Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Yeti XL Solid Front Axle by Helios RC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Yeti XL Solid Front Axle by Helios RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG T View Post
Where's the center diff and input shaft
Here are the parts you need http://docs.axialracing.com/Instruct..._4WD_-_Kit.pdf
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #102
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfalkon View Post
I don't know if the version 1 is ever gonna go back in the market I do hope so but I am glad that I had the opportunity to get one before it went out. (hint hint please put it back on market so I can get spares )
Dual with v1 hubs: XL Steering Conversion (Truss-Dual and v1 Hubs) (WCSA3RCSD) by HeliosRC

Left with v1 hubs: XL Steering Conversion (Truss-Left and v1 Hubs) (7AJB6NBJP) by HeliosRC

Right with v1 hubs: XL Steering Conversion (Truss-Right and v1 Hubs) (9EC6228MW) by HeliosRC

hint hint
Helios RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 02:42 PM   #103
Pebble Pounder

Left v1 hub: Yeti XL - Left Chub (Helios RC Conversion) (W6TH42YS2) by HeliosRC
Right v1 hub: Yeti XL - Right Chub (Helios RC Conversion) (D9J2GKJ29) by HeliosRC
Old 12-02-2015, 09:35 AM   #104
Quarry Creeper

Thank you making the V1 C-hubs available, you might not have checked your inbox in a while so I would like to know if you are still sending me the updated trusses with the dual mount in white. I will be making the purchase before the year ends hopefully you would be able to read this before then. Also PMed you the same message.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:12 PM   #105
Pebble Pounder

What are the required parts for a full axle assembly.
BIG T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:39 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Apologies for not writing a review on your product yet I have been mostly replacing broken parts after test runs and crashes. To date I have broken and ordered 3 sets of your YXL C-Hubs, I think its unfair and premature to write one now, since I broke them due to driver error, miscalculations and electrical failures resulting in bad landings and crashing into things. But I have not given up on this project and I designing sturdier parts for printing to minimize breakage so I can have at least a decent amount of time when testing your product before a part breaks again. I've also sent you a PM of the same message.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:22 PM   #107
RCC Addict

tonyfalkon
Pebble Pounder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YXL parts as is aren't meant for a true 1/7 scale monster truck doing 50 mph even with an 800kv brushless motor, I have broken and replaced 90 percent of the YXL original parts and broke the helios steering too, and I have bought and broken 2 more tubs and helios steering C-Hubs trying different motor combinations. As I look at it I have 4 choices easiest is cut my losses and divert resources to my other build like the DOMINATOR XLX

1/7 scale 4 wheel independent suspension, 4 wheel steering YXL racing buggy or the YXL bouncer. Or be happy bashing at lower speeds say 35 mph but that won't be enough for the 10 foot jumps or the back flips. Or change to the 15lbs tires and wheel to smaller setup maybe an 8 x 4 like the rampage but it wouldn't look the same anymore. Or get the 2 speed setup and use it for crawlingLol
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:42 PM   #108
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
tonyfalkon
Pebble Pounder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YXL parts as is aren't meant for a true 1/7 scale monster truck doing 50 mph even with an 800kv brushless motor, I have broken and replaced 90 percent of the YXL original parts and broke the helios steering too, and I have bought and broken 2 more tubs and helios steering C-Hubs trying different motor combinations. As I look at it I have 4 choices easiest is cut my losses and divert resources to my other build like the DOMINATOR XLX

1/7 scale 4 wheel independent suspension, 4 wheel steering YXL racing buggy or the YXL bouncer. Or be happy bashing at lower speeds say 35 mph but that won't be enough for the 10 foot jumps or the back flips. Or change to the 15lbs tires and wheel to smaller setup maybe an 8 x 4 like the rampage but it wouldn't look the same anymore. Or get the 2 speed setup and use it for crawlingLol

Seriously...... act your age and if your going to quote me from my own build thread #62 and #64 quote it right coz now you just look desperate and your embarrassing yourself.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #109
RCC Addict

ignorance makes me ignorant ... I don't know why you have to be the smartest guy in the room EVERYTIME Tony... Maybe you are.. I'm not smart enough to figure out that one..I wish you acted more encouraging to the community in stead of smarter ...

I encourage all helpful mods that have been tried .. Your redirecting the HD mod without even owning a set... Your telling us that you scrapped the MT XL ..and your gonna build the first ever XLX .. then you rebuttal to Helios.. I'll walk away but... who started this bs in the first place...You use to be my HERO Tony
Old 05-09-2016, 07:17 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
ignorance makes me ignorant ... I don't know why you have to be the smartest guy in the room EVERYTIME Tony... Maybe you are.. I'm not smart enough to figure out that one..I wish you acted more encouraging to the community in stead of smarter ...
I never said that thats why I indicated post numbers on my last response, and now your resorting to self deprecation are you really that lacking in your self confidence that you belittle yourself that way. Not to mention condescending and patronizing me to make yourself out to be the little guy??? really ????? seriously really?????

