Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: yeti Xl XMaxx raptor body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2018, 08:05 PM   #1

Default yeti Xl XMaxx raptor body

Has anybody tried mounting the xmaxx proline raptor body to the yeti XL cage. The wheel base of the two is very close. Still looking to build yeti XL trophy truck. I have found wheel and tire combo still need the correct size body to achieve a scale looking Yeti XL TT setup.
DOWNHILLADDICTIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: yeti Xl XMaxx raptor body

Losi super Baja Rey is almost out. Possibly that body will be what you are looking for
Lavaheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:20 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Have you considered this 72p-bs501-070r or this 72P-BS501-070G, this is what I used to build a Yeti XL Trophy Truck and built a tube frame to strengthen the body panels, and used HPI Dirt buster to tie it all together. What wheel and tire combo did you come up with? There aren't a lot of Yeti XL owners that still customizes there YXL's, good luck with your build, stay safe and have fun otherwise, what's the point.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #4

I think I am going to go with associated nomad DB8. The wheel and tire size are close to scale. General grabber tire tread.
DOWNHILLADDICTIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfalkon View Post
Have you considered this 72p-bs501-070r or this 72P-BS501-070G, this is what I used to build a Yeti XL Trophy Truck and built a tube frame to strengthen the body panels, and used HPI Dirt buster to tie it all together. What wheel and tire combo did you come up with? There aren't a lot of Yeti XL owners that still customizes there YXL's, good luck with your build, stay safe and have fun otherwise, what's the point.
Hi Tony,

Hi All,

First post and first RC Car in years, so just got my YXL and would like to put a SCT body on it. How well do these bodies fit? I checked the link but there are no specs for the width and wheelbase. And scale seems large a 1/5 in lieu of 1/6 which seems more realistic than 1/8 quoted by Axial...

Also considering the Losi Super Baja Rey body but the wheelbase of the YXL is slightly less (475mm opposed to 490mm) and the width slightly more (414mm oposed to 396mm).

I'm guessing but by finding a suitable wheel and tire combo I could shave off a few mm of the width through tire width and wheel offset. But obviously wheelbase is fixed...

Any help and pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers

Guy
Guyzer73 is offline   Reply With Quote

yeti Xl XMaxx raptor body - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XMAXX body to YXL Question SkyScorpion Axial Yeti XL 15 04-07-2017 08:53 AM
Pro-Line 2017 Ford Raptor Body for Yeti SCORE Trophy Truck - In stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 02-08-2017 05:54 PM
proline raptor body for yeti. how much paint? Yeti guy Paint and Body 6 01-02-2017 03:54 PM