy. Gotta say that Hot Racing makes beautiful quality pieces.
Lavaheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:46 PM   #470
I wanna be Dave

VP housings are back up for sale.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #471
RCC Addict

This is a V1 STILL....
This is the description that they provided on their website. This also fortifies that the issue that I discovered over a year ago. Is funny I was flamed by so many people in the community telling me that it wasn't an issue where are those guys now?

ATTENTION!!
These axles were designed to use the non-HD gear set for the Axial Yeti XL. To use the HD gear set, modifications to the gear may be required achieve proper mesh. We do not provide the instructions for the modifications of the HD gear set.
Vanquish Products Aluminum Rear Axle Assembly for Axial Yeti XL

Replaces Yeti XL rear axle housing
Aluminum construction for strength and heat dissipation
Added aluminum bearing retainer caps for reduction of plastic flex and reduction of gear separation under heavy loads up to 6S power
One piece bearing retainers patent pending
Redesigned aluminum differential cover
Increases strength with oversized 15mm x 24mm x 5mm pinion bearing
Replaces part numbers AX31044, AX31016
Comes with all hardware and instructions needed to install Vanquish Products Axle

Includes the following:

1pc Vanquish Logo Diff Cover
1pc Bearing Spacer
1pc Axle
1pc 6802-2RS Fast Eddy Bearing
2pcs Bearing Insert
4pcs M3 x 0.5 x SHCS 6mm
4pcs M3 x 0.5 x SHCS 10mm
4pcs M2.5 x 0.45 BHCS 6mm
weight is 8.8 oz
Old 02-10-2017, 06:07 PM   #472
Rock Crawler

BHB you have engineered and built everything else. Get off your ass and build us a real housing. You know you can.
pro mod steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:35 PM   #473
RCC Addict

Funny you mention that... I'm making a 1/5 Straight axle out of a 1/5 diff section for the 12s SMT5 lol.. I've got a internal third member portal in the works.. I'm sure Traxxas will snag that one up too lol Thanks Steve .
Old 02-11-2017, 10:46 AM   #474
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
Funny you mention that... I'm making a 1/5 Straight axle out of a 1/5 diff section for the 12s SMT5 lol.. I've got a internal third member portal in the works.. I'm sure Traxxas will snag that one up too lol Thanks Steve .
I would like to see that axle but i would like more of a lesson learned. Don't share it anywhere like here, FB, Stupid gram, big bird or the others. Pre-patent that axle or anything else. Everyone does it so why not you.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:42 PM   #475
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
VP housings are back up for sale.
And They ARE AWESOME !! it was hard to justify the cost.. But I haven't regretted it sense . Vanquish really produces the finest products...
Old 02-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #476
20K Club

We have many more housings quite a few housings that have not been plated yet, so we still have a feed of axles coming. However, after we sell what we have of those we will likely not make more. Being that the YXL is not a hugely popular truck, the supply may still last awhile but if you want them you better get them before long.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #477
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
However, after we sell what we have of those we will likely not make more. Being that the YXL is not a hugely popular truck, the supply may still last awhile but if you want them you better get them before long.
This is by no means directed at you Harley but VP as a Company in regards to the Yeti XL.

There is NO Axial or any RC that doesn’t need an upgrade. I can’t speak for everyone but personally I will pony up for quality American made products each and every time. I have/had hundreds of $$ in VP products on my SCX Jeep, Wraith(s), Yeti(s), my Emeryworx Bomber and a few non MFG RC’s I built from scratch.

It is a shame that the Rear Axle will be DQ’d once stock is gone but due to the attention VP has given the Yeti XL IMO nobody will really be sad or surprised.

You say the Yeti XL is not popular and I can only assume it is being compared it to say a Yeti, Wraith, Bomber etc. which is a big chunk of VP’s product base. VP can take partial blame for it not being popular IMO. Why? VP sells just about every upgrade part for Axial Products Except for the Yeti XL. Not offering parts takes away your market share and keeps the Yeti XL popular with other aftermarket companies. Look at the number of parts offered by Hot Racing with at least 30 that VP makes for other vehicles. Personally, I don’t like HR but I like them more than Asia Tees who make probably a hundred different items for the Yeti XL. When a RC needs an upgrade, consumers look to an aftermarket company to fix the issue. A company like VP offers a product that fixes the issue and the product is bought. The consumer gets the word out via forums, stupid book, big bird and the like that said product is worth the $$ and the RC vehicle is FUN which in turn makes it more popular. Not business rocket science there.