Is that why you re-acted negatively on your build thread #21 when I suggested a low profile aluminum bar rail which was again just a suggestion not a command.

Quote:
I encourage all helpful mods that have been tried ..
Your redirecting the HD mod without even owning a
set... Your telling us that you scrapped the MT XL ..
and your gonna build the first ever XLX .. then you
rebuttal to Helios.. I'll walk away but... who started
this bs in the first place...You use to be my HERO
Tony
In our number of posting back and forth I've always indicated I'm not giving up this project[/COLOR] and then I list that as one of the general options open to me and you instantly take that as a confirmation that I'm abandoning my project.

And your accusing me of redirecting your mod in spite and despite the fact that I don't have helical gears, it didn't occur to you that I was talking about the old gears. Your so worried of the applications of my idea and you're afraid of the implications affecting your mods that you are trying hard to discredit it by attacking me and my work. And you keep mentioning, inserting your project name on my benefactors thread, no less, hows that working out for you.

Damn you really are that shallow all this time I thought you were just clowning around for laughs I never thought you were serious about your posts. Maybe I should start attacking the flaws in your build see how you like it, but that would be stooping to your level and I hear your an expert at that level.

I would like to apologize to Helios and all the readers of this senseless rant, please feel free to delete this post.

And if there is any chance that this is just you clowning around I gotta give it to ya you have me convinced
Old 05-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #111
RCC Addict

And if there is any chance that this is just you clowning around I gotta give it to ya you have me convinced

Old 05-10-2016, 06:36 AM   #112
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys, it's great to see the passion regarding products and product improvement. Let's just try to use that energy for good. We all know that it's an iterative process and Tony is probably one of the hardest testers out there. We want feedback to help make these better.

Lastly, we worked very hard on these and are completely happy for people to work with us on their own potential iterations. If you want to do this please contact us first.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:58 AM   #113
Pebble Pounder

Ok, so quick summary to this point:
  1. Massive tires like the Demolishers are too big.
  2. Our testing has been with similar to stock weight and size wheels and tires

We will have the Mega Truck at AxialFest this year and hopefully it will have some new mods done to it. We have a lot of 1/10 scale products that are taking up all of our time so progress on this has been slow.

Traffic on RCC is way down and we aren't checking it regularly anymore. If you need to reach us right away, please contact via the website or through Facebook. It seems like everyone is moving from forums to social media more these days.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #114
RCC Addict

Those tires are like cement blocks on a rig for sure !! I've heard that you will make aluminum knuckles for the vanquish at triple the price of the plastic ones .. Is this a option that you offer ? Thanks for extending the boundaries for the XL market !!
Old 05-16-2016, 02:53 PM   #115
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Those tires are like cement blocks on a rig for sure !! I've heard that you will make aluminum knuckles for the vanquish at triple the price of the plastic ones .. Is this a option that you offer ? Thanks for extending the boundaries for the XL market !!
We have the plastic ones done with selective laser sintering of Nylon so they are pretty tough. The same process can be used to make metal ones.

However, just priced them and Aluminum ones would be around $275 each and stainless ones would be about $150 each. So, I wouldn't consider that an option.

It would be cheaper to have them machined at a machine shop out of 7075.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:03 PM   #116
RCC Addict

Is their any footage over the conversion with "Normal Sized tires " ? Is the Nylon more durable than the Axial moldings ? I have a lot of questions .... I'll have to give you a ring after I follow up a little more on your products !!! I'm interested in giving them a honest review and a how-to video because I think your on the right path !! Thanks for your efforts !!
Old 12-01-2016, 11:21 PM   #117

Wow, I need to get me a set for a scale build I'm trying out.
Curious, what's the real difference between the kits you have listed? I know the difference as far as left, right, or dual. But it looks like on your site you have 2 different types of sets.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
86HalfTrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:52 PM   #118

Anyone still alive in here?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
86HalfTrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:53 AM   #119
Pebble Pounder

I haven't been around in a while but let me get my popcorn.
Dionisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #120
RCC Addict

I don't know if current printed plastic can even stand up to no jump, light use on a truck the size of the XL. Basically a case of "we have the plans" but not yet the way to execute it.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote

Yeti XL Solid Front Axle by Helios RC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CC01 solid front axle phre0n Tamiya XC/CC01 10 09-14-2011 06:14 PM
New member with CC01 solid front axle build BigSwede Tamiya XC/CC01 29 02-02-2011 02:33 PM
Non drive solid front axle? axman2010 Non Crawler RC's 8 10-18-2009 03:52 PM
solid rear axle and no shocks on front! 4x4crawler General Crawlers 8 01-09-2006 02:14 PM
solid xc front axle spookyseven Tamiya TLT Crawlers 7 04-08-2005 09:09 PM