Yeti XL Problem Examples that make it NOT Popular and rightfully so
** #1 & 2 will kill any RC before it even takes hold in the market.
1. Blown Front Diff – Fix is the BHB Pinion Mod, 3rd Bearing Mod, DHawk or HR Bulkhead, good bearings, shimming etc. Notice there are no VP products

2. Blown Center Trans due to Bearings exploding from crappy bearings and a weak plastic case – Fix buy a HR Alum case, good bearings, shimming etc. Notice there are no VP products.

3. Blown Rear Diff – Fix is the BHB Pinion Mod, 3rd Bearing Mod, DHawk or HR trusses, Braces, lockouts, good bearings, shimming etc. Notice there are no VP products.

4. Steering Slop – Fix is the DHawk or HR upgrade, solid links, Alum top plate etc. Notice there are no VP products.

The lists can go on but as stated the problem list like any RTR, Kit or first release RC has the ability to be fixed with aftermarket support.

I will continue to buy VP products for my other RC’s because they are one available and two really good and worth the extra $$.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #478
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
We have many more housings quite a few housings that have not been plated yet, so we still have a feed of axles coming. However, after we sell what we have of those we will likely not make more. Being that the YXL is not a hugely popular truck, the supply may still last awhile but if you want them you better get them before long.
For a NEW machine hitting the floor with a EVER GROWING community I'd say the XL's heart is still pounding...
More views than the Beloved Bomber...

Sad because I've been making the vanquish pretty good these days on Instagram and I've referred at least 5 people to you... Rip is ALL on board lol
If a Bomber XL ever comes out will you make parts for that ?

Old 02-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #479
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
You say the Yeti XL is not popular and I can only assume it is being compared it to say a Yeti, Wraith, Bomber etc. which is a big chunk of VP’s product base. VP can take partial blame for it not being popular IMO. Why? VP sells just about every upgrade part for Axial Products Except for the
When I say not popular I mean by number of actual units sold. I don't think VP has a part in determining a popularity of a vehicle in that respect, or if VP does it's a very small change.

Designing and machining parts for production takes huge amounts of resources and when you have a finite amount of those resources due to being a small shop in NorCal, it makes sense to focus on the trucks that will have a return on the investment. To do that, it means we have to pay attention to the number of trucks out there. The YXL has a very small number of trucks out there.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #480
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
For a NEW machine hitting the floor with a EVER GROWING community I'd say the XL's heart is still pounding...
More views than the Beloved Bomber...

Sad because I've been making the vanquish pretty good these days on Instagram and I've referred at least 5 people to you... Rip is ALL on board lol
If a Bomber XL ever comes out will you make parts for that ?
I'd put a decent size cash wager on the fact that more bombers sold in one month last year then YXL's have in total since release

If Axial ever did a Bomber version I'd love to have one personally. While my personal desire to build parts for that would possibly sway the chances we'd -actually build parts, that doesn't mean we'd be able to swing our focus all that way. Solid axle is always my preference, and while I enjoyed my YXL for awhile it didn't really "trip my trigger" as they say. I want every Axial car to be a smash hit and sell thousands a month like an SCX, but it's just not the reality we are in.

I'd be willing to bet that no more YXL size cars are coming though.

Yeti XL Aftermarket Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aftermarket springs question/thread Troublekitty Axial Wraith 6 11-10-2014 09:20 PM
yeti 1 week review/ build thread db450 Axial Yeti 0 09-10-2014 12:49 AM
Badger's Axial Yeti Rock Racer disassembly thread badger Axial Yeti 193 09-02-2014 11:25 AM
YETI Sightings Thread Ty@Tekin Axial Yeti 1 08-04-2014 03:58 PM